• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Closing threads IS BS

bayfire66

imported post

Oh so now we don't have freedom of speech on here anymore and the moderators just do what they want when they feel like it? General discussion is just that general disscusion.which can be anything it is.And who said anything about cop bashing?When i see posts all the time about being detained and harrased by cops about ocing what do u think people are gonna think about cops?They do have way too much power in my opinion.But hell what do i know.

imperialism2024

imported post

There is no freedom of speech here. This is John and Mike's site. They don't have to allow any of us onto it.

However, aside from that, we tend to moderate ourselves here. That's why we're a respectable online community... because the membership generally has an interest in maintaining the order of the site.

Cop-bashing is a complicated issue. On one hand, OCers do run into LEOs once in a while, and even rarer do they have bad encounters with LEOs. It is not necessary to suppress these accounts. However, there has been a recent spate of anti-LEO sentiment generally. Not all LEOs want to beat and taser you. However, this anti-LEO sentiment seems to want to breed that opinion. While it might not be smart to talk to police, there's no reason to continually post about how they're all evil.

There's a point to be made that since LEOs are primarily used to enforce malum prohibitum laws, they are all signing up to violate citizens' rights as part of their job requirement. However, 99% of LEOs are not fabricating evidence, beating citizens, and engaging in other offensive behavior, and these are two separate issues.

Especially in matters not related to OC. "General discussion" was defined rather early in the forum's existance as moreso "General Firearms and Carry Discussion" than just a free-for-all. It was never the intention of the admins for it to be a "lounge"-type forum.

LEO 229

imported post

Please take the time to review the two threads below. Since you are a new member with very few posts I am going to doubt you have read these very important posts from the owner.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum3/7073.html

Please note that the attached note to the General Discussion forum...

"Use this area for discussions that are somewhat off-topic or that do not fit anywhere else. Topics should still be related to the focus of the forum and all other rules of behavior still apply here."