Thread: approached state rep for open carry today

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

He wasn't in his office today, but I at least got to discuss the basics with his assistant about open carry.

I hope he gives me a call to discuss further.

Post imported post

In the State of Texas there should be on the books that people can carry on their hip, sholder, leg or just about everywhere on your bod. The law in Texas is as such to where we can keep weapons and not carry visibly. It would be much easier for those of us who have gone through the Concealed Handgun Course to carry openly. It will deter crime, driveby's or road rage to a certain extent if people could carry openly. The other I believe in is that if you have a license to carry you are a responsible person with a gun and shouldn't be denied the privledge of carrying openly. Champion2211

Post imported post

I kind of like the concealed carry theory. You don’t know who has the ability to stop aggression or not. I am not against open carry though but for me I would prefer to carry my gun concealed.

Post imported post

M Magnum wrote:
    I kind of like the concealed carry theory. You don’t know who has the ability to stop aggression or not. I am not against open carry though but for me I would prefer to carry my gun concealed.
    Concealed carry is a good theory -- so is open carry.

Everyone should have the right to make their own choice.