• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Open Carry Day

Dahwg

imported post

I came accorss this: http://www.patriotpages.net/nationalopencarry.htm

Basically a national open carry day and weekend over the July 4th weekend. Who would be interested in getting T-Shirts made up that say something like:

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be abridged."

National Open Carry Day 2008

www.opencarry.org

I don't know where we can get these made and in people's hands before then, but what say ye?

Legba

imported post

Make it "infringed" instead of "abridged" and I might consider it. I'm a stickler for authenticity where the Bill of Rights is concerned. Hell, add the "well-regulated militia" clause for that matter. Make people think for a change.

-ljp

Dahwg

imported post

of course infringed. I think I typed that faster than my brain could think- multi-tasking at work today. :lol:

Dahwg

imported post

hehe yeh for most of us here, yes. But for some of the more timid types, this may be the impetus they need to get out of their shell.

MFuess

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
I came accorss this: http://www.patriotpages.net/nationalopencarry.htm

Basically a national open carry day and weekend over the July 4th weekend. Who would be interested in getting T-Shirts made up that say something like:

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be abridged."

National Open Carry Day 2008

http://www.opencarry.org

I don't know where we can get these made and in people's hands before then, but what say ye?
Hell YES!

Dahwg

imported post

It looks like I can create and put something up at cafepress.com. I've done graphic design work in the past, but never a t-shirt. :what:

I'll try my hand at it and put something up there. I'll set it up with 0% mark-up, andI'm thinking black logo t-shirts. I'll put up a link when I have it done. If anyone knows of a way to get these distributed at a lower cost, please let me know because cafepress seems a bit on the pricey side. Also, I'm hoping it's ok with the fine folks of this board if I plug the site?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
It looks like I can create and put something up at cafepress.com. I've done graphic design work in the past, but never a t-shirt. :what:

I'll try my hand at it and put something up there. I'll set it up with 0% mark-up, andI'm thinking black logo t-shirts. I'll put up a link when I have it done. If anyone knows of a way to get these distributed at a lower cost, please let me know because cafepress seems a bit on the pricey side. Also, I'm hoping it's ok with the fine folks of this board if I plug the site?

Do it with an American flag or something in the background or the Constitution. Just an idea.

TJ

unreconstructed1

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Dahwg wrote:

Do it with an American flag or something in the background or the Constitution. Just an idea.

TJ

maybe crossed carry pistols with a constitution background?

I could help design something, since I'm fairly decent with image editing myself, if it would help...

Dahwg

imported post

I was thinking I would do the constitution. But yes the crossed pistols is an excellent idea. And anyone who wants to do some graphics work feel free to do so. The more the merrier.