• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Federal Court - Tacoma

G27

imported post

Does anyone know for a fact if I am allowed to check my firearm at the Federal Court in Tacoma? I won't bring it unless I know for sure I'll be allowed to secure it but I couldn't find if the have facilities to accommodate.

kparker

imported post

Correct, no firearms allowed inside, and definitely not subject to the RCW requiring storage to be available.

FWIW, I did inquire via email about firearms storage at the Federal Courthouse in Seattle (some program I was going to attend was being held there.) The short answer: yes they do, but it's only available to LE.

ETA: .... so it couldn't hurt to ask. I don't recommend just showing up, however, unless "So I don't go in today" is OK as a backup plan if the answer there, too, is no.

Crackajack

imported post

To enter the court you have to enter the federal building before you reach the screening lines. By the time you reach that area you will already be in violation of law.

G27

imported post

So I went to the courthouse today, parked in a private lot and secured my firearm in the glove compartment. Went inside to the security check point where the guy was checking ID's. I asked him if they had an area to store firearms and you could tell he went from condition white to condition orange right away. I told him I wasn't carrying but I knew State courts allowed storage and was just inquiring whether they did as well. He informed me that only LEO's were allowed to secure firearms and that I would need to leave it in my car. Just thought I'd post a definite answer incase anyone else was wondering.