• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Gun Club / Range in Loudoun-- Zoning Hearing on Jun 9 -- NEED LARGE NUMBERS TO ATTEND!!

Glock27Bill

imported post

Lifted from another forum:

For those of your not on VCDL CA-ALERT distro... I just emailed this to Phillip...

=================
I wanted to give you and the rest of our fellow 2nd amendment supporters in the NoVA region that there will be zoning / permit hearing for the Beuamede Gun Club on June 9, 6:00 pm in the Board of Supervisors Meeting Room on 1 Harrison Street, Leesburg.

The Beuamede Gun Club location will on Beuamede Circle, just off of the Loudoun County Parkway in Ashburn.

As all of us in Eastern Loudoun and north eastern Fairfax know, we desperately need a new local range. Currently most of us "near the river" and in-around eastern Loudoun have to commute to either the NRA or Blue Ridge Arsenal in Fairfax; both fine ranges but they are often busy and in NoVA traffic often a 30 minute or longer drive. The Beuamede location is perfect.

It will be situated in the industrial park near Old Dominion Brewery and the WO&D Regional Park. Its Ashburn location will also offer the opportunity for many of us seasoned shooters as well as new aspiring shooters to take up the sport and practice.

Unfortunately, from what I can tell via my conversation with other local residents and small business owners, we can expect notable opposition for the zoning approval. I am not too concerned because I know that 2nd Amendment and civil rights minded citizens outnumber the anti-gunners.

However, I haven't seen support for the new gun range posted or communicated to stakeholder gun owners that need to show up in large numbers and overwhelm the anti-gunners at the meeting and in particular a County Board that is not all that sympathetic to gun rights, expect for one or two exceptions that I know of for certain (i.e. Lori Waters and Eugene Delgado).

Please communicate this hearing on VA-ALERT at your earliest convenience. We need to get a large number of gun owners / supporters in that meeting room on Monday June 9, 6:00. The Board of Supervisors room is not in the Court House, so I believe we can carry, so bring your CHPs!

Directions to the Loudon County Government Center: http://loudoun.vhost.vipnet.org/maps/direct/cgc.htm

Original Post:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=311249&page=1&#-1

ShufflnAlong

imported post

I will be there for what it is worth.

LOL !!! Bad part is I use remember when that was a dairy farm and use to hunt back there as a kid.

hsmith

imported post

ed wrote:
Here is a WHOLE pile of paperwork: http://tinyurl.com/5dl48h

I found the most interesting reading to be the last 7 pages.. in some questions and answers. Things like NO LOADED WEAPONS from the entrance gate to the firing line and "special" marking ammo.. etc.
"- Safety conversion kits for firearms:
The conversion kit, conversion bolt, bolt carrier assembly, and safety-ring insert are easy to install and allow Marking Cartridges to be fired safely from the users own weapon with realistic recoil. These kids preclude the inadvertent chambering of live ammunition and ensure the proper operation and cylcing of the weapons"

This seems to only apply to the training facility - they must have a mock house for tactical drills. Which I assume us normal people won't be allowed to use.

ShufflnAlong

imported post

Ssorry for not makeeing it ttonight. it is now 11.00 pm and juist gotr back a while ago from the er. had severe hheat ex. todaay took 5.5 liters before I could leave. Typing with onw eye closed too still see straight...........

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

It should be up on webcast tomorrow at: http://loudoun.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=2#Content

I think a gun club would be a good addition to the area.

The issues I have with their proposal were:

1. No loaded firearms passed the front gate (unless you are law enforcement)

2. Backround checks on all members.

3. Annual memberships from $__no amount given___ to tens of thousands per year

It does not seem like this is the place to just swing by on a Saturday and blow off 50 rounds. for 50 bucks. BUT.. all that said.. I still support it as it can only get better by having more trained people with guns.

Nice meeting you guys there!

Ed

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

EFB16ACRX wrote:
It wont be a bad thing to have around, but after hearing that load of crap they laid out, Ill never go there.
I smelled the crap too.. I may have just figured it out.. I went to the MVM website. Scott (the applicant) said the parent company for his gun club was MVM. And Scott's Parent is the CEO.

http://www.mvminc.com/executive_marquez.html

Dario O. Marquez, Jr.
President/Chief Executive Officer

Mr. Marquez is Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, and co-founder of MVM. He began his law enforcement career in the Presidential Detail and Counterfeiting divisions of the US Secret Service, serving with commendation under the Nixon, Ford, and Carter Administrations. Named one of the “100 Most Influential Hispanics in America” by Hispanic Business Magazine, Mr. Marquez is a former Chairman of the Hispanic College Fund and has been an active supporter of the Hispanic Youth Foundation. Mr. Marquez has also provided expert testimony before the US Senate Committee on Terrorism, and has appeared as an industry commentator in both television and print media. He was recently appointed by Governor Tim Kaine to the Virginia Secure Commonwealth Panel.