• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How long does the state have to issue you a CPL?

CC27

imported post

I know this has been discussed before but I cant remember and cant find it. My Cousin went to get his in Seattle and they told him it would be 6 weeks. This seems kinda long. Also can you please provide the RCW? Thanks.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

CC27 wrote:
So I wonder if its 30 business days? That would explain the 6 weeks.
I believe Seattle will take as much time as they think they can get away with. I have heard all manner of stories out of Seattle.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Whats really bad is that they know within 10 minutes of you turning in your application whether you are going to get one or not. Thats how long the checks take. They could issue it right on the spot (and there are counties where that happens).

Any delay is strictly political.

Bear 45/70

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
CC27 wrote:
I believe Seattle will take as much time as they think they can get away with. I have heard all manner of stories out of Seattle.
The law does not say business days. It say 30 days and they must issue in that time frame.

maclean

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
CC27 wrote:
The law does not say business days. It say 30 days and they must issue in that time frame.

Bear is correct.

Damn, that almost hurt to say ;)

Bear 45/70

imported post

maclean wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
CC27 wrote:

Bear is correct.

Damn, that almost hurt to say ;)
RoflLg.gif

Bobarino

imported post

it took me all of 30 minutes to get mine. filled out the app and paid. went upstairs to be fingerprinted, when i got back downstairs, my license was waiting for me. this was the at the Tacoma/city Building at 930 Tacoma ave. in (duh) Tacoma. they seemed quite pleased to issue the permit too.

when i reapplied at the Puyallup Police Dept at 202 W. Pioneer, it took 8 days from re-app to license in my mailbox.

i'd advise going directly to the main Sheriff's office or Police dept in your town where they actually print and mail the license if at all possible. my first time in Tacoma it was literally a 35 minute process. the way it should be. :celebrate

Bobby

bayfire66

imported post

Don't feel badI still haven't got mine yet my was a late renewal in snohomish county.may 5th I renewed and still have not got mine.I have had a cpl since 89 this the longest it have ever taken me I'm getting a little pissed off.

Roy Hobbs

imported post

Iapplied in Seattle on April 18, and was told that it would be ready on May 19 (a Monday). Aside from the fact that I had to pick it up in person, and they wouldn't mail it to me, I had no issues.

But they did wait the full 30 days.

bayfire66

imported post

They are suppose to mail it to you.They had me fill out a envelope and put my adderess on it to mail it.Theres no reason they should make you pick it up in person.They are just trying to make it difficult for people is all.

Izzle

imported post

ya got mine in about 10 days from the kittitas sheriff but thats because the person to do the fingure printing is only there once a week