• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

17 - Year - Old Found Dead At Apartments On West Sahara

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

http://www.ktnv.com/global/story.asp?s=8414481

Metro Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a 17 - year - old man.
Emergency dispatchers got several calls about shots fired near the Wellington Meadows Apartments at 9550 West Sahara Avenue just before 6am Monday.
Police found a man who had apparently been shot in the torso.
Investigators say the man was confronted by another man concerning damaged vehicles in the complex area.
Police say the victim allegedly pulled a knife on the man.
Officers say that man then shot the victim.
Police did talk to the shooter, but did not arrest him.
The victim's name has not been released yet.
Stay tuned to Action News as we monitor developing news around the Valley.

GJD

imported post

"Police say the victim allegedly pulled a knife on the man."

Shouldn't it be:

"Police say thedumb assallegedly pulled a knife on the man."

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

GJD wrote:

Shouldn't it be:

I just got back from the corner store.. an older lady asked me why I carry a gun.:cuss: I said "Ma'am, did you watch the news today?" she replied in the negative because she was at work. (This was an older lady maybe in her 60's.) I said "Ma'm, today on the news... and this is a real story I'm not making it up... but today an older man, maybe around your age, was worried all day because he'd been calling home to check on his wife all day but she wan't answering the phone. When he got home around 1pm today, he found that she had been strangled to death. http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8404912 I don't want to be next, ma'am. The Police DON'T always get there in time.

Of course her response was :what:

icode

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:

http://www.ktnv.com/global/story.asp?s=8414481

Metro Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a 17 - year - old man.
Emergency dispatchers got several calls about shots fired near the Wellington Meadows Apartments at 9550 West Sahara Avenue just before 6am Monday.
Police found a man who had apparently been shot in the torso.
Investigators say the man was confronted by another man concerning damaged vehicles in the complex area.
Police say the victim allegedly pulled a knife on the man.
Officers say that man then shot the victim.
Police did talk to the shooter, but did not arrest him.
The victim's name has not been released yet.
Stay tuned to Action News as we monitor developing news around the Valley.

And THAT my friends is why my granddad always told me "Never bring a knife to a gun fight!"

tarzan1888

imported post

GJD wrote:

Shouldn't it be:

My thoughts......well not exactly.....but generally.

Tarzan