• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which one of you guys was it OCing at Edwards in Nampa last night?

MarKing

imported post

My wife and I went to see the 8 PM showing of the new Indy movie at the Edwards in Nampa (by Home Depot and Red Robin) last night and saw a guy OCing.

We were both curious to see if the guy was going to be let in because there is a flyerat eachticket window that clearly indicates no weapons are allowed in the theatre.

While we were getting our snacks we saw that the guy was let in with no problems.

From what we could tell from our time in the ticket line and snack line, several people noticed he was carrying but no one did or said anything to management.

My wife pointed out to me that the OCer walked right by the Security Guard and was never noticed.

If it was anyone here, did you notice the no weapons sign?

I imagine the worst thing they could have done was ask him to leave, right? Then if he didn't leave he could have been charged with tresspassing.

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

Wasn't me. I don't drive to Nampa to see movies!
Though my guess is if he tried it 10 more times, he'd be asked to leave eventually... kinda like wal-mart... depends who's "on duty."
in this case, CC would solve a lot of potential issues.

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

On a side note... they don't have 'security' guards at the Boise theatre, so why do they think they need them in Nampa? :p

MarKing

imported post

I don't know why they had a Security Guard there. I don't think he was making anyone feel safe.

He was leaning up against the wall looking really bored.

silver nekode

imported post

GuessI should check the boards more often, this may have been me. I oc'ed to that movie around that time at the nampa edwards... hmmmm
Do you possibly remember the rig that was being carried? I normally carry my SW1911 in a blackhawk serpa.

and yes, i know they have the policy posted, but no one has stopped me or said anything yet!

MarkinIdaho

imported post

IdahoCorsair wrote:
On a side note... they don't have 'security' guards at the Boise theatre, so why do they think they need them in Nampa? :p
Probably for the North-siders, the South-siders, MS-13, crips, bloods, and however many more of theidentified gangs in Canyon/Ada County. My wife works for Corrections - you'd be suprised how many there are here. And in Nampa/Caldwell, many think they have something to prove.

MarKing

imported post

silver nekode wrote:
GuessI should check the boards more often, this may have been me. I oc'ed to that movie around that time at the nampa edwards... hmmmm
Do you possibly remember the rig that was being carried? I normally carry my SW1911 in a blackhawk serpa.

and yes, i know they have the policy posted, but no one has stopped me or said anything yet!
I did notice that it was a 1911 style pistol in a Serpa, and if memory serves the person OCing had an extra mag and a flashlight on the weak side.