• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC/CC Federal Property

WARCHILD

imported post

I have another question guys: I was planning on going to the cemetary to see my brother, but I realized it is the Veteran's Memorial Cemetary near Holly. Now given the laws against carry on Federal property, am I allowed to carry in such places as i.e. VA cemetary, hall, etc. Or does it prohibit on ALL Federal property?

ghostrider

imported post

I don't believe you can carry at the VA. Don't know the law so don't quote me on that. I did read a thread last year from a guy who got caught with ammo in his pocket and they searched his car finding his gun.

Don't know what the laws say though.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
I have another question guys: I was planning on going to the cemetary to see my brother, but I realized it is the Veteran's Memorial Cemetary near Holly. Now given the laws against carry on Federal property, am I allowed to carry in such places as i.e. VA cemetary, hall, etc. Or does it prohibit on ALL Federal property?

I know Jerry, it's a little late for this post but....

http://vlex.com/vid/19775619

In pertinent part;

(13) Weapons and explosives. No person while on property shall carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, except for official purposes.

There's that "...except for offical purposes" thing again.:cuss:

WARCHILD

imported post

Springer: Thanks for your efforts. I opted for safe instead of citation. I left it at home just in case. I do appreciate you research. It answered my question.

Thanks, Jerry