• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ladies who OC - how are you recieved?

Shorts

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I was just curious what kind of reception, if any, the ladies get when they OC and they're out and about. I have never experienced OC but wondering what I should expect if I do. Are you treated any better/worse than maybe the guys have experienced? Does anyone even notice? Are you questioned? What's the reality?

Just curious. I did a quick run through, I hope this inquiry hasn't been beaten to death. If so, I apologize.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Shorts wrote:
I was just curious what kind of reception, if any, the ladies get when they OC and they're out and about. I have never experienced OC but wondering what I should expect if I do. Are you treated any better/worse than maybe the guys have experienced? Does anyone even notice? Are you questioned? What's the reality?

Just curious. I did a quick run through, I hope this inquiry hasn't been beaten to death. If so, I apologize.

I'm curious on this too. I know ladies who CC, but none tha OC.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sorry to take so long; I don't usually hit this particular forum.

No issues. I've yet to have anyone make a comment about my handgun that had anything to do with women carrying. (I have, however, had someone comment about my 1911 earrings, though!).

People will ask me why I carry ('cause I can't carry a cop) or (When seconds count, the police are only minutes away). Some ask if it's legal (like I'm going to say "Why, no, it isn't. Why do you ask?") or if it's real (why on the gods' green earth would someone carry a FAKE gun?).

eyesopened

imported post

Well it could be like a yard sign for a fake security company, just a detterent but pretty useless when your home is being broken into :lol:

Hadley

imported post

Tess wrote:
Sorry to take so long; I don't usually hit this particular forum.

No issues. I've yet to have anyone make a comment about my handgun that had anything to do with women carrying. (I have, however, had someone comment about my 1911 earrings, though!).

People will ask me why I carry ('cause I can't carry a cop) or (When seconds count, the police are only minutes away). Some ask if it's legal (like I'm going to say "Why, no, it isn't. Why do you ask?") or if it's real (why on the gods' green earth would someone carry a FAKE gun?).
:) Hi all. My wife works full time as an armed security officer. She is fequently asked by teens and twentyish guys and gals if it is real. After she says "yes" they usually think its cool especially the guys. Then they go on to ask what kind of gun is it. We know a security guard that worksa nearby stripmall. The management do not want him to be armed nor is he qualified to be. So this guy carries an empty flap style holster so people will think he is armed. Sad but true:exclaim:

SANDCREEK

imported post

That women SHOULD at least OC (if not CC)- given the statistical risk they face of being targeted victims - is a no-brainer. We need more gals out there OC'ing. I believe they are our most effective "point women" . If I had my way there'd be laws requiring EVERY women be armed for personal safety. Start packin' ladies !

AbNo

imported post

I took someone to the range for her first time today.

Her mom said, and I quote.... "I think it's important for you to be able to defend yourself."

:celebrate

She did well, by the way. I only had to :cuss: at her ONCE for pointing the barrel back.

Not bad for a newbie. :lol:

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My wife got her first reaction in walmart.

We walked past a black couple who were shopping. The man was HUGE, over 6'5" and at least 350lbs, his grilfriend was a skinny girl. My wife is 5'1" and slim. We walked passed them, he looked down at her gun and in a near yell exclaimed "DAMN!", like he was genuinely afraid of her. His girlfriend just stood there jaw dropped as far as it would go. We just kept on walking until we were out of earshot and could laugh.

Dom

imported post

We walked past a black couple who were shopping. The man was HUGE, over 6'5" and at least 350lbs, his grilfriend was a skinny girl. My wife is 5'1" and slim. We walked passed them, he looked down at her gun and in a near yell exclaimed "DAMN!", like he was genuinely afraid of her. His girlfriend just stood there jaw dropped as far as it would go. We just kept on walking until we were out of earshot and could laugh.
:celebrate

mnglocker

imported post

Women toting heaters....

That's hot. :celebrate

MY opinion may be biased though. ;)

LongRider

imported post

mnglocker wrote:
Women toting heaters....
That's hot. :celebrate
MY opinion may be biased though. ;)
Woman packing heat on their own bikes are hotter
Woman with six figure incomes packing heat on their own bikes are hotter still
My wife is hottest of all tried the rest kept the best

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SANDCREEK wrote:
That women SHOULD at least OC (if not CC)- given the statistical risk they face of being targeted victims - is a no-brainer. We need more gals out there OC'ing. I believe they are our most effective "point women" . If I had my way there'd be laws requiring EVERY women be armed for personal safety. Start packin' ladies !

ALL Women????

Even those with PMS?? :what:ARE YOU CRAAAAZZZZY?!?!?!?!

;)

XD40coyote

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
SANDCREEK wrote:

ALL Women????

Even those with PMS?? :what:ARE YOU CRAAAAZZZZY?!?!?!?!

;)
LMAO, also don't forget those women who are crazy drivers.

scarlett1125

imported post

Well, a couple of months ago, my husband and I were OCing in a local Wal-Mart when we were pulled aside by the management. Actually, my husband was pulled aside. As I said, we were BOTH OCing, but the only one that they even spoke to was my husband. He gave the manager his CWP and agreed to conceal the weapon to avoid causing alarm. But had I not pulled out my CWP automatically, I don't think he would have ever noticed my sidearm, which was probably even more noticeable in a lighter colored leather holster.

But isn't this also why they say that female serial killers are rarely caught? As a society, we just don't expect much in the way of violence from women. :lol:

Statesman

imported post

scarlett1125 wrote:
Well, a couple of months ago, my husband and I were OCing in a local Wal-Mart when we were pulled aside by the management. Actually, my husband was pulled aside. As I said, we were BOTH OCing, but the only one that they even spoke to was my husband. He gave the manager his CWP and agreed to conceal the weapon to avoid causing alarm. But had I not pulled out my CWP automatically, I don't think he would have ever noticed my sidearm, which was probably even more noticeable in a lighter colored leather holster.

But isn't this also why they say that female serial killers are rarely caught? As a society, we just don't expect much in the way of violence from women. :lol:
You ladies don't carry around too much of that pesky testosterone. Well, most ladies, anyway. :uhoh:

M@D H@TTER

imported post

Well, girls and guns.....should just go together.....like peas and carrots.

I'd love to meet a nice girl around here that was as into guns as I was, and if I ever saw a girl OCing (surprisingly I haven't...actually haven't seen a guy either) I'd strike up a conversation for sure.

The only gun I've ever seen someone wearing (outside of police officers) was a rather large fellow who was CCing...but was doing it very badly (giant guy, with a giant bulge on the side of his hip). The thing could have been a tumor....but I doubt it :p.

Oh, and this is my first post :lol:. Hello everyone!

XD40coyote

imported post

Well I was really tempted to OC a little today, but wussed out. Alot of goofy people in this area of PA, or at least at this shopping center. I wasn't feeling up to having all the local cops coming by for a possible not so friendly chitchat involving at the least being angry and telling me I shouldn't be doing that, all the way to illegally detaining me and taking the gun (I am not feeling up to being the possible sacrifical sheepdog for the area).

Nothing might have happened but a few stares, if anyone even noticed ( these kids at the Goodwill store probably would have though and blurted out " that lady has a gun!"). I opted to OC for some customers later instead, being as it's where I live and have a business, I can do so in MD. The 2 girls didn't notice for a while, thenI was saying something about .22's to the fathersand one of the girls was like "oh, is that a .22?" pointing at my XD9, as if she just noticed it. Later she hugged me LOL, I had to turn to my weak side ( she was happy to get the mount of her first buck back!). Nobody was scared here,as the 2 guys are very avid hunters, and the girls also hunt. No fear of guns at all. And the girls knew to not reach out and touch it , and not even any of those million question sessions either.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

For those that haven't seen it yet, the video of VCDL's picnic shows a lot of women OCing. http://www.vcdl.org/

It decidedly works to our mutual advantage when my gf OCs with me. We have had countless positive conversations with wait-staff and the public because she was in an OC mood. It doesn't hurt that she is well schooled, confident and great in directing conversation to her conclusion.:)

IMPO - women are less likely to be verbally challanged by the general public but may garner more double takes.

Yata hey