• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lapeer County Concealed Weapons Board

DavinWest1911

imported post

Hey everyone I just had a question.....I submitted my application for my ccw andrecieved my date to appear before the weapons board....I was wondering if anyone else had gone through this? any info on what will be discussed, what I should say, etc would be wonderful!

thank you all!

Davin :D

WARCHILD

imported post

DavinWest1911 wrote:
Hey everyone I just had a question.....I submitted my application for my ccw andrecieved my date to appear before the weapons board....I was wondering if anyone else had gone through this? any info on what will be discussed, what I should say, etc would be wonderful!

thank you all!

Davin :D

Never heard of it. When I got my letter for my CPL, I just went to the county clerks office and filled out the paperwork, waited for an hour while they printed the license and put my little picture on it and away I went. :celebrate

I haven't heard of anyone having to go to a gun board. News to me.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Sounds like you had some issue come up in your record or something.

No way for us to comment on the subject as we don't know what the issue is.

The only thing I can say is be honest and good luck.

adam40cal

imported post

I had to go in front of a Saginaw County weapons board it was no big deal, they simply ask me to state 3 place I can't carry a concealed weapon, my name and where I worked I wasn't in there 5 minutes. In Saginaw country you go in front of the gun board basicly so they know the person getting the permit is you and not someone else. You have nothing to worry about Michigan is a shall issue state, and you went through all the classes.

WARCHILD

imported post

Adam: This surprises me. I've never heard of anyone going in front of a board. I love this forum. Don't know something, ask. and someone WILL find you an answer.

Leader

imported post

In Livingston county, EVERYONE has to take a day off work to go before the board.

Your permit has already been issued it's just another hoop to show who has the POWER. Walk in answer some questions that don't mean a thing & they hand you your license. 5 Min. tops. (after sitting in the waiting area for 1/2 hr.)

Rogue9er

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Leader wrote:
In Livingston county, EVERYONE has to take a day off work to go before the board.

Your permit has already been issued it's just another hoop to show who has the POWER. Walk in answer some questions that don't mean a thing & they hand you your license. 5 Min. tops. (after sitting in the waiting area for 1/2 hr.)
Mine's coming up fast in Liv county. I was wondering what'd they'd do.

Leader

imported post

Rogue9er wrote:
Do you really get the license right after the hearing? In that case, I'll have my CPL in record time.
Its not a "hearing", its just that you have to go to the board to pick it up. Yes, they hand it to you at the interview.

DavinWest1911

imported post

Hey all! I went before the Lapeer county gun board this morning. It really wasnt much, just a few questions asked to make sure we understood the law and where we can and cant carry our weapons. maybe 15 mins total. not to bad, everyone was nice and respectful, and they told us to go the magistrates office and they printed our licenses and laminated them for $1 if we wanted.

it is a great feeling though :)