Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Gun Club / Range in Loudoun-- Zoning Hearing on Jun 9 -- NEED LARGE NUMBERS TO ATTEND!!

Post imported post

Lifted from another forum:

For those of your not on VCDL CA-ALERT distro... I just emailed this to Phillip...

=================
    I wanted to give you and the rest of our fellow 2nd amendment supporters in the NoVA region that there will be zoning / permit hearing for the Beuamede Gun Club on June 9, 6:00 pm in the Board of Supervisors Meeting Room on 1 Harrison Street, Leesburg.

The Beuamede Gun Club location will on Beuamede Circle, just off of the Loudoun County Parkway in Ashburn.

As all of us in Eastern Loudoun and north eastern Fairfax know, we desperately need a new local range. Currently most of us "near the river" and in-around eastern Loudoun have to commute to either the NRA or Blue Ridge Arsenal in Fairfax; both fine ranges but they are often busy and in NoVA traffic often a 30 minute or longer drive. The Beuamede location is perfect.

It will be situated in the industrial park near Old Dominion Brewery and the WO&D Regional Park. Its Ashburn location will also offer the opportunity for many of us seasoned shooters as well as new aspiring shooters to take up the sport and practice.

Unfortunately, from what I can tell via my conversation with other local residents and small business owners, we can expect notable opposition for the zoning approval. I am not too concerned because I know that 2nd Amendment and civil rights minded citizens outnumber the anti-gunners.

However, I haven't seen support for the new gun range posted or communicated to stakeholder gun owners that need to show up in large numbers and overwhelm the anti-gunners at the meeting and in particular a County Board that is not all that sympathetic to gun rights, expect for one or two exceptions that I know of for certain (i.e. Lori Waters and Eugene Delgado).

Please communicate this hearing on VA-ALERT at your earliest convenience. We need to get a large number of gun owners / supporters in that meeting room on Monday June 9, 6:00. The Board of Supervisors room is not in the Court House, so I believe we can carry, so bring your CHPs!
    Directions to the Loudon County Government Center: http://loudoun.vhost.vipnet.org/maps/direct/cgc.htm

Original Post:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...page=1&#-1

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Nice. I plan on going.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

I will be there for what it is worth.

LOL !!! Bad part is I use remember when that was a dairy farm and use to hunt back there as a kid.

Post imported post

Here are more details.

It's being proposed by Merritt Properties, LLC

Scott E. Dorsey, President

Planning Commission May 1 details here

Post imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
    Here are more details.
    Is Monday night an OC place?

Post imported post

nemo wrote:
    Glock27Bill wrote:
    Here are more details.
    Is Monday night an OC place?
    I am going to. It's not a courthouse or federal property, etc.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Out of town, can I write a letter in support?

Post imported post

YES.

Loudoun County Board of Supervisors
    1 Harrison Street, S.E.,
    Fifth Floor
    P.O. Box 7000
    MSC #01
    Leesburg, VA 20177-7000
    Directions
    Phone: 703-777-0204
    Fax: 703-777-0421
    Comment Line:
    703-777-0115

e-mail:bos@loudoun.gov

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

sending something tomorrow!

Post imported post

Here is a WHOLE pile of paperwork: http://tinyurl.com/5dl48h

I found the most interesting reading to be the last 7 pages.. in some questions and answers. Things like NO LOADED WEAPONS from the entrance gate to the firing line and "special" marking ammo.. etc.

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    Here is a WHOLE pile of paperwork: http://tinyurl.com/5dl48h

I found the most interesting reading to be the last 7 pages.. in some questions and answers. Things like NO LOADED WEAPONS from the entrance gate to the firing line and "special" marking ammo.. etc.

"- Safety conversion kits for firearms:
    The conversion kit, conversion bolt, bolt carrier assembly, and safety-ring insert are easy to install and allow Marking Cartridges to be fired safely from the users own weapon with realistic recoil. These kids preclude the inadvertent chambering of live ammunition and ensure the proper operation and cylcing of the weapons"

This seems to only apply to the training facility - they must have a mock house for tactical drills. Which I assume us normal people won't be allowed to use.

Post imported post

1. whos goin?

2. Are you OCing?
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

ok guys.. it's TONIGHT..Am I the only one going?
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

Going. Concealed.

ed wrote:
    1. whos goin?

2. Are you OCing?

Post imported post

Ssorry for not makeeing it ttonight. it is now 11.00 pm and juist gotr back a while ago from the er. had severe hheat ex. todaay took 5.5 liters before I could leave. Typing with onw eye closed too still see straight...........

Post imported post

It should be up on webcast tomorrow at: http://loudoun.granicus.com/ViewPubl...w_id=2#Content

I think a gun club would be a good addition to the area.

The issues I have with their proposal were:

1. No loaded firearms passed the front gate (unless you are law enforcement)

2. Backround checks on all members.

3. Annual memberships from $__no amount given___ to tens of thousands per year

It does not seem like this is the place to just swing by on a Saturday and blow off 50 rounds. for 50 bucks. BUT.. all that said.. I still support it as it can only get better by having more trained people with guns.

Nice meeting you guys there!

Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

It wont be a bad thing to have around, but after hearing that load of crap they laid out, Ill never go there.

Post imported post

EFB16ACRX wrote:
    It wont be a bad thing to have around, but after hearing that load of crap they laid out, Ill never go there.
    I smelled the crap too.. I may have just figured it out.. I went to the MVM website. Scott (the applicant) said the parent company for his gun club was MVM. And Scott's Parent is the CEO.

http://www.mvminc.com/executive_marquez.html

Dario O. Marquez, Jr.
    President/Chief Executive Officer

Mr. Marquez is Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, and co-founder of MVM. He began his law enforcement career in the Presidential Detail and Counterfeiting divisions of the US Secret Service, serving with commendation under the Nixon, Ford, and Carter Administrations. Named one of the “100 Most Influential Hispanics in America” by Hispanic Business Magazine, Mr. Marquez is a former Chairman of the Hispanic College Fund and has been an active supporter of the Hispanic Youth Foundation. Mr. Marquez has also provided expert testimony before the US Senate Committee on Terrorism, and has appeared as an industry commentator in both television and print media. He was recently appointed by Governor Tim Kaine to the Virginia Secure Commonwealth Panel.

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

****. there you have it. I knew i was pissed for a reason.

Post imported post

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

I was pretty disappointed by what they plan to do. Not that it's not a fine gun-related business to add to Loudoun County, but it certainly wasn't what I was led to believe: a public gun range for folks in this area.

I feel somewhat betrayed by the NRA on this one. I received an email from NRA ILA last week which gave me the wrong impression about this training facility. And when Joel Partridge, NRA ILA employee and Loudoun resident, said that "The NRA is under no illusions as to the nature of this facility," it felt like a slap to the face.

I was present as a grassroots activist based on NRA's email to me, and then an NRA spokesman pulls the rug out from under me?

There were some NRA apologists there last night who threw every possible argument at me to defend the NRA when we were discussing this after the hearing. That's foolish, IMHO. When the NRA screws up, they need to be called on it so they can take actions to prevent that screw up from happening again. It takes us members calling them on the carpet so they know when they screw up.

And yes, I let them have both barrels earlier this morning.

Okay, I think I'll go take my medication and calm down.

Oh, and it was nice to meet you last night, Ed.

~ Boyd

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Kinda sounds like a Blackwater wannabe. Will they have a training facility that will be open to the public? By that I mean multi-day training with varying types and levels of training. It would beat traveling to the far reaches of nowhere, but I doubt if we are the intended audience.

Post imported post

They seem to be focused on Law Enforcement and large security organizations, such as Wackenhut or large corporate efforts, plus the "Country Club" private memberships.

Post imported post

Ashburn has always had a problem with elitests. Maybe these folks couldn't get in as members at Landsdown? It's disapointing to hear that it won't be an accessable range for most of us. That's what the area needs, not another boys club.

A bit disappointing, to say the least...

caltain

Post imported post

Oh, and there was one other thing that the MVM representative stated that stuck in my craw. As Ed mentioned, they'll have a policy of no loaded weapons on the property except on the range...unless you're one of The Only Ones.

I'll never be able to understand the thought patterns where disarming citizens but not LEOs makes sense. Sure, they're free to do that as a private company, but the disrespect to gun owners is distasteful. On the other hand, the only private citizens they were showing much respect during the entire presentation was rich folks who could afford to spend tens of thousands of dollars for their premium membership.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast