• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

smith & wesson M&P

mavcat

imported post

Anyone having any problems with these? I just got the .45 version recently and noticed it wont allow me to load a mag with the slide closed (not locked back) which is kind of annoying, and i noticed it is also shooting low, about 4-6 inches from where i am aiming consistently ...

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

mavcat wrote:
Anyone having any problems with these? I just got the .45 version recently and noticed it wont allow me to load a mag with the slide closed (not locked back) which is kind of annoying, and i noticed it is also shooting low, about 4-6 inches from where i am aiming consistently ...

2 things:

1. read the manual

2. call S&W if you don't find the answer

By Email: qa@smith-wesson.com

By Telephone:
1-800-331-0852 (USA)
Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM Eastern Time

1-413-781-8300 (International)
Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM Eastern Time

By Fax:
1-413-747-3317 (USA)
1-413-731-8980 (International)

By Mail:
Smith & Wesson
2100 Roosevelt Avenue
Springfield, MA 01104

LordJim

imported post

mavcat wrote:

I have an M&P 9 and can say that it's harder to load with the action closed, but it's not impossible, it just requires a bit more force.

However, as the previous poster said, if you think you're having problems with your weapon then the prudent thing to do would be to consult an expert, and you probably don't get much more expert with this particular pistol than Smith and Wesson.

-
Jim

apcci2

imported post

More than likely, there is nothing wrong with the gun. The M&P needs to be broken in a little. It will be difficult to load the mag the first few times, but eventually it will become smooth. I own 4 of them, they are all alike.

jbone

imported post

mavcat wrote:

A couple good threads on the Smith & Wesson Forum addresssingthe shooting low issue, you may want to check it out http://www.smith-wessonforum.com/