Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops in the District of Criminals Get Semi-Auto Carbines

Post imported post

Post imported post

All in the name of officer safety. The cops need semi auto rifles but the citizens need no guns at all. So everyone is a second class citizen except those elected to office, the rich, the politically connected and the cops. Again this applies;

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of public safety and National Defense.”

Post imported post

Remember the cops are here to protect you.But what people fail to realize is they can't do anything to help you unless a crime is commited first.So why not take everyones guns away so that we can be helpless to the thugs.

Post imported post

Isn't there something in the Constitution about them not being able to do that?

Post imported post

Umm ya whats left of the constitution but little do people know the patriot act 2 took away most of our rights and habeaus corpus all in thename of terrorism.

Post imported post

bayfire66 wrote:
    Umm ya whats left of the constitution but little do people know the patriot act 2 took away most of our rights and habeaus corpus all in thename of terrorism.
    I repeat;

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of public safety and National Defense.”

Post imported post

What does any of this have to do with Washington? You would get more and better replies if you posted it in General or News.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    What does any of this have to do with Washington? You would get more and better replies if you posted it in General or News
    Probably. Interesting read though. I don't generally care what guns cops have as long as I can get one too.

No Class III guns in this state, but your typical cop in Oly has a 9mm, .40, or .45, plus a Remington 870 and a Oly Arms CAR, so I'm happy. I can get everything they can.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    Mainsail wrote:
    What does any of this have to do with Washington? You would get more and better replies if you posted it in General or News
    Probably. Interesting read though. I don't generally care what guns cops have as long as I can get one too.

No Class III guns in this state, but your typical cop in Oly has a 9mm, .40, or .45, plus a Remington 870 and a Oly Arms CAR, so I'm happy. I can get everything they can.

Im pretty sure the SWAT, SRT teams have Class III. There is (or was) a picture of puyallup pdSRT in the puyallup applebees. Im sure one of them has an MP5 in the low-ready.

But as far as regular patrol i've never seen them with a C3 item so i think your right there.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Yeah, SWAT have Class III weapons. Beat cops don't as far as I know. In an ideal world, cops and citizens would be as well armed as each other...

Post imported post

I realize I'm nitpicking here, Steve, but we can own both Sound Suppressors (technically a Class III "firearm") and AOW's, such as the Serbu Super Shorty 12 ga pump-action pistol/shotgun. I'm sure the beat cops don't normally have either of those and I'd wager that more than a few folks in the state have purchased what they can afford in terms of Class III.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

State Researcher

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    I realize I'm nitpicking here, Steve, but we can own both Sound Suppressors (technically a Class III "firearm") and AOW's, such as the Serbu Super Shorty 12 ga pump-action pistol/shotgun. I'm sure the beat cops don't normally have either of those and I'd wager that more than a few folks in the state have purchased what they can afford in terms of Class III.
    You are nitpicking What I meant was full auto weapons. My bad.

I'm toying with getting a Serbu when I can scare up the money. Wonder how much trouble I would have with Chief Michel over that?

Post imported post

rysa wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    Mainsail wrote:

Im pretty sure the SWAT, SRT teams have Class III. There is (or was) a picture of puyallup pdSRT in the puyallup applebees. Im sure one of them has an MP5 in the low-ready.

But as far as regular patrol i've never seen them with a C3 item so i think your right there.
    There's a SGT in Fife that has a G18, and they don't even have a "SWAT" division.

Post imported post

Asking a cop to do his job is like asking a pollitician to tell the truth, Its just not gunna happen, Then can have all my guns.............AMMO FIRST

It would just be un-american to hand over your guns unless your one of the sheeple then its totally cool to bend to the will of your nazi master.

Live free or die........

Post imported post

jarhead, you're painting with quite a wide brush there.... Not all cops are bad, just as not all politicians are bad.

Please respect those Law Officers we are fortunate enough to have on these forums, as I'm sure you'd ask them to be respectful, in kind, to you.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I can see your point but it takes 1 bad encounter from either to make a bad enough taste in ones mouth to never forget, Naturally i take both on a case to case basis.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Moved to news because we don't have a "Holy crap is this really happening in America?" section...

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    Moved to news because we don't have a "Holy crap is this really happening in America?" section...

LOL... But I have mixed feelings about that statement

Post imported post

What I find obnoxiously amazing is the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act allows officers to carry weapons nationally because they're trained in firearms usage and need to remain "safe," even though there are local officers to protect them, yet military personnel, who are far better trained than SWAT teams, are stripped of weapons in every possible way by the government.

Post imported post

Pointman wrote:
    What I find obnoxiously amazing is the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act allows officers to carry weapons nationally because they're trained in firearms usage and need to remain "safe," even though there are local officers to protect them, yet military personnel, who are far better trained than SWAT teams, are stripped of weapons in every possible way by the government.
    There is another aspect to this that you may have missed. It is the simple fact that if an Officer is qualified to carry a weapon on and off duty in a specific area, why should they not be able to do so in another state or area.

An off duty Officer retains all the powers of an on duty Officer, and can exercise them anytime even outside their jurisdiction. What LEOSA does is provide an added layer of covert Police coverage, without costing anyone more money. It increases the chances that there will be an off duty Cop whocan deal with a dangerous situation at any given place and time.

I take exception to "military personnel" being far better trained than Swat teams, or even your average Cop for that matter.
    Military personnel are trained to operate with firearms in a specific (wartime) environment and have a very different objective. As for training, we are talking about two very different objectives. "Friendly fire" is an accepted fact in the Military, but is absolutely not acceptable inany Police realm. The shoot/don't shoot standards are very different.

A soldier may be more proficient on a battlefield, but city streets are not a war zone, and require different more refined tactics.
    If you have to fight, do not fear death. We will all die one day, so fight skillfully and bravely! And if it is to be that you die, then at least go to God proudly. Meet him as the proud warrior that you are, and not as a sniveling coward. Nobody lives forever.

Post imported post

Johnny Law wrote:
    It is the simple fact that if an Officer is qualified to carry a weapon on and off duty in a specific area, why should they not be able to do so in another state or area.
    Let's just rephrase this a little bit:

If a civilian is qualified to carry a weapon in a specific area, why shouldthat personnot be able to do so in another state or area?

OR:

If I'm licensed to carry a weapon concealed (or open)in Washington State, why should I not be able to do so in another state?

Post imported post

You would think that the "full faith and credit" clause would cover that, but not necessarily so. They'll recognize your wife or your drivers license, but not your gun permit, without a formal reciprocity agreement. I don't get it either.

-ljp

Post imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
    Johnny Law wrote:
    It is the simple fact that if an Officer is qualified to carry a weapon on and off duty in a specific area, why should they not be able to do so in another state or area.
    Let's just rephrase this a little bit:

If a civilian is qualified to carry a weapon in a specific area, why shouldthat personnot be able to do so in another state or area?

OR:

If I'm licensed to carry a weapon concealed (or open)in Washington State, why should I not be able to do so in another state?
    I mean neither you nor anyone on this forum any disrespect, but not all who are licensed to carry, are truly qualified to carry. Let me go on to say that in my opinion the folks on this board are likely more qualified to carry than joe average citizen.

Personally I have no problem with extending that privelige to non LE, but I don't see the Govt. ever taking it there. The reason that they allowed LE to carry nationally is because these are people who carry every day, and earn their living with a gun on their hip. Most of them carry off duty anyway, and as I stated it provides a free layer of security (not just to themsellves but to others as well). It is not a citizens job to provide protection to others, and most agree that they carry for personal defense. This is the primary reason Cops carry off duty, but they also have the training and experience to deal with deadly situations that may not even involve them. It greatly increases the odds that an armed/trained (off duty) Officer will be in the area when the SHTF.

If you have to fight, do not fear death. We will all die one day, so fight skillfully and bravely! And if it is to be that you die, then at least go to God proudly. Meet him as the proud warrior that you are, and not as a sniveling coward. Nobody lives forever.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Yep. As I keep saying, "Either we are equal or we are not." You decide. We can be equal or I can be superior.

Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    Yep. As I keep saying, "Either we are equal or we are not." You decide. We can be equal or I can be superior.

Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******
    If you wish to seen as equal in your Governments eyes, then you would have to become an Officer. Otherwise how are they to know or judge your training and abilities?

If you feel you are superior, you are a ******* in everyone's eyes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast