• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And Law Men are the GOOD guys, right ?

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

And the officer very soon thereafter found himself out of a job. The department he worked for was VERY quick to wash their hands of him. This video is now used across the country as exhibit A of what NOT to do.

You fail to mention the other end of the spectrum; what LEOs have to put up with from the general public. Watch this movie: http://youtube.com/watch?v=GHZMoPV1rog&feature=related. This dashcam video is probably the most famous example of the patience being a traffic cop requires.

And how about a few more that show how scary it can be:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X14ID3zybSk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgqrt67CP7U

For those in Dallas, TX, this next one happened just south of the George Bush Turnpike on Hwy 75, heading towards Collin Creek mall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgyoM4MXT5s

You speed, you don't pull over, you get felony stopped, because &#^% like these videos show happens every day.

UTOC, I'm starting to get tired of the cop-bashing, and I'm pretty sure I'm not along (and it's not just me an LEO226). Cops cross the line. Every one of us knows that. We also know that their job is dfficult and dangerous. Police officers die every day trying to get criminals out of society. It's no excuse for the behavior in your video, but it sheds some light on why this happens.

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gotta side with the cop on this one. How a citizen can get away with claiming they didnt know it was a cop when they are in a marked car and full proper uniform is beyond me.

Cop puts his lights on and u stop, its very simple. You choose not to stop and whatever happens is your own fault.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Liko81 wrote:
And the officer very soon thereafter found himself out of a job. The department he worked for was VERY quick to wash their hands of him. This video is now used across the country as exhibit A of what NOT to do.

You fail to mention the other end of the spectrum; what LEOs have to put up with from the general public. Watch this movie: http://youtube.com/watch?v=GHZMoPV1rog&feature=related. This dashcam video is probably the most famous example of the patience being a traffic cop requires.

And how about a few more that show how scary it can be:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X14ID3zybSk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgqrt67CP7U

For those in Dallas, TX, this next one happened just south of the George Bush Turnpike on Hwy 75, heading towards Collin Creek mall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgyoM4MXT5s

You speed, you don't pull over, you get felony stopped, because &#^% like these videos show happens every day.

UTOC, I'm starting to get tired of the cop-bashing, and I'm pretty sure I'm not along (and it's not just me an LEO226). Cops cross the line. Every one of us knows that. We also know that their job is dfficult and dangerous. Police officers die every day trying to get criminals out of society. It's no excuse for the behavior in your video, but it sheds some light on why this happens.

Who said ANYTHING about Cop-bashing??? I didn't.

TJ

sjalterego

imported post

Maybe we should have a free fire zone in which to post things like this that are not really OC related.

I don't know if the OP has a history of posting bad cop videos but based on this posting alone he did NOT engage in cop bashing.

He stated:

"POLICE BRUTALITY --- Highway Trooper Snaps on Poor Women" and posted the video which largely speaks for itself.

Given that the cop was fired over this incident I assume some degree of police "brutality" was found by his agency. Even though the woman may have been partly responsible for the cop's anger, I don't think labelling her as a "poor woman" when she was in fact the victim of an overly agressive/abusive cop is beyond the pale.

If merely posting videos of bad/abusive cops constitutes cop bashing then posting videos showing only the other side of the equation amounts to being an apologist for the police which is just as objectionable.

Having said all that, this video is really only of general interest and I don't see any real need to post it here absent some commentary as to why it is relevant to some issue the OP wants to discuss.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That officer was obviously having a very bad day. Since he lost his job, I'm guessing it was a pattern of behavior.

Ok, so here is the scary part - what if she had been carrying? What if we are faced with an officer that hyped up, gun pulled, behavior over the top, offering no chance to declare your firearm to him? I think I would be sitting there thinking, "If I get out of this car with my gun on he is going to shoot me. If I take it off, he is going to shoot me. If I stay right here for a minute with my hands in clear sight and calmly try to tell him that I am armed, maybe he won't shoot me."

ETA: Trying to pull this on topic for OC as I think such a situation would pose a potentially significant dilema for someone carrying a firearm.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

sjalterego wrote:
Maybe we should have a free fire zone in which to post things like this that are not really OC related.

I don't know if the OP has a history of posting bad cop videos but based on this posting alone he did NOT engage in cop bashing.

He stated:

"POLICE BRUTALITY --- Highway Trooper Snaps on Poor Women" and posted the video which largely speaks for itself.

Given that the cop was fired over this incident I assume some degree of police "brutality" was found by his agency. Even though the woman may have been partly responsible for the cop's anger, I don't think labelling her as a "poor woman" when she was in fact the victim of an overly agressive/abusive cop is beyond the pale.

If merely posting videos of bad/abusive cops constitutes cop bashing then posting videos showing only the other side of the equation amounts to being an apologist for the police which is just as objectionable.

Having said all that, this video is really only of general interest and I don't see any real need to post it here absent some commentary as to why it is relevant to some issue the OP wants to discuss.

To post WITHOUT comments is just a away for everybody to leave their own comments. And I DO KNOW the people in this forum has PLENTY of that to go around.

TJ

GWbiker

imported post

gotta side with the cop on this one. How a citizen can get away with claiming they didnt know it was a cop when they are in a marked car and full proper uniform is beyond me.
After riding motorcycles through most of this country for nearly 45 years, I am firmly convinced that a vast majority of motorists are certified brain dead!

How they are able to legally obtain a drivers license is a matter for another discussion.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

GWbiker wrote:
After riding motorcycles through most of this country for nearly 45 years, I am firmly convinced that a vast majority of motorists are certified brain dead!

How they are able to legally obtain a drivers license is a matter for another discussion.

After riding bicycle through much of this country for 50,000+ miles, I am firmly convinced that the vast majority of motorists are certifiably brain dead.

LEO 229

imported post

This is a very old video. 1996 for crying out load!!

This guy was fired too.

I do not believe this lady was OCing and she did refuse to stop when he activated his emergency equipment.

I would agree.... he did have a short fuse and he should have been fired.

But this thread has no real value here so this thread is closed.