• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SUNDAYCENTRALIA MEET CANCELLED

Guest1650

imported post

after today's interacting with the lewis co. sheriffs department, and two officers I will not be able to host an OC meet here in lewis co.

I am currently seeking legal action, as i was told that Open carry is Illegal, and that we would all be arrested.

It is my opinion that having this meet here in town would only worsen our chances to educate the public, and all of washington state. as it would only make matters worse.

I am fully aware of the laws and especially the ones that go on to explain that open carry is NOT illegal. Come monday, i will know more about this issue, and keep you all updated.

Given todays events, I think that an oc meet in OLYMPIA<thurston co. would be the best option and route to go here.

I know that it is very short notice. But please let me know if you are still interested. otherwise. chalk this up for a loss on ourside. As now knowing this information, and then acting against it anyways would only result in further confrontation.

I'm doing this as I fear for the safety of the group, given the reaction by deputies

[suB]I can meet at 'old school pizza' in olympia at the very same time. as planned 12:00 if you can make it. ill be there.Ocing, as always.[/suB]

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

That sucks, but probably for the best. So much out and out hostility from people who should know better.

That said, I will be working and can't make this:(

Have fun!

Guest1650

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
That sucks, but probably for the best. So much out and out hostility from people who should know better.

That said, I will be working and can't make this:(

Have fun!
The price you pay for being a good guy :cuss:

Guest1650

imported post

I am still going shooting, after olympia. as planned. who ever wants to come, is more than welcome!come on out bear.

compmanio365

imported post

Dude, what the hell? Can you make up your mind? Nobody is going to get arrested.....Tacoma PD said the same shit before we went to the Tacoma barbeque right in the offending officers' back yard, and NOTHING HAPPENED.......they know they can scare you, so that is what they are doing.......let us come and help back you up with your troubles and make a show of support. You gain nothing by backing out of this, letting them know they can push you around and you won't stand up for yourself. You don't appease the school bully by giving him your lunch money, you don't give in to bullies with a badge either when you know you are in the right......

Just my two cents, for whatever it's worth........if you want our help, we will be there; if not, then........I don't know what to tell you, cause getting headway, one man against the county, might prove hard without any kind of backing.......

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Dude, what the hell? Can you make up your mind? Nobody is going to get arrested.....Tacoma PD said the same shit before we went to the Tacoma barbeque right in the offending officers' back yard, and NOTHING HAPPENED.......they know they can scare you, so that is what they are doing.......let us come and help back you up with your troubles and make a show of support. You gain nothing by backing out of this, letting them know they can push you around and you won't stand up for yourself. You don't appease the school bully by giving him your lunch money, you don't give in to bullies with a badge either when you know you are in the right......

Just my two cents, for whatever it's worth........if you want our help, we will be there; if not, then........I don't know what to tell you, cause getting headway, one man against the county, might prove hard without any kind of backing.......
I was talking with Phil about this. He has his own personal reasons for being very careful about stuff.

He was asking me about attornies and the law and whatnot.

Long and the short of it from our conversation is that he prefers to avoid possible trouble, and work this from a different angle. I won't share details, but he is genuinely worried for his mil job, and I don't blame him.

Let's cut the poor guy some slack. I've talked with him a bit, and he has decided on his own to move the meet to a "safer place" and send off some nasty letters.

Let him move at his own pace eh?

t3rmin

imported post

Well shucks, I was looking forward to it.

So what's the new plan?

Guest1650

imported post

matt are you by your phone now, It would be alot better if i could call you directly, righ tnow. about this.. help me come to a decision.

t3rmin

imported post

I'm still in Spokane, but you can call my cell 520-0746.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I've gotten a bit of criticism for this but I think phil is making the right decision here. By the time we got word of a problem in Tacoma, myself and Workman were able to make contact with Tacoma Police for a few days before the Tacoma July meet in response to what happened with Mainsail. This situation occurred on a Friday afternoon, before I could make any sort of contact with any shift commanders or anyone. I sent an email to the general sheriff's desk but I have no idea if it'll be read before Monday morning.

I'm sorry to say that the Lewis County situation is a bit different than Tacoma. A lot of these rural counties think that they can make their own rules because no one seems to pay attention to their abuses like they do in the Seattle metro area.

I promise all of you that I will be working with others (including hopefully sv_libertarian and Dave Workman) to try to get this situation turned around.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
I've gotten a bit of criticism for this but I think phil is making the right decision here. By the time we got word of a problem in Tacoma, myself and Workman were able to make contact with Tacoma Police for a few days before the Tacoma July meet in response to what happened with Mainsail. This situation occurred on a Friday afternoon, before I could make any sort of contact with any shift commanders or anyone. I sent an email to the general sheriff's desk but I have no idea if it'll be read before Monday morning.

I'm sorry to say that the Lewis County situation is a bit different than Tacoma. A lot of these rural counties think that they can make their own rules because no one seems to pay attention to their abuses like they do in the Seattle metro area.

I promise all of you that I will be working with others (including hopefully sv_libertarian and Dave Workman) to try to get this situation turned around.
I've talked with Phil and we have a game plan and are meeting Monday to talk. Will work from there. Needless to say I refered him to a good attorney :)

This whole thing seemed too risky to keep going in Centralia.
Besides Old School Pizza rocks! :p

t3rmin

imported post

I support postponing the meet, but obviously not backing down. We WILL win this in the long term. Working at it from the back end with less confrontation is preferable.

Besides, there's always time for confrontation later if we exhaust all other avenues. Maybe we could still shoot for the "official" meet at the end of the month, after we've worked for the next 3 to 4 weeks from the back end?

Please let me know what I can do to help. I'm happy to chime in with a tactful letter of my own, or hold my tongue, whatever the more experienced folks think is best.

Decoligny

imported post

phil teters wrote:
chalk this up for a loss on ourside.

No, this is not a loss, this is the enemy identifying itself and blatantly showing its weak points. This is not a loss, this is an opportunity to take full advantage of the situation and prove these idiots wrong.

Go with whatever plan you have in the works, legal action, letters, training bulletins, whatever, but this is definitely not a loss.

Guest1650

imported post

myself,Sv, Lonnie, and a few others, will be working on this. as soon as we get some sort of resolution, well let everyone know. but for now.. were just going to have to deal with OLDSCHOOL, on sunday at noon.

Machoduck

imported post

Old School. Sunday. Noon. Got it.

I'm very much in favor of doing things this way. Plan your work and work your plan, says the old bull, and I'm an old bull...or duck...whatever.

MD

heresolong

imported post

Actually this works out quite nicely for me. Since I will no longer be teaching the little monsters after June 13 I will have more time on my hands and would probably be interested in a nice long motorcycle ride to have lunch with some friends. Count me in if the weather is nice.

dlnwoody

imported post

Phil, seeing your changing the location can you give us lakewood guy directions. Sorry you had to change locations. I agree you don't need to get in trouble before your deployment. Still count me in for 2 for lunch. Were are we planning on shooting at now.