• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Tools

Outsider

imported post

Over at Utah Concealed Carry they have a topic called "Tools to have ready if you carry openly" by GeneticsDave. So thanks Dave!!!

I'm posting this over here at OCDO because some of our members here don't frequent UCC and can use the same tools, also it was a slight recommendation from another OCDO member.

H.B. 473 -- Firearms Amendments Debate
Dave made an audio file from a Utah House Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Committee that took place on Monday, February 18, 2008. Had some of the "top dogs" of Utah Concealed Carry/Open Carry at the committee debate. Very good listening. I have also written up a transcript for that debate and have made it available to the public so you might hand it out to pesky and uninformed law enforcement officers and others you deem need "educating." (Don't get me wrong, love our peace officers for all they do, but just need a little more education.)

H.B. 473 Official Page
H.B. 473 Audio
H.B. 473 Transcript

ScottyT's Pamphlet
ScottyT made this excellent pamphlet called "Utah Gun Law -- A Quick Reference for Utah Citizens." Very nice indeed! Thanks Scotty!!!

Utah Gun Law Pamphlet

If you have any more tools please post them here and we'll try to keep this updated with all the latest tools (pamphlets, audio files, essays, law cases, letters, etc.).

Legality of Open Carry
This is Bflamante's PDF for the legality of open carry when loaded. "I put the two statutes on the same page for easy and quick reference. A must carry for your picket or wallet when open carry loaded is involved."

Pocket Statute for Open Carry Loaded

Bflamante

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Here is my pdf of the legality of open carry when loaded with a CFP. I put the two statutes on the same page for easy and quick reference. A must carry for your picket or wallet when open carry loaded is involved. This thread is a great idea.

Attachments

• Open Carry Loaded.pdf
    47.2 KB · Views: 210

Outsider

imported post

Bflamante wrote:
Here is my pdf of the legality of open carry when loaded with a CFP. I put the two statutes on the same page for easy and quick reference. A must carry for your picket or wallet when open carry loaded is involved. This thread is a great idea.
I added it to the top of the topic.

thx997303

imported post

Great job Outsider, and I ask that everyone keeps these on them, We want the LEO's to be educated, but who wants to be stopped and harassed?

Keep them on you, always.

Outsider

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Great job Outsider, and I ask that everyone keeps these on them, We want the LEO's to be educated, but who wants to be stopped and harassed?

Thank Dave, he gave the idea. Oh, and TJ wanting the transcript. Thank them.

GeneticsDave

imported post

Outsider wrote:
thx997303 wrote:

But Outsider did all the work - so he should get the credit.

thx997303

imported post

I'll just throw out credit, and if you guys want, you can fight over it like cheap whores,

or you can split it evenly to those who deserve credit, like high class whores.

J/K guys whoever did it thanks

Outsider

imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
Outsider wrote:
thx997303 wrote:

I'M TRYING TO BE HUMBLE HERE!!! :banghead: :p

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Outsider wrote:
GeneticsDave wrote:
Outsider wrote:
thx997303 wrote:

No, it's true Outsider. The credit is all yours. We just happened to "push" at to get done just a little bit faster:lol:...:celebrate

TJ

GeneticsDave

imported post

Outsider wrote:
GeneticsDave wrote:
Outsider wrote:
thx997303 wrote:

I know you are, and I'm throwing it right back at cha! YOU ARE THE MAN OUTSIDER!!! YOU ROCK!!! I didn't do Jack, you are the one who deserves all of thx's pimp credit!

thx997303

imported post

And for almost all of us, the answer would be no.

Or, Are you conducting yourself in a disorderly manner?

Again, NO

Outsider

imported post

Interesting... hmm... I see... I think Title 76 applies more to OC though. And to me they kinda look the same.

swillden

imported post

Outsider wrote:
Interesting... hmm... I see... I think Title 76 applies more to OC though. And to me they kinda look the same.
It appears to me that 10-8-50 grants permission to cities and counties to define their own ordinances for "Disturbing the Peace", and lists the sorts of activities they are allowed to include (disorderly conduct is one of them). So you'd never get cited for violation of 10-8-50, instead you'd be cited for violating a city ordinance. However, I don't see any way an ordinance compliant with 10-8-50 could punish open carry.