• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am coming back to the state I love!

kbeazzy

imported post

Howdy Guys I am coming home to Texas in Aug:celebrate to spend time with my family before I go to Iraq for a year. I am now stationed in Norfolk Va and we can open carry all day. I also have my permit to conceal also but can I open carry in the great state of TEXAS?:D

kbeazzy

imported post

So I got another question since I got my permit can at least carry my handgun conceal?:banghead:

UTOC-45-44

imported post

kbeazzy wrote:
So I got another question since I got my permit can at least carry my handgun conceal?:banghead:

Is that a VA permit or a TX permit ??

Texas has reciprocity with VA, if it's a VA permit you got.

[align=center]
CHL Reciprocity
This information is provided as a public service. State laws concerning firearms and concealed hangun licenses vary widely, and we can not take responsibility for this advisory information. Please consult the state police in any state where you are considering carrying. [/align]
The rules you learned in a Texas Concealed Handgun Course concerning where you can and cannot carry on your CHL do not apply if you are carrying on your Texas license in a reciprocal state. You must follow the rules for that state. See the information links below.
Texas Reciprocity Agreements
These links will open in a new window. Close the window to return.

Alabama, as of August 8, 2006. [DPS Notice] [Alabama CHL Information]
Alaska, as of September 26, 2005. [DPS Notice] [Alaska CHL Information]
Arizona, as of September 15, 1999. [DPS Notice] [Arizona CHL Information]
Arkansas, as of February 18, 1998. [DPS Notice] [Arkansas CHL Information]
Colorado, as of December 29, 2004. [DPS Notice] [Colorado CHL Information]
Deleware, as of November 1, 2005. [DPS Notice] [Deleware CHL Information]
Florida, as of August 28, 2000. [DPS Notice] [Florida CHL Information]
Georgia, as of November 22, 2004. [DPS Notice] [Georgia CHL Information]
Idaho, as of April 19, 2004. [DPS Notice] [Idaho CHL Information]
Indiana, as of November 2, 2005. [DPS Notice] [Indiana CHL Information]
Kansas, as of January 30, 2007. [DPS Notice] [Kansas CHL Information]
Kentucky, as of September 26, 2000. [DPS Notice] [Kentucky CHL Information]
Louisiana, as of August 28, 1998. [DPS Notice] [Louisiana CHL Information]
Michigan, as of September 1, 2005. [DPS Notice] [Michigan CHL Information]
Mississippi, as of September 7, 2004. [DPS Notice] [Mississippi CHL Information]
Missouri, as of September 6, 2005. [DPS Notice] [Missouri CHL Information]
Montana, as of November 29, 2004. [DPS Notice] [Montana CHL Information]
New Mexico, as of November 30, 2005. [DPS Notice] [New Mexico CHL Information]
North Carolina, as of April 19, 2004. [DPS Notice] [North Carolina CHL Information]
North Dakota, as of February 4, 2005. [DPS Notice] [North Dakota CHL Information More information]
Oklahoma, as of July 24, 1998. [DPS Notice] [Oklahoma CHL Information]
Pennsylvania, as of February 28, 2005. [DPS Notice] [Pennsylvania CHL Information]
South Carolina, as of February 25, 2005. [DPS Notice] [North Carolina CHL Information]
South Dakota, as of September 6, 2005. [DPS Notice] [South Dakota CHL Information]
Tennessee, as of August 30, 2000. [DPS Notice] [Tennessee CHL Information]
Utah, as of September 3, 2004. [DPS Notice] [Utah CHL Information]
Virginia, as of September 1, 2005. [DPS Notice] [Virginia CHL Information]
Wyoming, as of July 25, 2002. [DPS Notice] [Wyoming CHL Information]

Under Texas law the Attorney General is required to provide a list of states that require the NICS (National Instant Check System) check. Licensees from these states will be allowed to carry in Texas. People holding California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington CHLs may now carry in Texas.
For more reciprocity information see the DPS document at http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/reciprocity.htm.

©2007; Texas Concealed Handgun Association. Contact TCHA.

Page updated 02/29/2008
TJ

kbeazzy

imported post

I will. Thanks for thegun lesson now I just gotta buy a concealed holster:cuss: man I love this forum:celebrate