Thread: OC of rifle on a motorcycle

Post imported post

So, I've read the statutes and I can't find a clear answer on this....

Would there be any issue in strapping my AR on my back to go to the range while riding the bike?

Thanks
    Jim

Post imported post

My wife and I talked about going to the outdoor range (50+ miles north of Kansas City) on our motorcycle. She asked if I would consider bringing a .22 Marlin rifle. My thought was to put it in a hard case or at minimum the camo soft zipper case it came with. I mentioned that I though a fork mounted rifle scabbard ought to be sufficient.

We had also talked about buying an AR15 from a dealer 75+ miles away and letting me pick it up on the motorcycle; again cased for the return trip.

Uncased on a bike seems to be a "man with a gun" 9-1-1 call waiting to happen.

I'm also interested in others opinions.

Post imported post

If its unloaded, your fine (per statue RSMO 21.750 subsection 3 only lets cities restrict weapons "Readily capable of lethal use" ). Doesn't mean your not going to get stopped.

Post imported post

Shawn,

Thank you for that clarification with 21.750. I hadn't read that. It would definately be unloaded with ammo in the range bag strapped down.

Eh, if I get stopped... I get stopped. It's only about 10 miles to the conservation range.