Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladies who OC - how are you recieved?

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

I was just curious what kind of reception, if any, the ladies get when they OC and they're out and about. I have never experienced OC but wondering what I should expect if I do. Are you treated any better/worse than maybe the guys have experienced? Does anyone even notice? Are you questioned? What's the reality?

Just curious. I did a quick run through, I hope this inquiry hasn't been beaten to death. If so, I apologize.

Post imported post

Shorts wrote:
    I was just curious what kind of reception, if any, the ladies get when they OC and they're out and about. I have never experienced OC but wondering what I should expect if I do. Are you treated any better/worse than maybe the guys have experienced? Does anyone even notice? Are you questioned? What's the reality?

Just curious. I did a quick run through, I hope this inquiry hasn't been beaten to death. If so, I apologize.
    I'm curious on this too. I know ladies who CC, but none tha OC.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Sorry to take so long; I don't usually hit this particular forum.

No issues. I've yet to have anyone make a comment about my handgun that had anything to do with women carrying. (I have, however, had someone comment about my 1911 earrings, though!).

People will ask me why I carry ('cause I can't carry a cop) or (When seconds count, the police are only minutes away). Some ask if it's legal (like I'm going to say "Why, no, it isn't. Why do you ask?") or if it's real (why on the gods' green earth would someone carry a FAKE gun?).
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Well it could be like a yard sign for a fake security company, just a detterent but pretty useless when your home is being broken into

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Sorry to take so long; I don't usually hit this particular forum.

No issues. I've yet to have anyone make a comment about my handgun that had anything to do with women carrying. (I have, however, had someone comment about my 1911 earrings, though!).

People will ask me why I carry ('cause I can't carry a cop) or (When seconds count, the police are only minutes away). Some ask if it's legal (like I'm going to say "Why, no, it isn't. Why do you ask?") or if it's real (why on the gods' green earth would someone carry a FAKE gun?).
    Hi all. My wife works full time as an armed security officer. She is fequently asked by teens and twentyish guys and gals if it is real. After she says "yes" they usually think its cool especially the guys. Then they go on to ask what kind of gun is it. We know a security guard that worksa nearby stripmall. The management do not want him to be armed nor is he qualified to be. So this guy carries an empty flap style holster so people will think he is armed. Sad but true

Post imported post

My wife OCs and nobody bothers her. Except her mother, but that's a different story.

Post imported post

That women SHOULD at least OC (if not CC)- given the statistical risk they face of being targeted victims - is a no-brainer. We need more gals out there OC'ing. I believe they are our most effective "point women" . If I had my way there'd be laws requiring EVERY women be armed for personal safety. Start packin' ladies !

Post imported post

I took someone to the range for her first time today.

Her mom said, and I quote.... "I think it's important for you to be able to defend yourself."

:celebrate

She did well, by the way. I only had to at her ONCE for pointing the barrel back.

Not bad for a newbie.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

My wife got her first reaction in walmart.

We walked past a black couple who were shopping. The man was HUGE, over 6'5" and at least 350lbs, his grilfriend was a skinny girl. My wife is 5'1" and slim. We walked passed them, he looked down at her gun and in a near yell exclaimed "DAMN!", like he was genuinely afraid of her. His girlfriend just stood there jaw dropped as far as it would go. We just kept on walking until we were out of earshot and could laugh.

Post imported post

We walked past a black couple who were shopping. The man was HUGE, over 6'5" and at least 350lbs, his grilfriend was a skinny girl. My wife is 5'1" and slim. We walked passed them, he looked down at her gun and in a near yell exclaimed "DAMN!", like he was genuinely afraid of her. His girlfriend just stood there jaw dropped as far as it would go. We just kept on walking until we were out of earshot and could laugh.
    :celebrate

Post imported post

Women toting heaters....

That's hot. :celebrate

MY opinion may be biased though.

Post imported post

+ 1

Post imported post

mnglocker wrote:
    Women toting heaters....
    That's hot. :celebrate
    MY opinion may be biased though.
    Woman packing heat on their own bikes are hotter
    Woman with six figure incomes packing heat on their own bikes are hotter still
    My wife is hottest of all tried the rest kept the best

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

SANDCREEK wrote:
    That women SHOULD at least OC (if not CC)- given the statistical risk they face of being targeted victims - is a no-brainer. We need more gals out there OC'ing. I believe they are our most effective "point women" . If I had my way there'd be laws requiring EVERY women be armed for personal safety. Start packin' ladies !
    ALL Women????

Even those with PMS?? :what:ARE YOU CRAAAAZZZZY?!?!?!?!

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    SANDCREEK wrote:
    ALL Women????

Even those with PMS?? :what:ARE YOU CRAAAAZZZZY?!?!?!?!

LMAO, also don't forget those women who are crazy drivers.

Post imported post

Well, a couple of months ago, my husband and I were OCing in a local Wal-Mart when we were pulled aside by the management. Actually, my husband was pulled aside. As I said, we were BOTH OCing, but the only one that they even spoke to was my husband. He gave the manager his CWP and agreed to conceal the weapon to avoid causing alarm. But had I not pulled out my CWP automatically, I don't think he would have ever noticed my sidearm, which was probably even more noticeable in a lighter colored leather holster.

But isn't this also why they say that female serial killers are rarely caught? As a society, we just don't expect much in the way of violence from women.

Post imported post

scarlett1125 wrote:
    Well, a couple of months ago, my husband and I were OCing in a local Wal-Mart when we were pulled aside by the management. Actually, my husband was pulled aside. As I said, we were BOTH OCing, but the only one that they even spoke to was my husband. He gave the manager his CWP and agreed to conceal the weapon to avoid causing alarm. But had I not pulled out my CWP automatically, I don't think he would have ever noticed my sidearm, which was probably even more noticeable in a lighter colored leather holster.

But isn't this also why they say that female serial killers are rarely caught? As a society, we just don't expect much in the way of violence from women.
    You ladies don't carry around too much of that pesky testosterone. Well, most ladies, anyway.

Post imported post

Well, girls and guns.....should just go together.....like peas and carrots.

I'd love to meet a nice girl around here that was as into guns as I was, and if I ever saw a girl OCing (surprisingly I haven't...actually haven't seen a guy either) I'd strike up a conversation for sure.

The only gun I've ever seen someone wearing (outside of police officers) was a rather large fellow who was CCing...but was doing it very badly (giant guy, with a giant bulge on the side of his hip). The thing could have been a tumor....but I doubt it :P.

Oh, and this is my first post . Hello everyone!

Post imported post

Well I was really tempted to OC a little today, but wussed out. Alot of goofy people in this area of PA, or at least at this shopping center. I wasn't feeling up to having all the local cops coming by for a possible not so friendly chitchat involving at the least being angry and telling me I shouldn't be doing that, all the way to illegally detaining me and taking the gun (I am not feeling up to being the possible sacrifical sheepdog for the area).

Nothing might have happened but a few stares, if anyone even noticed ( these kids at the Goodwill store probably would have though and blurted out " that lady has a gun!"). I opted to OC for some customers later instead, being as it's where I live and have a business, I can do so in MD. The 2 girls didn't notice for a while, thenI was saying something about .22's to the fathersand one of the girls was like "oh, is that a .22?" pointing at my XD9, as if she just noticed it. Later she hugged me LOL, I had to turn to my weak side ( she was happy to get the mount of her first buck back!). Nobody was scared here,as the 2 guys are very avid hunters, and the girls also hunt. No fear of guns at all. And the girls knew to not reach out and touch it , and not even any of those million question sessions either.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

For those that haven't seen it yet, the video of VCDL's picnic shows a lot of women OCing. http://www.vcdl.org/

It decidedly works to our mutual advantage when my gf OCs with me. We have had countless positive conversations with wait-staff and the public because she was in an OC mood. It doesn't hurt that she is well schooled, confident and great in directing conversation to her conclusion.

IMPO - women are less likely to be verbally challanged by the general public but may garner more double takes.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

If I had another OCer to do it with, I would be doing it. I need a support system even if just 1 person.

Post imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
    If I had another OCer to do it with, I would be doing it. I need a support system even if just 1 person.
    Obviously you are going to have to cross the state line into Pa. or Va. or somewhere else that it is legal.

Did you check out the multi-state meet up in Leesburg 9/13 ?

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

asforme wrote:
    My wife got her first reaction in walmart.

Was it more like "DAMN" or more like "DAYUM".

'cause maybe, uh, he just thought she was attractive. :celebrate

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    XD40coyote wrote:
    Obviously you are going to have to cross the state line into Pa. or Va. or somewhere else that it is legal.

Yata hey
    Yeah, this is in PA. I just got my FL carry lisc too.

Post imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    XD40coyote wrote:

Yata hey
    Yeah, this is in PA. I just got my FL carry lisc too.
    IF you live in Pa., you need to update your personal info as it states that you are a "woman stuck in Maryland." That is why my comment on your needing to cross state lines.

If you reside in Pa., there ought to be multitudes of people that would be more that willing to accompany you on an outing or for a meal.

Gather yourself together with a friend and try it. The comment that I hea r most from the ladies after the first time OCing is, "It's liberating!"

Yata hey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast