• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local Policy on Reloading Components

BrianEMT

imported post

Hello all, I'll be back in Boise in about a week...got into reloading through a buddy here in Hippieville Oregon and now I am looking to buy reloading components...did you miss me? ;)

My question is one where the answer has always been iffy, what are Cabelas' and Sportsmans' policy on the sale of pistol reloading COMPONENTS to someone who is 19?

I've already loaded up on about 3000 brass and 2000 bullets, so I am good on those for now...and I have bought smokeless pistol powder before...so I suppose the question NOW is really what the ACTUAL age is to purchase pistol PRIMERS.

I hate being carded, especially if it turns out I actually CANNOT buy it and there are people standing behind me.

bourneshooter

imported post

Don't know anything about the laws on reloading components but haven't worred about it since there are people in my living location that are way over 21 so I don't really have to worry about that yet.

Means that this is Idaho, I'd guess that there is no restrictions though.