• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Other check points from a few years ago

phoneguy

imported post

Since every one is talking about check points. I just want to add another time locals were ask for "Papers Please". After 9 11 at Howerth park in Everett (over looking the Everett water front and also the Navel base). There was a tent out post of the Army. If you went into the park to eat lunch walk your dog, Hike ETC, you had a Army soldier ask you for ID. How wise it it to refuse to show your ID then?

thewise1

imported post

phone guy wrote:
Since every one is talking about check points. I just want to add another time locals were ask for "Papers Please". After 9 11 at Howerth park in Everett (over looking the Everett water front and also the Navel base). There was a tent out post of the Army. If you went into the park to eat lunch walk your dog, Hike ETC, you had a Army soldier ask you for ID. How wise it it to refuse to show your ID then?
I would say that is the most important time to refuse, but I can't say I would have done so, for sure.