• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Tools

scorpioajr

imported post

Outsider wrote:
Over at Utah Concealed Carry they have a topic called "Tools to have ready if you carry openly" by GeneticsDave. So thanks Dave!!!

I'm posting this over here at OCDO because some of our members here don't frequent UCC and can use the same tools, also it was a slight recommendation from another OCDO member.

H.B. 473 -- Firearms Amendments Debate
Dave made an audio file from a Utah House Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Committee that took place on Monday, February 18, 2008. Had some of the "top dogs" of Utah Concealed Carry/Open Carry at the committee debate. Very good listening. I have also written up a transcript for that debate and have made it available to the public so you might hand it out to pesky and uninformed law enforcement officers and others you deem need "educating." (Don't get me wrong, love our peace officers for all they do, but just need a little more education.)

H.B. 473 Official Page
H.B. 473 Audio
H.B. 473 Transcript

ScottyT's Pamphlet
ScottyT made this excellent pamphlet called "Utah Gun Law -- A Quick Reference for Utah Citizens." Very nice indeed! Thanks Scotty!!!

Utah Gun Law Pamphlet

If you have any more tools please post them here and we'll try to keep this updated with all the latest tools (pamphlets, audio files, essays, law cases, letters, etc.).

Legality of Open Carry
This is Bflamante's PDF for the legality of open carry when loaded. "I put the two statutes on the same page for easy and quick reference. A must carry for your picket or wallet when open carry loaded is involved."

Pocket Statute for Open Carry Loaded
Very good stuff.

brokenarrows

imported post

by reading the transcript it seems that some lawmakers didnt know or understand the law well themselves.