• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammunition

Mainsail

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
Pistol Grips are garbage on shotguns, especially from a tactical standpoint.

I’ll take exception to the comment that pistol grips on shotguns are garbage. I’ll agree that a pistol grip only configuration is less than optimal. Here’s my 590A1 with the Knoxx recoil reducing stock (and pistol grip). I am a believer in the Knoxx; the recoil reduction is nothing less than amazing. My 100# teenage son shoots it with standard 2¾” shells without discomfort (except when I slipped in a 3” magnum, those will rattle your fillings). Plus the stock LOP is adjustable to his size. Not many people would consider a 12 gauge shotgun a plinker, but mine sure is. The other advantage is that I don’t need to buy ‘reduced recoil’ shells.

0cc2ad6d-e6b2-4fa7-85fd-8e669f7bc0d6.jpg

MountainManXD

imported post

Hey I was at Gallenson's today and they have a pile of700rd 7.62x39spam cans from Romania. I picked one up for 149.95 + tax. That is the way to go if you are saving it for a rainy day, or a shtf type of situation. They will probably still have them for a little while. Good luck.

P.S. They have 500rds for $105

thx997303

imported post

Which knoxx is that one? I have decided to get a mossberg 500 or some such like that, and I am going to eventually be getting the one with two barrells and the pistol grip and the stock. It costs about the same as their tactical one with the car stock, but the barrels are almost $200 whereas those stocks are a lot cheaper.

Get more stuff, pay less money. That's what I want to do.

Mainsail

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Which knoxx is that one? I have decided to get a mossberg 500 or some such like that, and I am going to eventually be getting the one with two barrells and the pistol grip and the stock. It costs about the same as their tactical one with the car stock, but the barrels are almost $200 whereas those stocks are a lot cheaper.

Get more stuff, pay less money. That's what I want to do.

It's the Knoxx SpecOps model. They run about ~$120 or so; the shell holder is part of an accessory kit. I don't like the side saddle shell holder on the 90's aluminum reciever.

knx-dual_closeup_bw_pics.gif

thx997303

imported post

Nice, I now know how I want my shotgun set up. Mostly just like yours, hehe, It's pretty:D Did you have to order the knoxx stock? I wonder if any major stores sell them, I know it'd be different here.

thx997303

imported post

You guys bought up all the cheap 7.62x54R at Van Wagenens, didn't you?

Got there yesterday and they only had the more expensive stuff. Still a good price though.

4armed Architect

imported post

J&G Sales has decent prices on 500 rounds of Brown/Silver Bear FMJ and JHP 7.62x39. I just got some. While I was at it, I also ordered a Mosin Nagant, hex receiver, 91/30, handpicked for $79.95. Shipping for both the rifle and 500 rounds of ammo was just $18.50 +/-. Not bad. They also have some mil surplus 7.62x54R.

scorpioajr

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
.......in the end, I'd rather spend the money, and be able to defend my family in a SHTF scenario is something I cannot put a price on....
Four words:

Federal Hydrashock Hollow Points...

Attachments

• HST.jpg
    HST.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 175
  • HST.jpg
    HST.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 173

Mainsail

imported post

scorpioajr wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
.......in the end, I'd rather spend the money, and be able to defend my family in a SHTF scenario is something I cannot put a price on....
Four words:

The one on the right looks like a hydrashock, the one on the left looks like the much superior HST.

scorpioajr

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
scorpioajr wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
Four words:

The one on the right looks like a hydrashock, the one on the left looks like the much superior HST.

.... but the post! it has a post for "Rapid-expansion" lol - ok ok..

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

well, while on the topic of ammo..

what does +P and +P+ mean? I think there were other kinds too, not sure.

thx997303

imported post

That's plus pressure and +P+ is even higher case pressure. Not reccomended for target and shooting a lot, as it will accelerate wear on your gun, but I would feel safe using +P for self defense.

MountainManXD

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
And a Remington 870 Express Magnum is g2g as a tactical shotgun.. just add a sling. It holds 7 rounds, even in 3"

25077.jpg

I payed $270 for mine.
My wife picked me up one for $270 as well All I need is the magazine tube extender. One of those Knoxx recoil reducing stocks would be nice too.