• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Outer Banks while on vacation

bobodean

imported post

First..love the OuterBanks. But, its really dark at night and I'd like to be armed while walking my dog(s). Since NC is OC(hey..thats a slogan idea!), can I OC while there on vacation?

Thanks!

OBXMIKE

imported post

Long as you aren't in the natl parks land. If you go south of Nags Head, you gotta be unloaded, broken down and locked in trunk! :banghead:

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

OBXMIKE wrote:
Long as you aren't in the natl parks land. If you go south of Nags Head, you gotta be unloaded, broken down and locked in trunk! :banghead:
Yikes.. that was close! I made it as far south as Nags Head my last trip there.

bobodean

imported post

I am staying in Avon. Can I carry open there? I hope to have my Florida non-resident permit by then..which is reciprocal...can I carry concealed?

Thanks

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

You can conceal anywhere you are allowed to carry concealed in NC with the FL permit. Not familiar with Avon, but if it is not a national park (as it has commercial property on it) you should be OK. Are you going to do any surfing while you're there?

bobodean

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
You can conceal anywhere you are allowed to carry concealed in NC with the FL permit. Not familiar with Avon, but if it is not a national park (as it has commercial property on it) you should be OK. Are you going to do any surfing while you're there?

What about Open carry if my Florida permit doesnt make it in time?

No surfing...maybe some wading in the ocean. Ive had my fill of death defying on a recent canoe trip in West Virginia. We plan to chill by the pool and hot tub, eat, drink, and play guitars. Maybe some sightseeing too.

tracylaud83

imported post

I'm leaving Friday myself for Atlantic Beach.

I checked with their local PD about OC and CC, Of course they said they would prefere CC, but OC is allowed.