• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Free food, free beer, free baseball, tacoma - 7PM

TechnoWeenie

imported post

As stated, I have box seats, just behind home plate..

All you can drink beer, all you can eat food.

The first person that tells me that they want to go, gets it.

I have designated free parking, but my car gets it, I will pick you up if you're close, or you can call me to meet you at the gate.

Cheney stadium, Rainiers Vs. SL Bees.

It's AAA baseball folks, one step below the major leagues, but for free beer and free food, who's up?!

Edit: Over, removed info.

compmanio365

imported post

Rainiers put on a good ballgame.....they haven't been as good this year though......myself and M1Gunr went to a game not long ago. I'd love to go, but have been feeling like crap......whomever goes, have a good time though. :D

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Yup, bout an hour notice, about how much I had,lol.

It was nice, the rainiers kicked the living $%(^& out of the Bees, 9-3 IIRC.

Had a great time, and an interesting experience as well.

I was carrying 90% concealed, but my shirt lifted up for about 10 seconds and showed my holster, about 5 mins. later I was approached by a TPD officer, who all but sat beside me, and quietly said 'someone said they saw you with a gun', I replied, 'yes sir, I have a CPL, is there an issue?'. He replied, 'yes, unfortunately this venue (can't remember the exact word he used) doesn't allow firearms' I asked him if he'd like me to put it in my vehicle, he replied that he'd appreciate it, and he walked away. No asking of DL or CPL, VERY professional, VERY low key and respectful, I went and put my pistol in my vehicle safe, then came back. I asked him if it was a policy of the management, he replied that although the stadium is OWNED by the city, and covered by preemption, when it's being LEASED by the private owners, it's considered private property, and they make the rules. He also stated that even officers were getting upset, because it was a silly rule, and they didn't even let off duty officers carry there. This officer was VERY well informed, EXTREMELY polite and non-confrontational. He readily answered my questions, explained the situation in minute detail, and was an overwhelmingly positive experience (minus having to 'put it away' part). Although I didn't ask, the feeling that I got from the officer was 'out of sight, out of mind', if noone saw it, noone would complain, and noone would be the wiser.

I wish I couldv'e remembered the officers name, as I would fill out a compliment card in a heartbeat.

ETA: I did get the corporate number for the management company, the people there didn't seem to think that carrying with a permit was wrong, but they didn't want to give me the wrong information.

I would tenatively put Cheney Stadium on the 'do not patronize' list.