• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

60 Minutes - Officer Herrera Goes Public

LEO 229

imported post

It is sad.....

Chicago is a whole other world.

They do things differently that are not condoned by other departments in the nation. They have a high crime rate and they were aggressive... but some went way too far to get the job done.

These are some seriously rotten apples.

Something to keep in mind.... there are about6 that were reported as involved.

The Chicago Police Department had, at the end of 2005, 13,323 sworn police officers.

1% is 133 cops. So thesecops are way less than 1% of the entire department.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
This story makes me sick. Disgusted. And there are GOOD Cops out there :question:...:banghead:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/05/30/60minutes/main4139413.shtml

TJ
Chicago has long been know to have perhaps the most corrupt LE organization(s) in the country.. as well as their city hall. This goes back many decades. So this activity does not surprise me at all. Personally, I would not lose any sleep if some of the bad LEO's wound up on the receiving end of a muzzle blast. Bad is bad and knows no boundries.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

I don't want this to be "cop-bashing" thread but it is just NOT right how they believe or are MADE to believe that they are so WAY above the Law and can do ANYTHING they want.

TJ

LEO 229

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
I don't want this to be "cop-bashing" thread but it is just NOT right how they believe or are MADE to believe that they are so WAY above the Law and can do ANYTHING they want.

TJ
Unfortunately, their actions to get the job done were known and applauded. It seems that they were after criminals but along the way they stole money.

Criminals all believe the laws do not apply to them.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:

TJ
Unfortunately, their actions to get the job done were known and applauded. It seems that they were after criminals but along the way they stole money.

Criminals all believe the laws do not apply to them.

I will give Officer Herrera some benefit due the fact that he did understand in the end when he was NOT comfortable of the taking of lives, although his "HERO" cop friend, wanted to take not ONLY 2, 4 but MULTIPLE lives. How can a person get to that mind set LEO as he/she is an Officer to "uphold" the Law. Can you shed some light and understanding since you do understand the LEO side.

TJ

MetalChris

imported post

I'm surprised that any of you are shocked at all. We all know that most big city PDs are corrupt. No shocker here.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"Meanwhile, Mayor Richard Daley has already established a new office-under his authority- to handle complaints against police officers, which he says should help prevent future scandals."

Typical Chicago - prevent the scandal not the scandalous behavior. Truly beneath contempt in every way.