• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are Certain Machine Guns Legal In Wisconsin Without Permit

Rick Finsta

imported post

"...shall not prohibit or interfere with...the possession of a machine gun other than one adapted to use pistol cartridges for a purpose manifestly not aggressive or offensive."

I read that as rifle cartridge machineguns are okay, but submachineguns are not. That still doesn't exempt from the federal restrictions as far as I can tell. Looks like more sloppy lawmaking to me...

edit: In fact, if you read that last phrase, it specifically exempts rifles cartridge machineguns for purposes that are "manifestly aggressive or offensive." They should have used commas to make it read: "...shall not prohibit or interfere with...the possession of a machine gun, other than one adapted to use pistol cartridges, for a purpose manifestly not aggressive or offensive."