• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dealing with LEO's

maclean

imported post

Proficient? The last thing i want is a proficient LEO helping me, I want a WELL TRAINIED one besides being a MP is not even close to being a Civi LEO. The side of a cop car reads "To protect and serve" protect and serve who? not me i cant count on them to protect me if i could i wouldnt need my guns.

It seems to me that you are defending civi LEO's but i dont see them doing the worlds policing, I look around and i see SOLDIERS and Marines doing the same work the civi LEO's do and for half the pay and half the gear.

Id feel alot better about Law enforcement IF they were military.

Profficient, in the military I served in, and in my current occupation, means "well trained and capable of operating without supervision."

The side of my agencies patrol cars do not read "To Protect and Serve" and that old saw is widely misunderstood.

As has been pointed out to you before, the function of the police is not to protect you so you would not need your guns. You, and you alone, are responsible for your personal safety. That is how it is *supposed* to work.

The only reason you are supposed to need me is for when the shit gets WAY out of hand.

The military does not perform the function civilian police do, anywhere in the world. You are confusing "police action" with policing. Having performed in both capacities, I can assure you this is truth.

Don't believe me? Ask a Marine what "reasonable suspicion" and "probable cause" mean on the streets of Iraq.

You sir, have a bias. So do I. I am working on mine - will you work on yours?

We are on the same team, Marine. Peace.

jarhead1911A

imported post

Despite how hard i am on LEO's my intent now and as its always been is to protect the inocent and bring down those who wish to harm others.

I am very intrested in working in either SWAT or Homocide nothing else i have no intrest in writting speeding tickets, Thats what we have the WSP for.

maclean

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
Despite how hard i am on LEO's my intent now and as its always been is to protect the inocent and bring down those who wish to harm others.

I am very intrested in working in either SWAT or Homocide nothing else i have no intrest in writting speeding tickets, Thats what we have the WSP for.
I truly wish you the best, it's going to be quite an endeavor and we need all the help we can get.

Johnny Law

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:

I'm always glad to hear that people want to learn about, and get involved in LE. I too have little interest in tickets, and fortunately don't deal with many at all.

I can tell you that you will have to put in many years as a Patrol Officer before you will ever get to any other position. Patrol is where you will learn the vast majority of your skills, and there are no good Swat Officers that weren't good Patrol Officers. Reserves is a great place to start, but you will still be fairly shielded from the real SHTF calls.

jarhead1911A

imported post

My Bias is MINE because i have lived it for almost 3 straight years. I know the diffrence between police action and being the police of the world. What i dont get is how the state can waste so much money yet put very little into the LEO's. I remember reading a story awhile back about how there is 1 officer for ever 150 people in the city of Tacoma. Now that dosnt seem fair to the cops nor to the people as TPD is very over worked.

So fighting with you is pointless, So i should be asking for help or maybe i am. IF the LEO's are getting shafted maybe we the people need to start making noise so the candy ass's of the state hear the peoples needs and part of those needs are to get law enforcement what they need so they can be effective.

Johnny Law

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
My Bias is MINE because i have lived it for almost 3 straight years. I know the diffrence between police action and being the police of the world. What i dont get is how the state can waste so much money yet put very little into the LEO's. I remember reading a story awhile back about how there is 1 officer for ever 150 people in the city of Tacoma. Now that dosnt seem fair to the cops nor to the people as TPD is very over worked.

So fighting with you is pointless, So i should be asking for help or maybe i am. IF the LEO's are getting shafted maybe we the people need to start making noise so the candy ass's of the state hear the peoples needs and part of those needs are to get law enforcement what they need so they can be effective.
150 people!....... try several thousand for every 1 Officer depending upon where it is.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
Ya sorry i ment 150,000 not 150 damn 0 key on my puter.

Population (year 2000): 193,556.

Estimated population in July 2006: 196,532 (+1.5% change)

So there's like 1.2 officers for the entire city?

joeroket

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
jarhead1055 wrote:
Ya sorry i ment 150,000 not 150 damn 0 key on my puter.

Population (year 2000): 193,556.

Estimated population in July 2006: 196,532 (+1.5% change)

So there's like 1.2 officers for the entire city?
So that's why Mainsail kept getting harassed by the sae one all the time.