• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reply from Kmart (Sears)

WARCHILD

imported post

I just recieved this reply from Kmart (Sears). I have again sent emails to the corporate offices of Kmart, Meijers, Walmart, Home Depot, and others. This is the first response so far.

Wed, 4 Jun 2008 20:06:32 -0500 (CDT)

"Kmart Help" <help@customerservice.kmart.com>

"Jerry Brewer" <warchild44spcl@yahoo.com>

Re: Handgun carry (KMM495943I15977L0KM)

Dear Mr. Brewer,
Thank you for contacting Sears.
It is Sears policy that no weapons be allowed in the stores.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Once again, thank you for contacting Sears.

Dennis H.
National Customer Relations
Sears Holdings Corporation

I will post the others as I get them. I will also go by the stores and see if they have this posted on/near the store entrance. If they don't, I guess they can't complain about CC!

Here is the reply from Home Depot, confusing I know, but at least it's an answer; which is not the same one I got from the Corunna store.

[/b]Fri, 6 Jun 2008 06:13:57 -0400 (EDT)
[/b]"HD Consumer Affairs" <hdconsumeraffairs@homedepot.com>
[/b]warchild44spcl@yahoo.com
[/b]Re: Other Website Question

Dear Jerry,
The Home Depot Customer Care is in receipt of your email. We appreciate you taking the time to email us. Our general policy is not to ban customers from carrying firearms on the Home Depot property in those states having a concealed firearm law, provided they are carrying the firearm in accordance with the applicable laws.

If the firearm is not concealed in accordance with the carrying permit (typically that means concealed and cannot be seen by members of the public), it is up to the manager based on personal comfort level to approach the individual directly and request them to leave the premises or to contact local law enforcement for purposes of having the individual removed.
Thank you for contacting us.
Sincerely,
Ricky
Customer Care

provided they are carrying the firearm in accordance with the applicable laws.

That about covers open carry!

If the firearm is not concealed in accordance with the carrying permit (typically that means concealed and cannot be seen by members of the public), ????? :banghead:

Here we go with that MUST be concealed to be CPL legal, train of thought again. They must have asked a CPL instructor the answer to this question.
At any rateat least I did get an answer. Haven't hear fromMeijers yet, though I've been told it's the same as Sears. I don't shop there anyway and don't know if they have a sign posted in their door to express this.
I will continue to post any new responsesI get.

Ruger001

imported post

Odds are they will all say "NO" because of liability ,even if there is not a policy.. If not posted do not worry about it and leave if asked...

SpringerXDacp

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
I just recieved this reply from Kmart (Sears). I have again sent emails to the corporate offices of Kmart, Meijers, Walmart, Home Depot, and others. This is the first response so far.

Wed, 4 Jun 2008 20:06:32 -0500 (CDT)

"Kmart Help" <help@customerservice.kmart.com>

"Jerry Brewer" <warchild44spcl@yahoo.com>

Re: Handgun carry (KMM495943I15977L0KM)

Dear Mr. Brewer,]
Thank you for contacting Sears.
It is Sears policy that no weapons be allowed in the stores.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Once again, thank you for contacting Sears.

Dennis H.
National Customer Relations
Sears Holdings Corporation

I will post the others as I get them. I will also go by the stores and see if they have this posted on/near the store entrance. If they don't, I guess they can't complain about CC!

Just talked to the Security Manager at Walmart, he supports the right to open carry and has no problem with it in the Owosso store. He was informed that Walmart's policy is what ever state law allows. :celebrateHomeDepot--sameanswer--:celebrate

As I have stated before, I would rather get permission and avoid any panic BEFORE I choose to open carry in ANY business. I am trying to spread the word, not panic and harm the movement.
Good job Jerry.

Michigander

imported post

Granted I'm in Arizona, but I've been regularly OCing in Home Depot with no complaints. In any place dominated by contractors, you won't have much gun phobia.

Furner

imported post

No big loss on Sears. Im finding less and less that I even care to buy there anymore. And I am sick of returning tools for refurbed ones that will probably break in a day anyways.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I OC'ed a few times a week in my local K- AmeApart and they never said a single word. They must have assumed I was legal (and I was) and that was that.