• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you carry on your "gun belt"?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good golly, I don't carry that much stuff on my belt, in my pockets, in my briefcase and in my car combined :what:

(Ok, maybe a little exaggeration, but that is a LOT of stuff!)

markand

imported post

This is the wife of "Markand" responding, here.

When we were dating, I once weighed all the stuff in Mark's pocket, and even without the gun and a few other items (I lived in D.C. at the time), it topped 12 pounds. When I was young, I thought my dad carried a lot of "stuff" in his pockets, but my husband tops anyone I know. Even Inspector Gadget pales in comparison!

At the airport, or upon entering government buildings (obviously minus his gun, knives, pepper spray, etc.), he fills several of those little trays they provide you before you go through the metal detector.

And, there's another side to carrying all that "stuff," too. Many of those items that help to provide wonderful protection for him and me from other people, can be kind of dangerous to me, at times.

The cargo pants he wears, hide most of the stuff, so it's easy to forget that it's there. That becomes problematic when I want to sit next to him on the sofa. I just never know what I might get impaled on (from one of the items on his belt or in his pocket), if/when I try to lean next to him or curl up my legs on the sofa. So, if we're planning to watch a TV show or movie together at home, I now make him take off all that stuff and leave it on the coffee table!

--Deborah Jane

WhiteFeather

imported post

I am sure I'm not the only one who has posted the following but I am really getting tired of being told what to and not to do in regards to how I carry myself.

So I'll answer a couple of the most recent threads all in this one post.

While most of these threads are meant with the greatest of intentions theymore so than less socome off bad. Not the concepts mind you but in the way they are presented to the public.

I am aware not everyone is a wordsmith on here, and the ability to call up great words in times of need are in short order in a time when we simply hit spell check instead of looking in a dictionary which may by the way allow you to view the definition of the word thus providing you with an idea of weither or not it is acceptable in the context of your paragraph. Still it should not be too much trouble toreconize words like "Absolote","Every", "Wrong*"and "Best". These words along with many others imply things that for the most part do not exist.* Wrong being the exception because there is a wrong wrong and a right wrong. Context my good friends context.

When you use these words to describe your methods in comparison to the actions ofothers you instantly turn mostof your intended audience against you.Stating that only your method is perfect and all others are incorrect will sour the attitudesof the most astute philosophers. Even the very tone of my reply will buy me very little confidence from those who read but Iuse it to illistrate a point.

Although the subject matter is good the conveyance of the message is poor.

So to address this thread and ones in the past I will answer honestly.

I would love to have the time and the money to go to the range at least twice a week and blow through 500 rounds in a few hours.

I would love to shell out thousands of dollars and stand toe to toe with Clint Smith and train with the best for weeks on end.

"Love to" being very key in all of the above sentences.

It was my dream, my only goal in life to Join the Marines and become one of the most elite. They told me I had asthma and thus was sent home from paris island. (Never diagnosed, and have yet to suffer from it)

I carry my SW1911PD right side, OWB in a Serpa on a reinforced gun belt. I have a 4 1/2 inch folding assist open knife in my left pocket and a flashlight during the evening hours. I have two sets of keys and one wallet, a stash of PAFOAbusinesscards and two or three PA pamphlets that were made by PA Patriot concerning the legalities of OC and CC in the Common Wealth of PA.

I do not carry a spare mag unless I am planning on going into the city. I carry a cell phone but usually in my pocket or my GF's purse. (I don't wear the purse she does) -just to clearify.

Does this mean I'm doing it wrong? I am socially inept for not owning a fancy gadget or having bill folds to spend on training and ammo? I doubt it, maybe but I doubt it. I have had some training although not Navy Seal or Thunder Ranch level. I don't own an I-pod or a berry that isn't edible.

My point is I understand the gist of what is being said, and there is some credible information within the post. But I for one maybe two am/are tired of hearing about how my/our profficiency level is sub par and my/our belt isconfigured wrong.

:cuss:Rant over.

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks for your perspective WhiteFeather. It's good to see that you take responsibility for yourself and others as most of us do. I'm sorry to hear that your goal of joining the Marines was not able to be accomplished and I understand your position of not having the resources to do and have all the best training and equipment. Few of us actually do. I know I don't either.

Your complaint about the level of literacy in posts here is noted. IMHO you should try to look past the grammar and misspelling and instead just absorb the content presented to give you insight on others thoughts and methods. It doesn't mean you are wrong in yours. I don't really think that a few grammar or spelling mistakes really make a difference if you are able to understand the points being made. No one is perfect or types perfectly, not even the anti's or the general public. Look past those minor language dings to understand content. Then those who'illistrate' their 'profficiency' won't be so distracting to you.

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

whitefeather. you're a patriot. some of these guys are pinheads :p

my CC consists off my 1911 in my jeans pocket. thats it. i've tried different holsters and they are all uncomfortable and a pita and virtually unreachable in a quick draw situation.

this is with a full size 1911...

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Normal daytime out and about:

Colt Commander @ 3:30 - 4:00. 2 spare mags @ 8:30.

If later in the day or going out in the evening, double mag carrier gets replaced with combo for 1 spare mag and Surefire 6P with Cree LED.

Case stockman, chapstick and sometimes pipe lighter in front right.
Money clip with cash and change front left.
Wallet with band-aids, cards, etc rear right.
Handkerchief + Copenhagen rear left.

Used to always carry a Spyderco Manix too, but have been carrying only the stockman since January and it's rare I really could use a bigger folder. Will likely relegate the Manix to camping/outdoor duty.

Whether I open carry or conceal depends on the day and activities. Guns are evil and scary at work, so I never open carry M-F working hours.

I usually use the same Sam Andrews MacDaniel holster either way. I'd like to get a nice Tucker HF-1 for open carry.

I dry practice weekly. Range monthly or bi-monthly. I have taken professional training in tactics, marksmanship and retention. A close friend is in charge of LEO training and I have the opportunity to be exposed to a lot of information and skills that way as well. (Hand to hand, retention, active shooter scenarios, etc)

I don't really care if you have a lot of training or a little. I would like everyone who is responsible enough to keep from shooting themselves and innocents to carry daily. :)

WhiteFeather

imported post

Thank you for the kind words...

I wasn't so much referring to the spelling as I was the use of words in general. I am convinced that spell checker is going to be the down fall of literacy. Although it corrects the incorrect spelling it does not provide a definition or proper use of the word.

Etymology is the study of words throughout the ages. Etymologist can tell you what a word means, whata word meant, where it geographically began, and why it is spelled the way it is. But more importantly they can tell you where it belongs.

You cna spll awholl sntense wrng and wthotu grmmar pepple will stll be abel to git the gist of waht you are tryeng to say.

Butuse a word wrong once andit will discredit much of what you say, good or bad.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

superdemon wrote:
I can't believe the number of people who will carry a bunch of "equipment" with them, but not carry a notebook and pen.
Thus the reason I carry a voice recorder. I can play back and they can write down.

I carry: Serpa & 1911, Blackberry, 2 spare mags. Gun safe in the truck which has 1 spare mag and a box of 50 rounds.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

markand wrote:
SNIP This is the wife of "Markand" responding, here...
What a great post!!!

:D:D:D

I'll bet Markand changes his password and deletes the cookies post-session from now on!! :)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

47 wrote:
SNIP 4. Handcuffs (in a pants pocket out of view)...

Why the handcuffs? Three reasons, one, it shows that my intent was not ony to "incapacitate" (never kill, of course) but to stop and take custody of an assailant (citizens arrest), Two, it's legal and I 'can'
Wediscussedhand-cuffs a good while back.

IfI recall, theupshot was that it would be mighty dangerous to cuff someone without backup unless you know what you are doing, and even then it isn't exactly safe.

superdemon

imported post

Citizen wrote:
47 wrote:
SNIP 4. Handcuffs (in a pants pocket out of view)...

Why the handcuffs? Three reasons, one, it shows that my intent was not ony to "incapacitate" (never kill, of course) but to stop and take custody of an assailant (citizens arrest), Two, it's legal and I 'can'
Wediscussedhand-cuffs a good while back.

IfI recall, theupshot was that it would be mighty dangerous to cuff someone without backup unless you know what you are doing, and even then it isn't exactly safe.

^^^^^^

Sho' 'nuff. Without proper training, cuffing is the most dangerous part of taking a suspect into custody, as it requires contact. It also gives them a weapon, as fighting someone who has one handcuff on gives them a flail to beat the tar out of you with. Some people will be completely compliant until they feel the cuff on their wrist, then they go positively nuts.

sureshot

imported post

On myright side I carry a Glock 21 .45 cal with 13 in the magazine and one chambered. On my left two hi-capacity mags. fully loaded, 13 rounds each.

nh92d

imported post

strong side-beretta 92(15rnd mag and 1 in the chamber)in a galco matrix holster(at 3).leatherman multi-tool(at 3:30)

weak side-cell phone

near future will also have spare mag on weak side

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Springfield Armory 1911-A1 .45acp

2 spare mags (pouched)

Gerber MK II sheath knife

Leatherman pocket tool

spectr019

imported post

Left-Side - Browning .40 in shoulder holster and a Browning .40 on left hip at 7-8:00 (just past the belt loop, a bit different on different pants). On my shoulder rig on the RIGHT side is a magazine pocket. On my hip holster is also a mag. pocket. In back left pocket I carry a Glock tactical under-barrel rail flashlight.

Ultimately - Two twin .40 pistols, 48 rounds of .40 ammunition in total, and the Glock flashlight.

...but then again, I've played Resident Evil games for far toolong, and I'm ready for a zombie attack any day (i'd much rather prefer zombies than that Cloverfield SOB).

If I feel like I don't wanna take all that with me, I'll have a Bersa .380 with two 7 round mags and one 10 round mag.

Ben

cmdio

imported post

I carry six guns. All of them are Glocks in .40 S&@ caliber with Night Sights and are bone stock except for some wolf springs. I carry 2 Glock 22s on my right and left hips in C-Tacs, 2 Glock 23s in my Alessi Bodyguard shoulder holster, 1 Glock 27 on my left ankle, and another Glock 27 in my right hand pocket. I also carry some folding knives. I carry 2 Chris Reeves folding knives, both of them are Sebenzas. I carry the small one in the left hand pocket of my 5.11 Tactical pants. I carry the larger one in the mag pocket on the right hand side with a Glock 22 magazine. I carry another 4 Glock 22 magazines behind the guns on my hips. I carry an extra magazine on a mag pouch on my right hip. I also carry a surefire E2E flashlight clipped onto my left hand pocket. You never know when you will need a light. I am going to be carrying 2 pairs of hand cuffs when I decide on a decent manufacturer and holster (suggestions are wanted). For my commo gear I use a Nextel I560 phone in black (dont want to get the yellow one and give my reflection away in case some BG seems me in an alley) and I have a Pager with Skytel service. I also have a Zippo lighter in case I need to make a torch or something if stuck in a Hurricane Katrina situation. I also carry some OC spray (Fox labs if youre wondering)

/Just Kidding
//or am I?
///stolen from PFOA.org forums