• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle company announces miniature hands-free video recorder

44Brent

imported post

VieVU Launches Wearable Personal Video Recorder At the Consumers Electronics Show
VIEVU PVR-PRO
The VIEVU PVR-PRO is a WEARABLE video recording device for use by consumers and professionals wishing to capture their daily events or protect themselves from liability. The design enables the camera to be attached to the user so that their perspective is captured during their routine daily events. The video files are downloaded to a PC via simple drag-and-drop. Once transferred, the files can be edited or uploaded to your favorite video sharing site. The camera operates via an on/off switch which also serves as a lens cover. The VIEVU PVR-PRO can record and store approximately 4 hours of video and audio in SVGA quality format.
specs.gif
    • Click here to download CODEC - PC
    • Click here to download CODEC - MAC
    • Quality VGA 640x480 video
    • Weight - approx: 3.5oz | Dimensions -approx: 3' x 2' x .75'
    • Tri-Clip Design - enables attachment virtually anywhere on body
    • Full color video & crystal clear audio
    • Rugged, rubberized case for durability
    • Waterproof for use in inclement weather * IPX5 standard
    • 71 degres field of view
    • Over 4 hours of recording time
    • Low memory LED indicator
    • Green Design - meets RoHS, WEEE standards
    • ON/OFF switch provides lens protection
    • Download to PC via USB cable
    • Requirements - Miscrosoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Mac OSX

just_a_car

imported post

Gee and only $499.95 for the -PRO and $699.95 for the -LE!...

I think I'll stick with sub-$50 audio recorders that record more than just 4 hours.

Definitely a neat development, though.

David.Car

imported post

Maybe not viable yet, but it is something to look forward too in the future... Electronics move fast enough, probably could get one for sub 200 in a year or less.

joeroket

imported post

John Hardin wrote:
Does it work with Linux?

(busted link, Doug. Trailing space.)
It might, and my guess is that it does. The Xvid codecs have not been released in binary yet, probably why they don't list linux as required, but most players for linux have built in support for Xvid, which is actually decoded with Mpeg4, under FFmpeg.