• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick question about restaurants

Guns&Dobes

imported post

Hi guys, I live in TN and am traveling this weekend to GainsevilleFL for a graduation. We have reciprocity with FL and I understand that I must CC only in FL and not only that but to not let it print. Here in TN it doesn't matter how we carry.

Anyway, my question, someome said in another thread"bar sections of restaurants are off limits". Does that mean that I can CC carry legally into a restaurant that serves as long as I am in the dining section only and not atthe bar drinking? For example we haveRuby Tuesdays here and they serve. I am not sure you have those down there in FL or if they serve butI am using an example. Here in TN we cannot carry into a restaurant if they serve alcoholic drinks period.

After graduation we want to go out to a nice restaurant with family before heading back home and I want to be able to put my handgun on after I come out of the graduation ceremony.

Also, is carrying inside a purse (I'm female btw) considered ok in FL? I don't like to carry in purse, I prefer having my weapon on my person but I want to make sure I am completely concealed and that might be my best choice.

Thanks for any response.

G&D

PS I don't know why it posted my name that way!!! My nick here is Guns&Dobes.... YUCK LOL

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Welcome to OCO, G&D. First, IANAL, nor do a play a lawyer on TV :D. Basically you are correct. I've bolded what you are referring to.
Here is the quote from the FL Statute...

790.06 (12) No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize any person to carry a concealed weapon or firearm into any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05; any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station; any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom; any polling place; any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district; any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof; any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms; any school administration building; any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose; any elementary or secondary school facility; any career center; any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile; inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law.

The type of restaurant you describe is like a Chili's, Applebees, Ruby Tuesday's, etc. As fr Conceal Carry, it means what it says. Better not print - no open carry.

You may want to also peruse the Florida GunForum website, too.

gary

imported post

The eating places are fine as long as you aren't at the bar.

Also, carrying in a purse is fine. FL law says that it has to be in control, so in a purse which is in your control is fine.

Enjoy the trip.

Guns&Dobes

imported post

Thanks guys.........well been there and back, everything went smooth. We ended up at a Chinese restaurant that didn't serve drinks so no worries there and I did carry in purse soit was concealed well. I do actually hate having it in my purse but at least it was a way to know that it would not be seen which in turn made me much more comfortable. :)