• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Minimum Age

xmirage2kx

imported post

HAPPY wrote:
rocknsnow wrote:
xmirage2kx wrote:
Yes you can OC (Or get a maine permit and CC - See B1ack5mith for details) at age 18.
Having the main permit is great. I oc now and it is loaded. And when certain situations come up I have the ability to cc now. The maine permit is easy to get. Just need to be 18, fill out a little paperwork, get some photos and send it off.

wher wold i go to do that just a gun shop
http://[highlight= #ffff88]maine[/highlight].gov/dps/msp/licenses/weapons_permits.html

HAPPY

imported post

xmirage2kx wrote:
HAPPY wrote:
rocknsnow wrote:
xmirage2kx wrote:
Yes you can OC (Or get a maine permit and CC - See B1ack5mith for details) at age 18.
Having the main permit is great. I oc now and it is loaded. And when certain situations come up I have the ability to cc now. The maine permit is easy to get. Just need to be 18, fill out a little paperwork, get some photos and send it off.

wher wold i go to do that just a gun shop
http://[highlight= #ffff88]maine.gov/dps/msp/licenses/weapons_permits.html
does the Maine non-resident permit let me cc in Utah or does it just help me oc

swillden

imported post

HAPPY wrote:
does the Maine non-resident permit let me cc in Utah or does it just help me oc
Utah regards any permit, issued by any state or county, as equivalent to its own CFP. So whatever you can do with a Utah CFP, you can also do with a Maine permit -- with one possible exception that arises from federal law, not state law.

The federal Gun Free School Zones Act makes it a crime to possess a gun on or within 1000 feet of a K-12 school, but it provides an exemption for people licensed to carry by the state in which the school resides. So a Utah CFP definitely allows you to carry in K-12 schools in Utah. A non-Utah permit MAY allow you to carry in K-12 schools in Utah -- it depends on how a court interprets the word "license" in the federal law.

The federal law doesn't address post-secondary schools, and Utah law specifically allows carry there, with any permit, so you're good to carry at colleges and universities with a Maine permit. CC or OC doesn't matter, except that the school may try to hassle you for OC.

rocknsnow

imported post

You need to download the packet of paperwork from the maine state website, here is that link.

http://www.maine.gov/dps/msp/licenses/weapons_permits.html

Make sure you download the "non-resident packet".

You will also need to attend a Concealed Course here in Utah. FBMG does them from free for students, teachers, military...

You add the paper you get from the class to the packet. Add your $60 and send if off. You should have the permit with in a few months.

If you got questions let me know.

thx997303

imported post

Wait, FBMG does them free for the Military? Why didn't anybody tell me this sooner?

Do they have a website?

HAPPY

imported post

rocknsnow wrote:
You need to download the packet of paperwork from the maine state website, here is that link.

http://www.maine.gov/dps/msp/licenses/weapons_permits.html

Make sure you download the "non-resident packet".

You will also need to attend a Concealed Course here in Utah. FBMG does them from free for students, teachers, military...

You add the paper you get from the class to the packet. Add your $60 and send if off. You should have the permit with in a few months.

If you got questions let me know.
What does FBMG stand for im not sur wher to go i looked at classes at impact but thay say you have to be 21 to take it

thx997303

imported post

If you wanna inquire about the classes, You should call Cabela's because that's where they do them apparently.

I was talking to them, and decided to ask the stupid, "should I bring a gun to class" question, just to see what they would say.

The guy said "Don't take a gun to Cabela's!" In a really alarmed tone. I would have asked him why, but the way he said it was so comical, I had to get off the phone so I wouldn't laugh at him.

GeneticsDave

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
The guy said "Don't take a gun to Cabela's!" In a really alarmed tone. I would have asked him why, but the way he said it was so comical, I had to get off the phone so I wouldn't laugh at him.
Darn, you should have asked him. I've OC'ed at Cabelas many times with no problems, even just last week. You are free to do so. Next time get his name and ask him to explain himself. Then ask to speak with the store manager about the employee giving out opinion as policy. Cabelas national policy is to abide by the local laws in the state wherein the store is located.

thx997303

imported post

Yeah, I knew their policy. I really should have asked him. But as I said, I was trying not to laugh at him.