• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting Dyer

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Will be driving up to Dyer from Virginia on Sunday. Gonna try and take my dad to Deb's and do some shooting before he has a pacemaker installed in his chest on Tuesday. Looking to shoot on Monday. Any one want to have a get together while I'm in NWI? I'll probably be leaving on 5 June. I may or may not have internet access while at my folks place. Depends on if my mom can remember her password. They still have to use dial up as DSL isn't available in Northridge subdivision at thier place.

Prometheus

imported post

disconnect wrote:
I hope you are enjoying your stay up here in Dyer!! :) How was your trip to Deb's? She is a real sweetheart, I was just up there last Friday night.

For the benefit shoot? I had a great time, left earlier, from what I hear they raised 2600 and it lasted to nearly 11pm, lol. Great group of ppl, but they still need to lower their transfer fees ;)

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Guys, I am sorry I haven't answered earlier. I just got back to Virginia. My folks have thier kitchen completely emptied to have new cabinets installed and everything was placed in front of the computer! I couldn't get to it to log on. As it turned out, my dad had a pacemaker implanted last Tuesday at St. Margarets in Hammond was in lock up there for two days. He wasn't feeling very well on Monday either, so we didn't get to go shoot at Deb's. Spent most of the time running my dad or my mom around and taking care of errands so it didn't allow much time for anything else.

Really sorry that I couldn't hook up with any of ya'll, but I am looking at trying to get back to Dyer maybe in August. Will have to see what my work schedule and the wife's school schedule looks like.

I did stop at the CMP store at Camp Perry on the way back home. Didn't buy any rifles but did pick up 480 rds of the Greek 30.06 ammo. Nice bunch of folks that work at the store there. I did get to go to Aurelio's pizza in Homewood for dinner also. That is like a must do whenever I'm back in NWI.

So perhaps next time, best wishes to all of my Hoosier brudders!

tattedupboy

imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
Guys, I am sorry I haven't answered earlier. I just got back to Virginia. My folks have thier kitchen completely emptied to have new cabinets installed and everything was placed in front of the computer! I couldn't get to it to log on. As it turned out, my dad had a pacemaker implanted last Tuesday at St. Margarets in Hammond was in lock up there for two days. He wasn't feeling very well on Monday either, so we didn't get to go shoot at Deb's. Spent most of the time running my dad or my mom around and taking care of errands so it didn't allow much time for anything else.

Really sorry that I couldn't hook up with any of ya'll, but I am looking at trying to get back to Dyer maybe in August. Will have to see what my work schedule and the wife's school schedule looks like.

I did stop at the CMP store at Camp Perry on the way back home. Didn't buy any rifles but did pick up 480 rds of the Greek 30.06 ammo. Nice bunch of folks that work at the store there. I did get to go to Aurelio's pizza in Homewood for dinner also. That is like a must do whenever I'm back in NWI.

Did you carry while you were in Dyer?

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

tattedupboy wrote:
kaiheitai17 wrote:

Did you carry while you were in Dyer?
Yes, I did but usually concealed.

"I live in dyer -- at least you were only here 6 days eh? :p"

Yeah, that's why I joined the Marines right after graduating from LCHS.