• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How long does the state have to issue you a CPL?

maclean

imported post

bayfire66 wrote:
They are suppose to mail it to you.They had me fill out a envelope and put my adderess on it to mail it.Theres no reason they should make you pick it up in person.They are just trying to make it difficult for people is all.
They *may* mail it to you, there is no *supposed to* or *should* in the law.

Guest1650

imported post

bayfire66 wrote:
They are suppose to mail it to you.They had me fill out a envelope and put my adderess on it to mail it.Theres no reason they should make you pick it up in person.They are just trying to make it difficult for people is all.
tell that to lewis co. they told me' if you want the CPL. you need to come pick it up ,before 3'

ducttape2

imported post

This past Feb. Seattle told me to return in 30 days and I did. :lol:

I asked if I could come back sooner if my background cleared sooner, since I have to have one done ever 6-12 months for work, and I have never had any delays and absolutly no record other than some speeding & parkingtickets.

The lady just said its30 days.

It appears that Seattle is interpreting the maximum as the standard. I was not aware of any mail options, their website only gives you the option to go to the Public Records unit.

At least it gave me a chance to pick up copies of the police reports for the crash that some J#ck#sses causedinfrontof my house. The managed to do 8k in damage to myparked truck. Yes, the didn't have insurance :cuss::banghead:

bayfire66

imported post

well I applied at the snohomish county sheriff on may 5th for my late renewal and she told me it's 30 business days they have to get it to you.with the hoildays etc that would explain whyI have not recieved mine yet.But she said I should be getting mine this week they mailed a rash of them last week she said and they had alot of renewals this month .

just_a_car

imported post

I had a friend apply at Mill Creek PD (not the SnoCo Sheriff) back on the 5th of May and he just got his today after going in to get it. This was a new CPL, not a renewal.