• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cops in the District of Criminals Get Semi-Auto Carbines

Bear 45/70

imported post

All in the name of officer safety. The cops need semi auto rifles but the citizens need no guns at all. So everyone is a second class citizen except those elected to office, the rich, the politically connected and the cops. Again this applies;

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of public safety and National Defense.”

bayfire66

imported post

Remember the cops are here to protect you.But what people fail to realize is they can't do anything to help you unless a crime is commited first.So why not take everyones guns away so that we can be helpless to the thugs.

Bear 45/70

imported post

bayfire66 wrote:
Umm ya whats left of the constitution but little do people know the patriot act 2 took away most of our rights and habeaus corpus all in thename of terrorism.

I repeat;

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of public safety and National Defense.”

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Mainsail wrote:
What does any of this have to do with Washington? You would get more and better replies if you posted it in General or News
Probably. Interesting read though. I don't generally care what guns cops have as long as I can get one too.

No Class III guns in this state, but your typical cop in Oly has a 9mm, .40, or .45, plus a Remington 870 and a Oly Arms CAR, so I'm happy. I can get everything they can.

rysa

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
What does any of this have to do with Washington? You would get more and better replies if you posted it in General or News
Probably. Interesting read though. I don't generally care what guns cops have as long as I can get one too.

No Class III guns in this state, but your typical cop in Oly has a 9mm, .40, or .45, plus a Remington 870 and a Oly Arms CAR, so I'm happy. I can get everything they can.

Im pretty sure the SWAT, SRT teams have Class III. There is (or was) a picture of puyallup pdSRT in the puyallup applebees. Im sure one of them has an MP5 in the low-ready.

But as far as regular patrol i've never seen them with a C3 item so i think your right there.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Yeah, SWAT have Class III weapons. Beat cops don't as far as I know. In an ideal world, cops and citizens would be as well armed as each other...

just_a_car

imported post

I realize I'm nitpicking here, Steve, but we can own both Sound Suppressors (technically a Class III "firearm") and AOW's, such as the Serbu Super Shorty 12 ga pump-action pistol/shotgun. I'm sure the beat cops don't normally have either of those and I'd wager that more than a few folks in the state have purchased what they can afford in terms of Class III.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

just_a_car wrote:
I realize I'm nitpicking here, Steve, but we can own both Sound Suppressors (technically a Class III "firearm") and AOW's, such as the Serbu Super Shorty 12 ga pump-action pistol/shotgun. I'm sure the beat cops don't normally have either of those and I'd wager that more than a few folks in the state have purchased what they can afford in terms of Class III.
You are nitpicking:) What I meant was full auto weapons. My bad.

I'm toying with getting a Serbu when I can scare up the money. Wonder how much trouble I would have with Chief Michel over that?

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

rysa wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Mainsail wrote:

Im pretty sure the SWAT, SRT teams have Class III. There is (or was) a picture of puyallup pdSRT in the puyallup applebees. Im sure one of them has an MP5 in the low-ready.

But as far as regular patrol i've never seen them with a C3 item so i think your right there.
There's a SGT in Fife that has a G18, and they don't even have a "SWAT" division.

jarhead1911A

imported post

Asking a cop to do his job is like asking a pollitician to tell the truth, Its just not gunna happen, Then can have all my guns.............AMMO FIRST

It would just be un-american to hand over your guns unless your one of the sheeple then its totally cool to bend to the will of your nazi master.

Live free or die........

just_a_car

imported post

jarhead, you're painting with quite a wide brush there.... Not all cops are bad, just as not all politicians are bad.

Please respect those Law Officers we are fortunate enough to have on these forums, as I'm sure you'd ask them to be respectful, in kind, to you.

jarhead1911A

imported post

I can see your point but it takes 1 bad encounter from either to make a bad enough taste in ones mouth to never forget, Naturally i take both on a case to case basis.

Pointman

imported post

What I find obnoxiously amazing is the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act allows officers to carry weapons nationally because they're trained in firearms usage and need to remain "safe," even though there are local officers to protect them, yet military personnel, who are far better trained than SWAT teams, are stripped of weapons in every possible way by the government.

Johnny Law

imported post

Pointman wrote:
What I find obnoxiously amazing is the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act allows officers to carry weapons nationally because they're trained in firearms usage and need to remain "safe," even though there are local officers to protect them, yet military personnel, who are far better trained than SWAT teams, are stripped of weapons in every possible way by the government.
There is another aspect to this that you may have missed. It is the simple fact that if an Officer is qualified to carry a weapon on and off duty in a specific area, why should they not be able to do so in another state or area.

An off duty Officer retains all the powers of an on duty Officer, and can exercise them anytime even outside their jurisdiction. What LEOSA does is provide an added layer of covert Police coverage, without costing anyone more money. It increases the chances that there will be an off duty Cop whocan deal with a dangerous situation at any given place and time.

I take exception to "military personnel" being far better trained than Swat teams, or even your average Cop for that matter.
Military personnel are trained to operate with firearms in a specific (wartime) environment and have a very different objective. As for training, we are talking about two very different objectives. "Friendly fire" is an accepted fact in the Military, but is absolutely not acceptable inany Police realm. The shoot/don't shoot standards are very different.

A soldier may be more proficient on a battlefield, but city streets are not a war zone, and require different more refined tactics.