• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why Carry at Home?

John

imported post

I love the one where the woman officer says, "don't take things into your own hands. Call us. That's what we're here for."

Yeah, right!

Better to face a jury than a pine box. Shoot them dead.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I carry at home for the same reason that I carry when I go out.
It's the voices that I keep hearing and the pain in my head - they won't stop! :lol:

Yata hey

Deanimator

imported post

John wrote:
I love the one where the woman officer says, "don't take things into your own hands. Call us. That's what we're here for."
Technically, that's what we call a "LIE". Police have no duty to protect individuals. They have no legal liability if they fail to protect individuals, except in VERY limited circumstances, NONE of which you're likely to find yourself in.

More importantly, even in jurisdictions with conscientious police forces, police have virtually no ABILITY to protect individuals in immediate danger of life and limb. My godsister's boyfriend stabbed her to death. I don't know if she managed to call the Chicago PD before he did. I doubt it would have made one iota of difference, even assuming that 911 AND the responding officers cared AND did their jobs with reasonable efficiency. 911's a communications system of variable efficiency, NOT a matter transmitter.

In most cases, protect yourself or don't get protected at all.

Deanimator

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
John wrote:
Snipped....

Better to face a jury than a pine box. Shoot them dead.
Ryan must feel the same way...
He probably does. He'd probably feel even moreso if he were smart enough not to possess or use drugs, even in miniscule quantities.

Do you think he wishes it HADN'T been the police, but instead home invaders AND that he HADN'T shot?

What do you win if you assume anyone who kicks in your door is the cops and you get maimed or killed by home invaders?

curtm1911

imported post

KICK MY DOOR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, YOU BETTER BELIEVE IN JESUS, BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO MEET HIM, AND HE IS GONNA BE PISSED AT YOUR ACTIONS!!!

curtm1911

imported post

Sorry, I got carried away with my last post (not really) but the simple answer is "It is better to have and not need, than to need and not have". Boy Scout Motto: "Be Prepared".

Nuff said.

My Motto: Hope for the best, Expect the worst, All Else is gravy. Any Questions?

Attachments

• M1A NHM 90  1.JPG
    M1A NHM 90 1.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 259

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

truely guys... pistols are poor choices for home defense. Go get s shotgun for late night visitors who whish to become quickly ventilated.

25077.jpg
'

Mine holds 7 rounds of 00-Buck :celebrate

curtm1911

imported post

And mine,unless they have REAL GOOD VESTS, perforate them nicely. Remember, JBT's wear vests and enter through "The Verticle Coffin", BANG BANG BANG, JUST LKE DOMINOES, then the stand-off begins. Just the way it will be. Of course, expect the worst when/if/should it happen to you. Just speaking it like it will be. The most frightening words in the English language are; "We are from the Government, and we are here to help you". YEAH RIGHT!!!!