• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man shoots pitbull

bourneshooter

imported post

563 wrote:
bourneshooter wrote:
Did you get the SBR done on that P90 563?

Whats another tax stamp for that gun? Hush it up!
you mean the PS90, the P90's are the full auto's for military and LE, I wish it was a P90!

In 2 weeks, I'll be ordering the SBR's (2) and will order a 2nd PS90, with a M4-2000 can. so I can use it on my 22's (GSG-5), 223's, and the 5.7x28mm. Still waiting for my Evo 45 can!

they are coming out with a 100rd magazine for the PS90's soon!

I'm going on a spending spree next month!
Congrats. Spending spree before the dems get in is a good thing.

Sheldon

imported post

PT111 wrote:
In my daughters case the dog owner is fully liable for any and all damages done by their animal and no charges can be brought against her in court.
Sad to say it doesn't always work that way just like the Castle Doctrine and motorcycle accidents. Deson'treally do any good to argue your case to St. Peter that you were in the right.

In Mi our Castle doctrine has a clause thatneither the criminals or their family can bring charges or sue. If they manage to find a lawyer stupid enough to take the case they are responsible of all costs involved to both parties, as is the dog owner inmy daughterscase.

So in short yes they can take you to court, thatis if they are willing to loose and pay all court costs involved including your lawyer fees.

imported post

bourneshooter wrote

Bingo! gotta do this before changing of the guard happens next year.

whats your take on creating a site for us Idaho locals creating a website/forum for other local topics of interest, since this place is geared solely towards OC. (not trying to steal Opencarry.org thunder.

PT111

imported post

Sheldon wrote:
PT111 wrote:
In my daughters case the dog owner is fully liable for any and all damages done by their animal and no charges can be brought against her in court.
Sad to say it doesn't always work that way just like the Castle Doctrine and motorcycle accidents. Deson'treally do any good to argue your case to St. Peter that you were in the right.

In Mi our Castle doctrine has a clause thatneither the criminals or their family can bring charges or sue. If they manage to find a lawyer stupid enough to take the case they are responsible of all costs involved to both parties, as is the dog owner inmy daughterscase.

So in short yes they can take you to court, thatis if they are willing to loose and pay all court costs involved including your lawyer fees.
Just make sure you are completely in the right concerning these. When that stupid lawyer starts the grilling it will be up to you to prove your case no matter what the law says and you better hope the jury sees it the same way. It is no where near as cut and dried as everyone tries to make out like it is. The fellow that owned the cows in the case I told abolut thought he was in the right also.

Saint

imported post

563 wrote:
bourneshooter wrote

Bingo! gotta do this before changing of the guard happens next year.

whats your take on creating a site for us Idaho locals creating a website/forum for other local topics of interest, since this place is geared solely towards OC. (not trying to steal Opencarry.org thunder.
It is in the works. I need to talk to my roommate and see if he can potentially set something up for us. We also need to get an OC meet to happen soon so we can see about getting the Idaho Citizens Defense League up and running

Sheldon

imported post

PT111 wrote:
Sheldon wrote:
PT111 wrote:

Just make sure you are completely in the right concerning these. When that stupid lawyer starts the grilling it will be up to you to prove your case no matter what the law says and you better hope the jury sees it the same way. It is no where near as cut and dried as everyone tries to make out like it is. The fellow that owned the cows in the case I told abolut thought he was in the right also.

Oh is is already a done deal, police told them that under no uncertain terms that if they did not agree to full restitution they would be brought up on criminal charges. So it was a no brainier for them, pay up or go to jail.

So yes they could have contacted a layer and I in turn would have contacted the state police and they would have had to talk to two lawyers one for the suit and one to try and get out of jail time.

It's like I said Michigan takes their dog attacks very seriously with the dog owner being at fault, so if you want to let your dog run loose here you had better be ready to accept the liability.