• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Am I Being Detained?

nosliw

imported post

so did he get out of his car right after he turned the camera to the left a little?

i don't see the point in making these men/women job any harder than it already is.

them-are you an American citizen?
me-hell yeah!
them-have a good day.

thewise1

imported post

nosliw wrote:
so did he get out of his car right after he turned the camera to the left a little?

i don't see the point in making these men/women job any harder than it already is.

me-hell yeah!
them-have a good day.
I don't see their point in making my travels any harder than they already are, personally.

XD45PlusP

imported post

nosliw wrote:

me-hell yeah!
them-have a good day.
No he didn't get out of his car. The point is not that it's making their jobs harder, the point is that there are protections in the Constitution for all, and you need to start exercising these rights! So when Everett PD, or Sno Co PD harrass you, you need to be aware of your rights! Just like Mainsail said......

Wheelgunner

imported post

The point is that 146 miles within the USA you should not have government agents saying "Let me see your papers".

If you like this type of heavy handed documents checking that's great, but don't tell others who love their freedomto roll over and comply.

And I am sure otherpopulations complied, comrade. It used to be optional, but as people learned to comply the demands became fixed in law, till the last freedom was lost, because someone started saying, "Oh come on, they are just hard working stiffs like we are. Let's just get this over with. Why make trouble? Just give the man your papersand then it will be over. See! They just want to load us into these boxcars to move us to a work camp. There is a war on. So we have to wear a star on our sleeve. Is our dignity so precious that we can't bend a little for the fatherland?" Right about then the gas gets turned on.

I also note that more than a few times he has received a few bruises for orally resisting and he has had to file lawsuits where the officers covered their butts by perjuring themselves by stating he"lunged at them". That is the problem with cameras, theylet everyone see.

Just wait till they start having gun checkpoints and see how you like it. Questions like, "Comrade, why do you need to carry a gun, eh?Are to trying to shoot a cop?"

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Wheelgunner wrote:
The point is that 146 miles within the USA you should not have government agents saying "Let me see your papers".

If you like this type of heavy handed documents checking that's great, but don't tell others who love their freedomto roll over and comply.

And I am sure otherpopulations complied, comrade. It used to be optional, but as people learned to comply the demands became fixed in law, till the last freedom was lost, because someone started saying, "Oh come on, they are just hard working stiffs like we are. Let's just get this over with. Why make trouble? Just give the man your papersand then it will be over. See! They just want to load us into these boxcars to move us to a work camp. There is a war on. So we have to wear a star on our sleeve. Is our dignity so precious that we can't bend a little for the fatherland?" Right about then the gas gets turned on.
You are missing my point. I'm not going to sit with a cop outside my window, and roll the window up and down as I'm talking, or create a hostile enviorment right off the bat.

That guy in the video did. That doesn't help his case, or anybody elses. "Am I being detained? What for? Thank you sir, I'll leave now." Seems easy, but idiot boy wanted a film to put on youtube to show what a bad fellow he was.

Wheelgunner

imported post

"Hostile" will be defined as resisting.

And why shouldn't you be a little annoyed that some officious ass is pulling you over? That they want to see your papers? That when you even hint that you want to know what is going on, they immediately tell you to pull your car off the road for a more through going over (see the film again). The moment they felt that this guy wasnot going to bend over and take it, they tried to sequester him in the "inspection lane" for a moreintense session. Saying FU to an illegal search is not illegal and nor should it be immoral.

I also love the "We have taken down you licence plate and will find out who you are." Comment. Right out of a 1950's movie, just without the German accent.

Give me a Break!

XD45PlusP

imported post

SV, when is enough, enough? How much is too much for you? Cause seriously, you seem like the type of guy who would take whatever anyone does to you, whether it be LEO's, or "The Gubment"

I realize salespeople have to "please" the customer, or whomever but this is RIDICULOUS.

Yeah let's work with em. I fail to see how anyone could work with Tyranny.

CC27

imported post

Wheelgunner wrote:
"Hostile" will be defined as resisting.

And why shouldn't you be a little annoyed that some officious ass is pulling you over? That they want to see your papers? That when you even hint that you want to know what is going on, they immediately tell you to pull your car off the road for a more through going over (see the film again). The moment they felt that this guy wasnot going to bend over and take it, they tried to sequester him in the "inspection lane" for a moreintense session. Saying FU to an illegal search is not illegal and nor should it be immoral.

Give me a Break!
+1

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

XD45PlusP wrote:
SV, when is enough, enough? How much is too much for you? Cause seriously, you seem like the type of guy who would take whatever anyone does to you, whether it be LEO's, or "The Gubment"

I realize salespeople have to "please" the customer, or whomever but this is RIDICULOUS.

Yeah let's work with em. I fail to see how anyone could work with Tyranny.
Ugh.
Sitting arguing on a dark arizona road or wherever that was, will not change the fact the person was pulled over. Why pull over in the first place if it is all so illegal?
Having "given in" and pulled over in the first place, why have an attitude? Does it help you end the situation faster?

And XD, you are wrong about me "taking" whatever the gubmint hands me. Perhaps you have noticed the lack of bad OC stops coming out of Oly?

I keep on insisiting the same thing, once a cop has you detained, legally or illegally what does it matter to give them your ID? What does it matter to be polite?

Show me a single instance where taking an attitude has ended a stop quickly and in a fashion suitable to the detainee.

But again, my point is ignored in the interests of chest thumping and trying to be a Billy Bad Ass.

I save the politics and rhetoric for when I deal with higher ups.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Ugh.
Sitting arguing on a dark arizona road or wherever that was, will not change the fact the person was pulled over. Why pull over in the first place if it is all so illegal?
Because NOT pulling over when being signaled to do so results in 00-Buck being fired at your tires, and the ever elusive P.I.T. Manuever. (which in this guy's case, might break his video camera)

Mainsail

imported post

Personally I’m glad there are guys out there with the balls and the resources to keep these ‘agents of the government’ in check. Power corrupts.

nosliw

imported post

what's the idea behind this polite resistance?

if you aren't being "detained" (under suspicion of what crime yada yada) then are you obligated to do anything for them or give any information up?

if you're acting in this way, can't a LEO use your suspicious behavior as a reason to do anything he wants? isn't the street a bad place to debate with a power-tripping officer?

i'm not real strong on either side of this, just find it interesting.