• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry new to me

aikidoka

imported post

And I'm a noob to the forum :)

I used to carry before I hurt my back several years ago. Now that I'm ok, once I get my car on the road I'll practice at the range and apply for the lifetime LTC.

When I did carry I always did so concealed. That open carry is allowed by the state is a bit new to me and has me thinking. Rather than IWB and tuckable, perhaps OWB sport coat or other cover garment is sufficient?

Of course then I would have to spend more money on a sweet leather holster ;-)

aikidoka

imported post

Thanks for the welcome,

I currently have a walther ppk/s stainless steel with palm swell wood handgrips that I added. That's the gun I carried. I also have a makarov, but havent carried that yet. I used the Defender belly band, which worked pretty good.

Since I posted I just ordered (today actually) a tucker hf1 that was in stock, for a 3" 1911. I plan to get the para ordnance warthog hopefully by the end of next month or when the work bonus comes through. I was rather happy to see that they had a holster that would fit, that was black and had some other nice options added AND in stock. I should have it in a couple days. whoo hoo! Now the belt, mag holder etc. etc. etc. lol

I'll probably also go with the tucker answer with velcro clips, for when I must tuck. I like the soft side on the back feature and the spacers at the clip mounting points. Nicely thought out details that help ease the time one has to wait.

My thinking with Indiana not caring about how one carries has me wondering if my previous concern with carrying owb and printing/flashing wasn't entirely necessary, at least in this state.

Plus, having a nice leather rig that doesnt show at all seems a bit of a shame ;)