• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UK anti-gunner stabbed to death

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/west_yorkshire/7430668.stm

The grandson of prominent anti-gun campaigner Pat Regan has been arrested on suspicion of stabbing her to death.
Mrs Regan, 53, was discovered at the property on Marlborough Grange in the Hyde Park area of Leeds on Sunday.
The mother-of-six started campaigning against gun crime when her son Danny was shot dead in 2002.
...Mrs Regan's friend Sylvester Johnson, 74, said: "She didn't want any young people to get caught up in the trouble that her son got caught up in.

Her son evidently asked for trouble and got it. Too bad she couldn't see that a person's inclinations are much more to blame than the tools they happen to have available.

John

imported post

The mother-of-six started campaigning against gun crime when her son Danny was shot dead in 2002.

She should have campaigned against lousy parenting.

MamaLiberty

imported post

John wrote:

She should have campaigned against lousy parenting.
I wish it was that simple.

Each person must take personal responsibility for themselves, regardless of what their parents did or didn't do... I raised two boys identically. One can't control his temper or his drinking... the other has no problems with these things.

Both are now in their 40s. They are totally responsible for themselves - and they know it.

This woman has used her tragedy to advance an agenda that I'm sure she had long before that time. It's an excuse to further the control of other people, nothing more.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Looks like her murdered son was quite the piece of sh... er work:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6938309.stm

When Danny Regan was shot dead a few days before Christmas in 2002, he was not mourned by many beyond his close family and friends.
o.gif

After all he was a drug dealer who carried a gun and wore a bullet-proof vest because of the treacherous circles he moved in.

VICTIM OF GUN CRIME
_44048151_dannyregan203.jpg
Name: Danny Regan Date: 12 Dec 2002 Age: 25 Place: St Helens, Merseyside
[line]
Now this woman gets murdered by her 20 year old grandson who apparently had stabbed at least one other person. She was indeed hell bent on controlling other people when she has proven she cannot control violent, criminal members of her own family. Pathetic.

I_Hate_Illinois

imported post

deepdiver wrote:

When Danny Regan was shot dead a few days before Christmas in 2002, he was not mourned by many beyond his close family and friends.
o.gif

After all he was a drug dealer who carried a gun and wore a bullet-proof vest because of the treacherous circles he moved in.

VICTIM OF GUN CRIME
[line]
Now this woman gets murdered by her 20 year old grandson who apparently had stabbed at least one other person. She was indeed hell bent on controlling other people when she has proven she cannot control violent, criminal members of her own family. Pathetic.
Damn it, Diver! I'm just getting over pneumonia and my stomach muscles are already gone from coughing as it is and now I'm pissing all over myself!

Weak 9mm

imported post

_44048084_patreganposter203long.jpg

Good guys live by the gun... Criminals die by the bullet... Doesn't sound too unreasonable to me.

Both of the guys in the picture look just fine to me. I really like how they dressed in opposite colors too.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wow, Raised a Drugdealer, Gangbanger son. Probly mainly raised the grandson who killed her...

I know this is harsh, but I'm kinda glad that her influence cannot reach any more people.

possumboy

imported post

DopaVash wrote:
Wow, Raised a Drugdealer, Gangbanger son. Probly mainly raised the grandson who killed her...

I know this is harsh, but I'm kinda glad that her influence cannot reach any more people.

I agree with you that she was part of the problem.

This mentality shows the core of all that is wrong with then gun control crowd. They believe they can prevent crime and deaths by focusing on the tool, not the person using the tool.

Instead of fighting for more gun control, her time would have been better spent providing drug education, teaching her son and possibly grandson/murderer right from wrong.

Way to many people believe a gun is dangerous, not enough spend that time educating children to responsible citizens and good neighbors. That would solve a lot of the problems - and she might still be alive with her family.

Thors_Mitersaw

imported post

I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
deepdiver wrote:

o.gif

VICTIM OF GUN CRIME
[line]
Damn it, Diver! I'm just getting over pneumonia and my stomach muscles are already gone from coughing as it is and now I'm pissing all over myself!
violent criminal or black market entrepreneur?

to hell with drug laws