Thread: Federal Court - Tacoma

Post imported post

Does anyone know for a fact if I am allowed to check my firearm at the Federal Court in Tacoma? I won't bring it unless I know for sure I'll be allowed to secure it but I couldn't find if the have facilities to accommodate.

Post imported post

call and ask

Post imported post

Wouldn't that constitute a federal building?
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

yes

Post imported post

Then firearms are not allowed inside at all, correct? Or am I thinking wrong?
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

Correct, no firearms allowed inside, and definitely not subject to the RCW requiring storage to be available.

FWIW, I did inquire via email about firearms storage at the Federal Courthouse in Seattle (some program I was going to attend was being held there.) The short answer: yes they do, but it's only available to LE.

ETA: .... so it couldn't hurt to ask. I don't recommend just showing up, however, unless "So I don't go in today" is OK as a backup plan if the answer there, too, is no.

Post imported post

To enter the court you have to enter the federal building before you reach the screening lines. By the time you reach that area you will already be in violation of law.

Post imported post

So I went to the courthouse today, parked in a private lot and secured my firearm in the glove compartment. Went inside to the security check point where the guy was checking ID's. I asked him if they had an area to store firearms and you could tell he went from condition white to condition orange right away. I told him I wasn't carrying but I knew State courts allowed storage and was just inquiring whether they did as well. He informed me that only LEO's were allowed to secure firearms and that I would need to leave it in my car. Just thought I'd post a definite answer incase anyone else was wondering.