• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry of a firearm in washington state is 100%

Guest1650

imported post

almost gauranteed, we will.

And as long as we all remain compliant, and respectful, that little thing should pick up EVERY word from what ever LEO's show up.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Ok, to me this sounds like a bad incident waiting to happen. Phil, did you actually get the information on who these officers are?

I'm sending them an email as we speak, though again it's the end of the week. The problem is that the way these guys are chest thumping they WILL arrest people for open carry in Washington inside of Centralia. I sound like a whimp, but it may be best to hold off until we hit these guys with the actual training advisory. It sounds like they believe that they're under the old case and carry law. You see, Lewis County exempted themselves from Case and Carry, but Centralia probably did not. These guys are 11 years out of date on their legal knowledge and that's pretty dangerous. In fact, I'd say that they're at least 25 years out of date on their knowledge on loaded guns in cars.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Ok, to me this sounds like a bad incident waiting to happen.  Phil, did you actually get the information on who these officers are?

I'm sending them an email as we speak, though again it's the end of the week.  The problem is that the way these guys are chest thumping they WILL arrest people for open carry in Washington inside of Centralia.  I sound like a whimp, but it may be best to hold off until we hit these guys with the actual training advisory.

I need a new house Lonnie, maybe a trip to Centralia is a good idea?

:lol:

Guest1650

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Ok, to me this sounds like a bad incident waiting to happen. Phil, did you actually get the information on who these officers are?

I'm sending them an email as we speak, though again it's the end of the week. The problem is that the way these guys are chest thumping they WILL arrest people for open carry in Washington inside of Centralia. I sound like a whimp, but it may be best to hold off until we hit these guys with the actual training advisory. It sounds like they believe that they're under the old case and carry law. You see, Lewis County exempted themselves from Case and Carry, but Centralia probably did not. These guys are 11 years out of date on their legal knowledge and that's pretty dangerous. In fact, I'd say that they're at least 25 years out of date on their knowledge on loaded guns in cars.

Lonnie, I didnt get names, as i was just in a hurry to get the hell out of dodge, before they arrested me.

I agree it may be best to hold off. so as a last minute thing, i will propose a meet in olympia, instead.. this sunday. it makes it easier for the people wh are coming from tacoma,seattle to get there anyways.

I do however, understand that they are out of date, but i don't think emailing them, or even going back there will help. with the way these guy's handeled themselves they seem to be too set in their own ways. Nothing we say is going to make a difference..not on our behalfs anyways.

I only went there to see if there was ever a training bulliten to date, about OCing.. just as a little bit of re-con for what were up against this weekend, I did not however expect to be confronted the way i was, with the additude level i got,as well.

I understand that there are some places off limits to OC. but a city, or town in washington state is not one of them. I for one am completely done, If they want to be pricks about it.. let them be..they always win, anyways.

and in this case it's good guys VS. Good guys.. but they wear the badge. they in the end have the most amount of power, they don't seem to care about our rights.

heresolong

imported post

phil teters wrote:
I do however, understand that they are out of date, but i don't think emailing them, or even going back there will help. with the way these guy's handeled themselves they seem to be too set in their own ways. Nothing we say is going to make a difference..not on our behalfs anyways.
Actually emailing the Chief of Police with a copy to the Mayor and his City Attorney will often help. The police department works for the city and the COP is generally either elected or hired by the city. A letter with the appropriate citations and training bulletins will often accomplish wonders. Lonnie seems to have done this quite a bit and had great success in areas throughout the state.

compmanio365

imported post

I'm sorry, we didn't back down in the Tacoma incident......we went and had our lunch and nothing happened. I think it's the same thing here......we need to show up and make sure our message gets through loud and clear.......I am still willing to show on Sunday, at Centralia, as planned. It worked with Tacoma, it will work with Centralia.

I'm not worried about getting arrested, and if they want to just harass us, let them, it will all be on tape and then we will have even more complaints to file......either way, I will not be scared out of exercising my rights.......I think having lunch elsewhere sends the absolutely wrong message. We need to be resolute and have our lunch there in Centralia, bring the OC pamphlets, and have our voice recorders ready. If anything happens, we will be as prepared as we can be. I'm not worried.

heresolong

imported post

Sure wish I could go now. Unfortunately Centralia from Blaine is a little too much gas money and a little too much time.

Guest1650

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
I'm still game for Sunday. Someone make the call....

Okay. Sunday it is. Hopefully lonnie's email, or email(s) will reach someone by then.

centralia, country cousins. Noon30.

jarhead1911A

imported post

I REFUSE to go elsewere because some nazi cops want to be jerks. We decided on CENTRALIA so lets stay there. I am a fan of history and i dont remember the blacks hiding in corners for equal rights. Hell no they marched and because of there work blacks are free and have equal rights.

So no battle was ever won by turning tail and run and from a Marines prospective. I never in my life ran from a fight even if i couldnt win and i am sure as hell not going to start NOW!

Come to think of it i have been wanting a new Corvette and if CPD wants to be asshats then they can buy it for me....Make it black please........ lol Oh ya with the 6spd

If we can not even unite over a simple OC issue in Centralia how will we ever fix this messed up country? Stand fast gents we will get what we want and NO ONE is going to stop us.

Its amazing what can happen if people stand together and tell the nazi's NO you will NOT step on my rights or freedoms.

And if that doesnt work i will personally go piss on the cops seat in his car. Well if i am gunna go to jail anyway might as well make him remember me everytime it gets hot............

G27

imported post

I am just curious why you felt the need to check your gun in at the Sheriff's station to begin with. This may have already been covered but unless you were going to a restricted area you are more than within your legal right to carry in non-restricted areas.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I wish it was closer for me in Spokane, I'd come along too! I recommend TWO camcorders as well, just to record the meeting for prosperity, of course.

God speed, gentlemen!

uncoolperson

imported post

G27 wrote:
I am just curious why you felt the need to check your gun in at the Sheriff's station to begin with. This may have already been covered but unless you were going to a restricted area you are more than within your legal right to carry in non-restricted areas.
wouldn't walking through a metal detector make the area restricted?

Bear 45/70

imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
G27 wrote:
The law says only the jail area is restricted to carrying firearms so a metal detector at the front door would probably be illegal to start with. The cop broke the livin' hell out of the with his threats and lies. Color of law violation minimum.

Agent 47

imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
G27 wrote:
Areas that restrict the carry of firearms need to be posted as such.

maclean

imported post

RCW 9.41.300
Weapons prohibited in certain places — Local laws and ordinances — Exceptions — Penalty.
[/b]

*** CHANGE IN 2008 *** (SEE 6322-S.SL) ***

(1) It is unlawful for any person to enter the following places when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a weapon:

(a) The restricted access areas of a jail, or of a law enforcement facility, or any place used for the confinement of a person (i) arrested for, charged with, or convicted of an offense, (ii) held for extradition or as a material witness, or (iii) otherwise confined pursuant to an order of a court, except an order under chapter 13.32A or 13.34 RCW. Restricted access areas do not include common areas of egress or ingress open to the general public;

What that has been interpreted to mean is that a metal detector placed in front of the point at which access is restricted is legal.

I'm not familiar with the location you speak of. Could you describe it?