Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 90

Thread: D.C. Cops to Lock Down Parts of City, Demand ID from Citizens

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lake Stevens, Washington, USA
    Posts
    65

    Post imported post

    http://www.infowars.com/?p=2535THIS OUTTA GET PEOPLE PISSED OFF

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morgan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Post imported post

    bayfire66 wrote:
    http://www.infowars.com/?p=2535THIS OUTTA GET PEOPLE PISSED OFF
    -"Papieren Bitte"

    OMG, this is getting ridicuolus. I can't just be out walking to get some fresh air or get to know the town OTHER than I live in. Be looking for an apartment. -"Sorry, officer, but I am looking at apartments." LEO -"No, you are not. Turn around and put your hands behind your back. You have the right to remain silent due to the fact that you were NOT in YOUR neighborhood, and we a "reasonable reason" to believe you are NOT telling the truth"....:shock:....:what:.....



    I am lost for words...

    Can I say Germany, Soviet Union, etc ?



    TJ

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member Jim675's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bellevue, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,037

    Post imported post

    What a bunch of dumb a$$es. Assuming (!) that they can actually patrol these new borders better then our current borders, criminals will still do crime it will just be closer to home.

    Even if these folks are in prison locked down to a ward with guards watching and far more restricted supply lines they still mange to get drugs and kill each other. Six cops guarding a neighborhood are going to be more effective?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richland, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    14

    Post imported post

    Peter Nickles, the city’s interim attorney general, said the quarantine would have “a narrow focus.”

    “This is a very targeted program that has been used in other cities,” Nickles told The Examiner. “I’m not worried about the constitutionality of it.”



    I guess if they were worried about the constitutionality of it they wouldn't be doing it. I hate to be pessimistic but it seems that we are edging ever closer to being a police state.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lake Stevens, Washington, USA
    Posts
    65

    Post imported post

    I'm afraid that things are gonna get far worse than they are now. The funny thing is most people don't even care and they demand this all under the quise of safety.They better read history books on Nazi Germany and many other socialist countries.But remember they can't really do anything until they take our guns away and they are slowing trying to do that.The USA is the last great nation that allows there citizens to own firearms and the UN wants Us to give them up.

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member Jim675's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bellevue, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,037

    Post imported post

    “This is a very targeted program that has been used in other cities,” Nickles told The Examiner. “I’m not worried about the constitutionality of it.”

    Yeah. If we violate one neighborhood at a time it should be just fine since the Constitution doesn't say anything like
    "...nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

    The police chief should drive himself to jail via the most direct route possible.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boise, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    240

    Post imported post

    utterly digusting

    link to washingtin post



    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...060402205.html

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    Anyone up for a walk through DC?





    And, on an entirely unrelated note, is it legal to carry bear mace in DC?



  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    561

    Post imported post

    imperialism2024 wrote:
    Anyone up for a walk through DC?





    And, on an entirely unrelated note, is it legal to carry bear mace in DC?

    I know you probably already know the answer to that, but for those who don't, mace, pepper sprayand effective defensive weapons of any kind are prohibited in the District.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Laveen, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    432

    Post imported post

    There is no way violence is out-of-control in DC. Weapons are banned there.

  11. #11
    Regular Member MetalChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,215

    Post imported post

    Notso wrote:
    There is no way violence is out-of-control in DC. Weapons are banned there.
    Don't you know that the criminals in DC get al of their guns from gun shows in Virginia?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Manhattan, Kansas, USA
    Posts
    309

    Post imported post

    I almost didn't believe it first - thought it was a typing error and they were talking about some place in Iraq or Afghanistan.

    All I can say is... Holy S#&$!!!!! :shock:

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763

    Post imported post

    First you guys need to get your info from someplace besides infowars, try a google and get some more info on this and read about from someone besides a crackpot radio host.



    Second the area of DC they are doing this in is not someplace any of us would want to go into anyway.



    Third we as gun owners are always calling for a crackdown on the criminals and that is exactly what this is. A drastic measure to get rid of the thugs.



    Will it work? More than likely no. The ACLU is going to file lawsuits against the city over this.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,412

    Post imported post

    Vegassteve wrote:
    Third we as gun owners are always calling for a crackdown on the criminals and that is exactly what this is. A drastic measure to get rid of the thugs.
    There are drastic measures, and then there are blatant constitutional violations. You can take a good idea to far.

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member Jim675's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bellevue, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,037

    Post imported post

    Vegassteve wrote:
    First you guys need to get your info from someplace besides infowars, try a google and get some more info on this and read about from someone besides a crackpot radio host.

    See the Washington Post link above.

    Second the area of DC they are doing this in is not someplace any of us would want to go into anyway.

    Where does it say in the Constitution which neighborhoods it applies to?

    Third we as gun owners are always calling for a crackdown on the criminals and that is exactly what this is. A drastic measure to get rid of the thugs.

    I personally have never called for extra-legal means to arrest suspects.

    Will it work? More than likely no. The ACLU is going to file lawsuits against the city over this.

    Good. All of our rights are inter-dependant. While the ACLU sucks on RKBA it does help on speech, freedom, assembly, search, etc. And those rights help protect the 2A.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763

    Post imported post

    FogRider wrote:
    Vegassteve wrote:
    Third we as gun owners are always calling for a crackdown on the criminals and that is exactly what this is. A drastic measure to get rid of the thugs.
    There are drastic measures, and then there are blatant constitutional violations. You can take a good idea to far.




    Ok since it violates the constitution, please cite how, again quick to toss this around but no one ever seems to back it up, what would you do? we are quick to complain but not very quick to offer solutions.

  17. #17
    Regular Member MetalChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,215

    Post imported post

    Vegassteve wrote:
    Third we as NEO-CONS are always calling for a crackdown on the criminals and that is exactly what this is. A drastic measure to get rid of the thugs.
    Correction made.

    Not all gun owners are neo-cons.

  18. #18
    Newbie cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,335

    Post imported post

    Vegassteve wrote:
    Third we as gun owners are always calling for a crackdown on the criminals and that is exactly what this is. A drastic measure to get rid of the thugs.
    Maybe they should try the drastic measure of calling out and arming the militia and thenconstitutionally enforcing the statues that exist against violent criminal action?

    I'd love it if in my city I was paired with one or two armed law-a-biding citizens backing me upwhile on patrol.

  19. #19
    Regular Member MetalChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,215

    Post imported post

    Vegassteve wrote:
    Ok since it violates the constitution, please cite how, again quick to toss this around but no one ever seems to back it up, what would you do? we are quick to complain but not very quick to offer solutions.
    I wouldgivecitizens the means to defend themselves and their families against the criminal scum that has taken over DC. Once people are allowed to defend themselves I guarantee you the crime rate will drop.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763

    Post imported post

    USAF_MetalChris wrote:
    Vegassteve wrote:
    Third we as NEO-CONS are always calling for a crackdown on the criminals and that is exactly what this is. A drastic measure to get rid of the thugs.
    Correction made.

    Not all gun owners are neo-cons.
    How about NO the correction is not made. I as a gun owner like you and others want them to take down the criminal, not my guns etc. So now that some sort of solution is put up we all complain. Instead of JUST complaining, how about we offer a better solution? Or is that outside the realm of this forums thinkers? Again I agree that it will not work on any sort of level. Its just a foolish show by DC Metro. Not all gun owners are willing to listen to nutjobs like Alex at info wars either.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763

    Post imported post

    cato wrote:
    Vegassteve wrote:
    Third we as gun owners are always calling for a crackdown on the criminals and that is exactly what this is. A drastic measure to get rid of the thugs.
    Maybe they should try the drastic measure of calling out and arming the militia and thenconstitutionally enforcing the statues that exist against violent criminal action?

    I'd love it if in my city I was paired with one or two armed law-a-biding citizens backing me upwhile on patrol.
    Ok thats a good idea. I gree with you on this.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763

    Post imported post

    USAF_MetalChris wrote:
    Vegassteve wrote:
    Ok since it violates the constitution, please cite how, again quick to toss this around but no one ever seems to back it up, what would you do? we are quick to complain but not very quick to offer solutions.
    I wouldgivecitizens the means to defend themselves and their families against the criminal scum that has taken over DC. Once people are allowed to defend themselves I guarantee you the crime rate will drop.
    Ok another good idea.

  23. #23
    Regular Member MetalChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,215

    Post imported post

    ^^

    My idea is up there somewhere.

    To suggest that it's a good idea to violate the Constitution to capture criminals is indeed a neo-conservative approach. Patriot Act anyone?

    Vegassteve wrote:
    USAF_MetalChris wrote:
    Vegassteve wrote:
    Third we as NEO-CONS are always calling for a crackdown on the criminals and that is exactly what this is. A drastic measure to get rid of the thugs.
    Correction made.

    Not all gun owners are neo-cons.
    How about NO the correction is not made. I as a gun owner like you and others want them to take down the criminal, not my guns etc. So now that some sort of solution is put up we all complain. Instead of JUST complaining, how about we offer a better solution? Or is that outside the realm of this forums thinkers? Again I agree that it will not work on any sort of level. Its just a foolish show by DC Metro. Not all gun owners are willing to listen to nutjobs like Alex at info wars either.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Firestone, Colorado
    Posts
    1,189

    Post imported post

    Vegassteve wrote:
    Ok since it violates the constitution, please cite how, again quick to toss this around but no one ever seems to back it up, what would you do? we are quick to complain but not very quick to offer solutions.
    If you're asking how it violates the constitution, well, it violates the hell out of the fourth amendment, for starters. Unreasonable searches, seizures, requirement to produce papers...

    If you're asking how to solve the problem -- drop the gun ban and legalize CC to empower the decent citizens left in these pestholes and then legalize drugs, regulate them like alcohol, with vice taxes to fund education and rehab programs. The gangs will dry up and blow away without their prime source of income, and when they go after decent people they'll find themselves outnumbered and outgunned.

    You wanted a drastic solution... there ya go! And it's perfectly constitutional.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Castle Rock, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    779

    Post imported post

    Vegassteve wrote:
    Second the area of DC they are doing this in is not someplace any of us would want to go into anyway.


    The capitol building?:celebrate


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •