Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Ya'll so funny about OC! hahahaha

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    For goodness sakes ya'll, I just arrivd at this fourum and all I see on the state pages are stories about people open carrying for the fist time and how cool it is and how excited they are and where can they do it next.

    HUH?

    In Idaho I drive everyday with either a loaded ak-47 or HK-93 (40rnd mag ..of course) next to me in the seat, a Glock 38 on my hip and four or five other guns scattered around the truck.

    I normally CC in town unless I see out of state plates, especially from CA or Canadians, then I casually take off my covering as I get out of the truck just to freak em out, it's very funny.

    I was planning to take a trip east to see some sights and I got here to find out about continuing my usual routine from Idaho in other states like TENN and KEN as well as others. It seems that in TENN you cant have a loaded long gun? WTF is wrong with the backwoods hillbilies?:what::what::what:

    I thought I was in hilllbilly hell here in Idaho, but crabnabbit how in the world did you loose the right to open carry long guns, and you have an ammo tax? Again, what gives, I thought the eastern hills were plenty free but I suppose I's was wrong, eh?

    Any comments.......oh, and we dont lock trucks here since we's got tractors and bags of lye for gun thieves out in the old west. In fact its almost a mortal sin to loan a vehicle to a friend that dont come with a long gun in the rack and loaded, ready to go.:celebrate:celebrate

  2. #2
    Regular Member WARCHILD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Corunna, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,772

    Post imported post

    47 wrote:
    For goodness sakes ya'll, I just arrivd at this fourum and all I see on the state pages are stories about people open carrying for the fist time and how cool it is and how excited they are and where can they do it next.

    HUH?

    In Idaho I drive everyday with either a loaded ak-47 or HK-93 (40rnd mag ..of course) next to me in the seat, a Glock 38 on my hip and four or five other guns scattered around the truck.

    I normally CC in town unless I see out of state plates, especially from CA or Canadians, then I casually take off my covering as I get out of the truck just to freak em out, it's very funny.

    I was planning to take a trip east to see some sights and I got here to find out about continuing my usual routine from Idaho in other states like TENN and KEN as well as others. It seems that in TENN you cant have a loaded long gun? WTF is wrong with the backwoods hillbilies?:what::what::what:

    I thought I was in hilllbilly hell here in Idaho, but crabnabbit how in the world did you loose the right to open carry long guns, and you have an ammo tax? Again, what gives, I thought the eastern hills were plenty free but I suppose I's was wrong, eh?

    Any comments.......oh, and we dont lock trucks here since we's got tractors and bags of lye for gun thieves out in the old west. In fact its almost a mortal sin to loan a vehicle to a friend that dont come with a long gun in the rack and loaded, ready to go.:celebrate:celebrate
    First off, welcome to OCDO 47: I see a comparison of excitement in your post(I put them in bold). Yes we get excited. After being denied the right to carry without so many restrictions, and waiting for the chance to do something you seem to already take for granted, yes we definately get excited. Don't take this comment as a slam, it's good that it is an everyday habit with you and others in your state and I am glad you have the right to do so. I wish it were as common and accepted here in Mich. Enjoy what you have and be glad and support those of us still struggling to obtain the same rights.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    914

    Post imported post

    47 wrote:
    For goodness sakes ya'll, I just arrivd at this fourum and all I see on the state pages are stories about people open carrying for the fist time and how cool it is and how excited they are and where can they do it next.

    HUH?

    In Idaho I drive everyday with either a loaded ak-47 or HK-93 (40rnd mag ..of course) next to me in the seat, a Glock 38 on my hip and four or five other guns scattered around the truck.

    I normally CC in town unless I see out of state plates, especially from CA or Canadians, then I casually take off my covering as I get out of the truck just to freak em out, it's very funny.

    I was planning to take a trip east to see some sights and I got here to find out about continuing my usual routine from Idaho in other states like TENN and KEN as well as others. It seems that in TENN you cant have a loaded long gun? WTF is wrong with the backwoods hillbilies?:what::what::what:

    I thought I was in hilllbilly hell here in Idaho, but crabnabbit how in the world did you loose the right to open carry long guns, and you have an ammo tax? Again, what gives, I thought the eastern hills were plenty free but I suppose I's was wrong, eh?

    Any comments.......oh, and we dont lock trucks here since we's got tractors and bags of lye for gun thieves out in the old west. In fact its almost a mortal sin to loan a vehicle to a friend that dont come with a long gun in the rack and loaded, ready to go.:celebrate:celebrate

    DRUGS R BAD MMMM'KAY!

  4. #4
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,713

    Post imported post

    Also, be careful in NV with loaded long guns. In NV if you are in a vehicle and the chamber is loadedfor your rifleyou are breaking the law. But feel free to have a loaded magazine inserted, just don't chamber a round. Pistols are okay. They can be loaded and ready to go in your vehicle with a chambered round. Its some law thathides hunting section of the Nevada Revised Statutes. Sounds good having so many guns near by, but keep a watch on that truck. It'd be sad for someone to bust in and steal your precious valuables.

    Welcome to the forum, but don't berate people for giddiness in exercising our constitutional rights.Warchild has a good summation of why people get excited. Also, when OCing you are actively defying a large portion of society whichhas a negative stigma for firearms.

  5. #5
    Regular Member VAopencarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The 'Dena, Mаяуlaпd
    Posts
    2,147

    Post imported post

    I guess you didn't read the Idaho section.....

    I will say you are unique among most members here. We do not OC to scare people, quite the opposite actually.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morgan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Post imported post

    VAopencarry wrote:
    I guess you didn't read the Idaho section.....

    I will say you are unique among most members here. We do not OC to scare people, quite the opposite actually.
    I agree. That IS disorderly conduct according toUTAH Law, but may or may not be the definition according to where you are.









    76-9-102. Disorderly conduct.
    (1) A person is guilty of disorderly conduct if:
    (a) he refuses to comply with the lawful order of the police to move from a public place, or knowingly creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition, by any act which serves no legitimate purpose; or
    (b) intending to cause public inconvenience, annoyance, or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, he:
    (i) engages in fighting or in violent, tumultuous, or threatening behavior;
    (ii) makes unreasonable noises in a public place;
    (iii) makes unreasonable noises in a private place which can be heard in a public place; or
    (iv) obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic.
    (2) "Public place," for the purpose of this section, means any place to which the public or a substantial group of the public has access and includes but is not limited to streets, highways, and the common areas of schools, hospitals, apartment houses, office buildings, transport facilities, and shops.
    (3) Disorderly conduct is a class C misdemeanor if the offense continues after a request by a person to desist. Otherwise it is an infraction.


    Amended by Chapter 20, 1999 General Session
    Download Code Section Zipped WordPerfect 76_09_010200.ZIP 2,207 Bytes


    [line]

    Sections in this Chapter|Chapters in this Title|All Titles|Legislative Home Page


    Last revised: Thursday, May 01, 2008




    TJ

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    914

    Post imported post

    good thing this does not apply to lawful carry of a firearm anymore than it would to public display of a circus clown...

    NRS 203.010 Breach of peace. Every person who shall maliciously and willfully disturb the peace or quiet of any neighborhood or person or family by loud or unusual noises, or by tumultuous and offensive conduct, threatening, traducing, quarreling, challenging to fight, or fighting, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor. [1911 C&P § 327; RL § 6592; NCL § 10275]—(NRS A 1967, 489; 1971, 150)


  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morgan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Post imported post

    Wel..., tell that to the Cop that is trying to investigate me for PEACEABLY carrying a firearm. He is trying to get me for DISORDERLY CONDUCT (76-9-102)AND get a LOAD of this...trying to say that I am in VIOLATION of Open Carrying a firearm while having a CCW + ( and this IS funny) He told me that I am NOT exempt to carry a loaded firarm IF I even would OC:what:as apermit holder:what:.I told him 77-10-505 and he just laughed at me kinda.

    I KNOW.....

    Can I just say Title 77-10-505 and 77-10-523.

    TJ

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    914

    Post imported post

    I'm still expecting a bad encounter by an LEO, even though EVERY cop I've encountered while OCing in Vegas has done less than jack-**** to me. A smile, and nod, and a Howdy are not sarcastic or suspicious IMHO... and yes, they know damn well I'm carrying just as much (if not more) gear than them.

    I carry this bag:

    FULL of medical gear and less-than-lethal gear... though I also do volenteer work for the American Red Cross on weekends.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    VAopencarry wrote:
    I guess you didn't read the Idaho section.....

    I will say you are unique among most members here. We do not OC to scare people, quite the opposite actually.
    I agree. That IS disorderly conduct according toUTAH Law, but may or may not be the definition according to where you are.

    FUNNY! I guess I've never ben worries about offending anyone here, also how could I be guilty of disorderly conduct since there is no way for anyone to know my intent by taking my cover appaerl off at any point, anywhere. Its legal to OC and CC here. The thought Police would have to be around I suppose to read my mind. I make apoin to OC around outsiders (CA et cetera) my sidearm when possible so they either will move here knowing what this free state is about or leave and never come back or move here, we dont need libs here anyway.

    I always carry a loaded mag in the long gun but never with a round in the chamber, safer////

    Anyway, glad to see ya'll is giddy bout yur rights n' stuff..........oh, I have a question....oh, I'll post it as a new topic....







  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morgan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Post imported post

    47 wrote:
    UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    VAopencarry wrote:
    I guess you didn't read the Idaho section.....

    I will say you are unique among most members here. We do not OC to scare people, quite the opposite actually.
    I agree. That IS disorderly conduct according toUTAH Law, but may or may not be the definition according to where you are.

    FUNNY! I guess I've never ben worries about offending anyone here, also how could I be guilty of disorderly conduct since there is no way for anyone to know my intent by taking my cover appaerl off at any point, anywhere. Its legal to OC and CC here. The thought Police would have to be around I suppose to read my mind. I make apoin to OC around outsiders (CA et cetera) my sidearm when possible so they either will move here knowing what this free state is about or leave and never come back or move here, we dont need libs here anyway.

    I always carry a loaded mag in the long gun but never with a round in the chamber, safer////

    Anyway, glad to see ya'll is giddy bout yur rights n' stuff..........oh, I have a question....oh, I'll post it as a new topic....






    Here you are in "your" enviroment so to speak. BUT he (the OP) stated the followoing "I normally CC in town unless I see out of state plates, especially from CA or Canadians, then I casually take off my covering as I get out of the truck just to freak em out, it's very funny."

    And that IS "(b) intending to cause public inconvenience, annoyance, or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof"

    Please correct me if I am wrong.

    BUT this is according to UTAH and may NOT be according to the State of the OP

    TJ




  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    You keep citing that silly law, but you dont understand that NOBODY would know my intent unless I TOLD THEM? You're a dense one arent you? Taking off my cover and going from CC to OC dose not constitue what you are saying it does. Me yelling...look here out of towner a my big gun, would of course,.......whatever

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    47 wrote:
    You keep citing that silly law, but you dont understand that NOBODY would know my intent unless I TOLD THEM? You're a dense one arent you? Taking off my cover and going from CC to OC dose not constitue what you are saying it does. Me yelling...look here out of towner a my big gun, would of course,.......whatever
    IMHO, the law the "dense one" cites/mentions should not be taken humorously. A reasonable person knows when he or she is being intimidated, especially, when an unreasonable person is shoving a firearm in their face, so to speak.

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    No longer in Alexandria, Egypt
    Posts
    2,798

    Post imported post

    47 wrote:
    You keep citing that silly law, but you dont understand that NOBODY would know my intent unless I TOLD THEM? ....[SNIP]
    Well, you just DID just tell the whole damn internet that you do it just to "freak em out", so there's your motive and intent to intimidate:

    47 wrote:
    I normally CC in town unless I see out of state plates, especially from CA or Canadians, then I casually take off my covering as I get out of the truck just to freak em out, it's very funny.


    And I'd seriously consider reasearching the 18 USC § 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms (http://law.onecle.com/uscode/18/926A.html) before heading across country in your truck loaded with:

    ...either a loaded ak-47 or HK-93 (40rnd mag ..of course) next to me in the seat, a Glock 38 on my hip and four or five other guns scattered around the truck....



    Ya'll so funny about obeying the law! hahahaha....

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington, USA
    Posts
    599

    Post imported post

    by reading this I just worry sometime someone might just get hurt

  16. #16
    Regular Member WARCHILD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Corunna, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,772

    Post imported post

    Alwayspacking wrote:
    by reading this I just worry sometime someone might just get hurt
    I agree. That's why we discourage this type of actions when we carry. The majority of the time, the reactions you get are based on how you present yourself when carrying. Exposure with the sole purpose of intimidation or "showing off" only fuels the anti's case against ANY type of carry. This type of action will fuel a negative response from an LEO in a short time if witnessed by him or responds to a 911 call on the issue. And of course these type of individuals will be the first to slam the public / LEO, for harassment of a supposed legally carrying person. Unfortuneately, these type of events are hot topics in the media, but little or no coverage about the good that armed individuals have done not only for themselves and family but the general public as a whole.Too bad, GOOD things aren't "NEWS WORTHY".

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Posts
    111

    Post imported post

    I guess no one here has had even the slightest internal chuckle when the uninformed go...
    :what:

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    674

    Post imported post

    lax wrote:
    I guess no one here has had even the slightest internal chuckle when the uninformed go...
    :what:
    There's a difference between chuckling when a kid falls off his bicycle, and throwing a stick in his spokes so he goes flying.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    37

    Post imported post

    The troll factor is going up here. :?

    That LA Times article open us up to a lot of visibility.

  20. #20
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    No longer in Alexandria, Egypt
    Posts
    2,798

    Post imported post

    schizrade wrote:
    The troll factor is going up here. :?

    That LA Times article open us up to a lot of visibility.
    Not to worry, we're on watch with the "DELETE" button at the ready!

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    37

    Post imported post

    BobCav wrote:
    schizrade wrote:
    The troll factor is going up here. :?

    That LA Times article open us up to a lot of visibility.
    Not to worry, we're on watch with the "DELETE" button at the ready!
    Hey you miss Reno yet?

  22. #22
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cottonwood Heights, Utah, USA
    Posts
    545

    Post imported post

    Wait wait wait...

    Is this the return of the "Mall Ninja"?

    Seriously Mall Ninja was Gecko 45
    OC Ninja is 47
    Riddled with spelling errors

    It's a stretch, but it's possible!

    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate


    47 Wrote:

    For goodness sakes ya'll, I just arrivd at this fourum and all I see on the state pages are stories about people open carrying for the fist time and how cool it is and how excited they are and where can they do it next.

    HUH?

    In Idaho I drive everyday with either a loaded ak-47 or HK-93 (40rnd mag ..of course) next to me in the seat, a Glock 38 on my hip and four or five other guns scattered around the truck.

    I normally CC in town unless I see out of state plates, especially from CA or Canadians, then I casually take off my covering as I get out of the truck just to freak em out, it's very funny.

    I was planning to take a trip east to see some sights and I got here to find out about continuing my usual routine from Idaho in other states like TENN and KEN as well as others. It seems that in TENN you cant have a loaded long gun? WTF is wrong with the backwoods hillbilies?:what::what::what:

    I thought I was in hilllbilly hell here in Idaho, but crabnabbit how in the world did you loose the right to open carry long guns, and you have an ammo tax? Again, what gives, I thought the eastern hills were plenty free but I suppose I's was wrong, eh?

    Any comments.......oh, and we dont lock trucks here since we's got tractors and bags of lye for gun thieves out in the old west. In fact its almost a mortal sin to loan a vehicle to a friend that dont come with a long gun in the rack and loaded, ready to go.:celebrate:celebrate

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    37

    Post imported post

    jaredbelch wrote:
    Wait wait wait...

    Is this the return of the "Mall Ninja"?

    Seriously Mall Ninja was Gecko 45
    OC Ninja is 47
    Riddled with spelling errors

    It's a stretch, but it's possible!

    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate


    Not far from it.

  24. #24
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cottonwood Heights, Utah, USA
    Posts
    545

    Post imported post

    I just started reading some of 47's other posts, and am even more convinced...

    Also sadly I wasn't the first to point out the connection to him being the OC Ninja

    Bravo_Sierra beat me to it.
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum7/11417.html

  25. #25
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    No longer in Alexandria, Egypt
    Posts
    2,798

    Post imported post

    schizrade wrote:
    BobCav wrote:
    schizrade wrote:
    The troll factor is going up here. :?

    That LA Times article open us up to a lot of visibility.
    Not to worry, we're on watch with the "DELETE" button at the ready!
    Hey you miss Reno yet?
    I do actually. It's cold and rainy here...blech, but it's beautiful country.

    Can't tell if anyone's the same anymore, no more IP access

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •