• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lee Kay shooting trip TODAY!

ScottyT

imported post

Hey guys! I am heading over to Lee Kay right after work -- about 4 - 4:30 -- and will be there probably until 7 or 8. I will be feeding all 5 guns and would love some company!

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting me yet, I will be the tall, bearded guy in jeans and a camo shirt.

Anyone is welcome to shoot any of my guns, but bring your own ammo!

.45 ACP for my XD 45
12 Gauge (2.75" & 3") for the 28" Remington 870
.380 for the Kel Tec P3AT
7.62 x 54r for the Mosin Nagant M91/30! ($5-6/20 at patriot arms)
.22lr for a little pump action rifle

Hope to see some of you there!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
Hey guys! I am heading over to Lee Kay right after work -- about 4 - 4:30 -- and will be there probably until 7 or 8. I will be feeding all 5 guns and would love some company!

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting me yet, I will be the tall, bearded guy in jeans and a camo shirt.

Anyone is welcome to shoot any of my guns, but bring your own ammo!

.45 ACP for my XD 45
12 Gauge (2.75" & 3") for the 28" Remington 870
.380 for the Kel Tec P3AT
7.62 x 54r for the Mosin Nagant M91/30! ($5-6/20 at patriot arms)
.22lr for a little pump action rifle

Hope to see some of you there!

Sorry, I won't be there. They don't allow OCing there so that place is on my Boycott list

TJ

ScottyT

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Sorry, I won't be there. They don't allow OCing there so that place is on my Boycott list

TJ

That is lame and unfortunate that they prohibit OC -- it's a freakin' shooting range!!!

The price and proximity to the office really make Lee Kay the best option for me though... and if I am coming from work I am CC anyway...

UTOC-45-44

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
WTF? What did they say?

I was there 1 day too shoot with my wife and I was OCing as usual. The guy behind the counter saw that I was OCing and asked if I had a permit. I said "YES". He said "Cover it up cause we don't allow OCing here".:what:. I took my wife, guns and ammo and at that time went to Doug's instead. That was the LAST time I was there. Well over a year ago.

TJ

GeneticsDave

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
WTF? What did they say?

I was there 1 day too shoot with my wife and I was OCing as usual. The guy behind the counter saw that I was OCing and asked if I had a permit. I said "YES". He said "Cover it up cause we don't allow OCing here".:what:. I took my wife, guns and ammo and at that time went to Doug's instead. That was the LAST time I was there. Well over a year ago.

TJ
How can they say they when they are funded by the State? Aren't they a public facility and held accountable to the Uniform Law 76-10-500?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
WTF? What did they say?

TJ
How can they say they when they are funded by the State? Aren't they a public facility and held accountable to the Uniform Law 76-10-500?

I thought so too. But I didn't wanna argue at the time. Just wanted peace and quiet. EXCEPT for the bullets coming from the pistols and rifles.

TJ

UTOC-45-44

imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
WTF? What did they say?

TJ

Are they an ACTUAL State Entity ? If so I have to talk to them first and if no progress...I will bring down the PANCHO VILOS VENGANCE:lol:

TJ

GeneticsDave

imported post

I think I would have told the guy to shove it :X Well, maybe not. I bet it's just one ignorant range master - the kind of person that thinks that if your permit says "Concealed Firearm Permit" you HAVE to conceal it. Good thing I have the AG in my pocket to straighten people like that out :cool:

UTOC-45-44

imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
I think I would have told the guy to shove it :X Well, maybe not. I bet it's just one ignorant range master - the kind of person that thinks that if your permit says "Concealed Firearm Permit" you HAVE to conceal it. Good thing I have the AG in my pocket to straighten people like that out :cool:

Daum...you got 1 BIG pocket:what:. The AG fits in there:question::question::question::shock:....:lol:.

Just kiddin', you got the recording, right:question:

TJ

Outsider

imported post

You have to CC at a gun range? So everyone draws from their holster in the CC position? That is the craziest thing I've ever heard of!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Outsider wrote:
You have to CC at a gun range? So everyone draws from their holster in the CC position? That is the craziest thing I've ever heard of!

Actually. It your firearm CANNOT be holstered while at the Range. It has to be on the table when "cease fire" command.

They got some serious issues with their rules out there. But I guess it's their Range.

ScottyT

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Actually. It your firearm CANNOT be holstered while at the Range. It has to be on the table when "cease fire" command.

They got some serious issues with their rules out there. But I guess it's their Range.

No holstered firearms? Seriously? I guess that is because it is so much safer sitting on a table than being secured in a holster... :banghead:

Maybe this will be my first AND last time visiting Lee Kay. I already have some friends meeting me out there though, so too late now...

UTOC-45-44

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:

No holstered firearms? Seriously? I guess that is because it is so much safer sitting on a table than being secured in a holster... :banghead:

Maybe this will be my first AND last time visiting Lee Kay. I already have some friends meeting me out there though, so too late now...

Their procedures WILL drive you nuts. That's why I'd rather drive a few min outside of town where I can do my own shooting the way that I want it.

TJ

Francis Marion

imported post

I may take you up on that. I've been needing to take my Rem 700 out for a long time. I'll also bring my Kimber 1911 and plenty of ammo for both. I might take you up on that XD45 since FBMG is storing mine under their glass counter right now. It would be nice to see how one shoots before I fork out more than $500.

ScottyT

imported post

Francis Marion wrote:
I may take you up on that. I've been needing to take my Rem 700 out for a long time. I'll also bring my Kimber 1911 and plenty of ammo for both. I might take you up on that XD45 since FBMG is storing mine under their glass counter right now. It would be nice to see how one shoots before I fork out more than $500.

How perfect! I would love to shoot your Kimber! I have been thinking about a 1911 for a long time, but I haven't shot one in 5+ years! I hope you can make it out, my XD loves to get around... :?

Not sure if we will be hitting the handgun range or rifle range first, but I am a pretty big dude and hard to miss! I should be arriving at around 4:30 and staying till 7 or 8. Again, I will be wearing jeans and a camo shirt, and my big tupperware container "range bag" is pretty hard to miss!

We should have 3 Mosin Nagants and an AK (7.62x39), so if you can, swing by Patriot Arms, as they have $5/20 in both calibers!

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've shot there before, its quite a far way a way for me now.

I did like there rifle range, but yeah there rules were a bit much.

Outsider

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Outsider wrote:

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!?! Plese tell me you're kidding. I can't believe that... you can't holster? Why would anyone go there? I go to practice what I would do in real life, like pulling and firing and racking and whatever. WTF!?!?! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

thx997303

imported post

I'll just go out around Utah lake. Somewhere with a nice backstop and no range masters.

OoH! Almost forgot to ask, where is this place for ammo that is that cheap? FMJ? I need cheaper ammo for my Mosin and SKS.

Francis Marion

imported post

OK, the shoot was fun in spite of the prohibitions.

I showed up around 5:30 and Scotty was having fun shooting Zaytsev's rifle, a Mosin-Nagant. Perhaps we would have shot better if we had his scope too.

We got to the pistol range just in time for the last itteration. They shoot for 15 min then call a cease-fire to check targets. I started with my usual drills, some slow deliberate fire from the holster and was soon approached and told I couldn't fire from the holster :banghead:. So I moved on to some controlled pairs to test their patience with some rapid fire :p. No comments there, but I think they just knew I would be gone in 10 minutes.

Lee Kay may be all right for zeroing a rifle or some slow aimed fire with a .22 pistol to hit little circles, but anything remotely associated with combat/defensive shooting seems to be prohibited.