Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When cubicle workers attack! Another reason to carry a gun at work.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Watch the guy in the dark suit sitting in the middle of the screen. I count a few assaults as well as thousands in property damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSovR...286x1200138962
    [flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/FSovRFisxTc&hl=en[/flash]
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Unreal

Post imported post

I stopped counting after the 6th assault. He was throwing computers around like a madman. That first guy got clubbed with a keyboard. If anyone was armed and could get a clear shot, I think they'd be justified in putting him down.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

The guy who got the coat/hat rach away from this idiot should have beat the **** out of him with it and then passed it around to everyone else to take their turns. Problem solved.

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    I stopped counting after the 6th assault. He was throwing computers around like a madman. That first guy got clubbed with a keyboard. If anyone was armed and could get a clear shot, I think they'd be justified in putting him down.
    I'd be careful about that. You'll notice except for hitting the first guy with a keyboard (not life threatening) his rage was vented against things. Even the one woman that got hit with the monitor was only hit because it bounced off hers.

You have to be at least under threat of serious bodily harm. Now if he started chasing people with monitors or swung the rod at people that might be different.

Post imported post

I'd say that striking someone in the head with a keyboard is serious bodily harm. Should we wait until someone else suffers SBH before we defend ourselves?

Here's the assaults as I count 'em:

1) Man #1 struck in head with keyboard

2) Man #2 shoved into wall and knocked down

3) Woman #1 struck with computer monitor bouncing off of her monitor.

4) Man #3 struck with pile of flying papers (admittedly, weak, but still an assault under the law)

5) Man #4 struck with the coat rack thing

6) Man #4 again struck in the head/face with unknown white object - not sure what it was but the guy held his head for a good couple of seconds so it must have hurt.

So you have 2 people struck in the head with an object and one guy attacked with a weapon (coat rack thing).

I say, good shoot

James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

jesus will people ever fricking learn.

how do police subdue a suspect? OVERWHELMING FORCE!!!!!!!!1

why half the men in that room couldn't have just said 'lets roll' and tackled the idiot and sat on him til the cops got there is beyond me.

Post imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:

why half the men in that room couldn't have just said 'lets roll' and tackled the idiot and sat on him til the cops got there is beyond me.
    Because they were taught at an early age that only the police can handle situations like that?

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    I'd be careful about that. You'll notice except for hitting the first guy with a keyboard (not life threatening) his rage was vented against things. Even the one woman that got hit with the monitor was only hit because it bounced off hers.

You have to be at least under threat of serious bodily harm. Now if he started chasing people with monitors or swung the rod at people that might be different.
    I agree, I wouldn't even consider using a firearm in that situation. That definitly seems a bit trigger happy to me. I guess I just don't fear oneindividual without any kind of substantial weapon going crazy on some office equipment.

Post imported post

mpg9999 wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:

I agree, I wouldn't even consider using a firearm in that situation. That definitly seems a bit trigger happy to me. I guess I just don't fear oneindividual without any kind of substantial weapon going crazy on some office equipment.
    I think that I see several substantial weapons, not to mention that he held an entire office full of people at bay for a few minutes until someone stepped up and pulled him down off the desk. Perhaps the mere display of a defensive firearm would have halted his attack. If someone came at me with a coat rack, I doubt anyone would think that deploying a defensive firearm in whatever capacity a reasonable person would, could be considered "trigger happy".

ETA - I agree with DK though, that the men should have rushed him. Its what we always see, 10 people stand around waiting for one to defend them all.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

FogRider wrote:
    DKSuddeth wrote:

Because they were taught at an early age that only the police can handle situations like that?
    No, I think it was "Violence only begets violence" And you're right ProShooter, all those men standing around while the guy wrecks their office and assaults people.

Post imported post

You know, you also have to consider the totality of the circumstances. If he hit the guy with the keyboard and walked out of the office, the threat would be over. He continued his rampage for several minutes with increasing intensity and violence. Once he attacked someone with a coat rack, that's good enough for me.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    You know, you also have to consider the totality of the circumstances. If he hit the guy with the keyboard and walked out of the office, the threat would be over. He continued his rampage for several minutes with increasing intensity and violence. Once he attacked someone with a coat rack, that's good enough for me.
    I think the wise thing to consider, unless you really do believe that someone may get killed or seriously injured, is , is it good enough for the AG and the jury at your trial?

Edit: When I took my CC class in Roanoke the best part of the class, besides range time, was talking with a pro 2A lawyer about how you can shoot yourself! He recounted a story of a man in Roanoke who awoke in the middle of the night with a man in his bed standing over him with a hachet (ax?) in his hand. The man reached over and grabbed his gun of the night stand and shot the guy dead. He then called 911 and foolishly when asked replied that he "shot the cockroach". Which you and I would not have a problem with him saying. But the AG did and took him to trial for murder. He of course was aquitted by the jury but not before it cost him $50K! The lawyer said that you should say nothing to the 911 operator other than to send an ambulance immediately! Thusly showing your deep concern for the well being of the BG.

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    Sure, if he stood there and continued to beat someone with a heavy coat rack I would agree with you. But I don't think he held anyone hostage there, looked like it was pretty easy to flee if they wanted to. Personally I would have just thrown him to the ground and held him there, but it all depends how big you are and how much training you have.

Post imported post

mpg9999 wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Sure, if he stood there and continued to beat someone with a heavy coat rack I would agree with you. But I don't think he held anyone hostage there, looked like it was pretty easy to flee if they wanted to. Personally I would have just thrown him to the ground and held him there, but it all depends how big you are and how much training you have.
    And/or, how much you're willing to get hurt. As Proshooter pointed out there were 10 men there waiting for someone to come defend them. I think they either didn't want to get bruised/bloodied or to tear their suits.

Post imported post

Bunch of pansy metro-sexuals............let somebody go crackers like that around me and I'll smack his a$$ so hard his grandkids will be born with bumps on thier heads!

Just totally unbelievable a bunch of guys would stand around and let some nutball injure others in a temper tantrum.

Not a draw and fire situation, but definitely a go-up-side-your-head, knock your crazy a$$ out affair.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

"Oh sh--. I just entered "rm *" from / with root privileges on our primary server. Well, guess I might as well go the whole nine yards."

I don't think this fella is likely to get a good reference from this place in his job search.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

OBXMIKE wrote:
    Bunch of pansy metro-sexuals............let somebody go crackers like that around me and I'll smack his a$$ so hard his grandkids will be born with bumps on thier heads!

Just totally unbelievable a bunch of guys would stand around and let some nutball injure others in a temper tantrum.

Not a draw and fire situation, but definitely a go-up-side-your-head, knock your crazy a$$ out affair.

LMAO. Just a bunch of drones. But you gotta feel sorry for them on SOME level

Post imported post

Here's the cell-cam video that the guy in the bottom right was taking. It has some sound too. Dunno the backstory or the aftermath, but people on digg.com have nailed it down to Russia and here's the preliminary translation:

[some man1]Call security, call security!...
    [some man2]Where have you been !? (to seq guy, I guess)...
    [seq. guy]Calm down bitch! (to crazy guy)....
    [woman screaming] What are you doing?! ...
    [some man] Somebody call the police
    [crazy guy screams] ./something unclear/........ ******* bitches!
    [some guy] move aside ..
    [woman screaming again] what are you doing?!!
    [crazy guy screams as they pull him on the floor] ******* BITCHES!! ..
    [some guy]calm him down!
    [that annoying woman again] you gonna kill him!! stop it !! what are you doing?!! you gonna kill him !!"
    [TAZER] bzzzz
    [woman] that's it, he's calm!
    [seq. guy 1]./something unclear/.,
    [seq. guy 2] put cell phones away
    http://www.break.com/index/office-wo...ond-angle.html

more on the digg articles (click comments if you're interested):
    http://digg.com/search?s=office&subm...moted&sort=new
    -Unrequited

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Should he mention this incident with his new employer?

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    "Oh sh--. I just entered "rm *" from / with root privileges on our primary server. Well, guess I might as well go the whole nine yards."
    Then someone should have yelled "Dude! You're okay! You forgot the '-r'!".

Post imported post

OBXMIKE wrote:

Well put! I see no need for a firearm in this situation.....a good old fashion a$$ whoopin....yes. If nobody was gonna do anything....why didn't they all exit stage right....or left...I saw two easy routes out of the room!

Post imported post

I think those secondary videos nailed it.

After he beat the crap out of the copier, the security guy confronted him and the crazy guy swung that big wooden coat rack and hit the security guy.

In my mind, right then, he reached the point ofusing deadly force. Now, luckily the security guy had a set of stones (more than the other men in the room).He went after the crazy guy and took the coat rack from him. If someone swings a heavy wooden object like that coat rack, or a 2x4, or a Louisville Slugger and you dont think that your justified in drawing a defensive firearm, you're going to be one dead hombre. The increasing level of violence is more than enough to put everyone in fear of serious bodily harm.

ETA - the others could have left the area but the security guy has a responsibility to intervene due to his position. He certainly had the use of deadly force attempted against him in that instance.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

What this guy needed was a spanking.
    Someone should have whipped off their belt and started wailing.

I would like to know theback story as to the why he lost it.

The fact that these people just stood there, not escaping or going on the offensive is beyond me.:?

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I also do not understand the thumb-up-the-butt-and-watch position of most of those people. On the other hand, I don't see pulling my pistol in that situation either. If I were an employee there, I would have gotten people out of the room and let the guy destroy as much as he wanted until the authorities arrived. :shock:

On the flip side though, as a business owner, had that been one of my employees at my business, I would have put a cap in his a$$ after he threw the first monitor and referred to it as a "negative performance review" and a "redirection to appropriate tasking."
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast