Thread: New Indiana Jones movie...

State Researcher

Post imported post

Did anyone else notice that one of the BHPs (or 1911s, I couldn't tell) used in the movie had an external extractor? How hard is it to get period-accurate firearms for a high budget movie? And another interesting fact: Not a single shot was fired by a "good guy" in the entire movie. :?

Post imported post

Though I think you implied it, I'm guessing that those making the movies aren't so much concerned about the histrical and mechanical correctness of the guns, but moreso their "guns! scary! evil!" effect.

Post imported post

soon we'll be down to this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ruRU_bkggpg

Post imported post

563 wrote:

LOL

State Researcher

Post imported post

danbus wrote:
    563 wrote:

LOL
    +1 LOL. I was never that lucky playing guns as a kid. We always got into the "you missed!...nuh uh! I hit you!....NUH UH! YOU MISSED, I HIT YOU!!!" fight lol.

State Researcher

Post imported post

You're suprised about this when they CGI'd out all of the guns from E.T. and replaced them with walkie talkies? I saw it on TV the other day -- was funny as hell to see a guy 'clearing' the back of a van with a walkie talkie.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Wynder wrote:
    You're suprised about this when they CGI'd out all of the guns from E.T. and replaced them with walkie talkies? I saw it on TV the other day -- was funny as hell to see a guy 'clearing' the back of a van with a walkie talkie.
    Can someone post a link to a video clip of this? I wasn't aware they had done that..

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    Did anyone else notice that one of the BHPs (or 1911s, I couldn't tell) used in the movie had an external extractor? How hard is it to get period-accurate firearms for a high budget movie? And another interesting fact: Not a single shot was fired by a "good guy" in the entire movie. :?
    I enjoyed the movie.

I did so because I not only ignored the minor gun problems, but the major scientific problems as well. Of course I have to do that with most movies...I just tell myself....Its a movie...not an art form or anything else.

I turn off the analytical part of my brain and just enjoy.

Tarzan

State Researcher

Post imported post

Don't see any clips up on YouTube, but here's 1982:

http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/et_15.jpg

and 2002:

http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/et_16.jpg

Post imported post

Wynder wrote:

and 2002:

Where's that puke emoticon when you need it...

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    And another interesting fact: Not a single shot was fired by a "good guy" in the entire movie. :?
    Well, Indy did used his gun to save their lives without even having to fire a shot. That was one of the more realistic parts of the movie.

I still can't get over the fact that they could expect use to believe that the commies could put that much lead in the air withoutsomeoneeven beinghit by a piece of shrapnel. . . but it is just a movie.

State Researcher

Post imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
    DreQo wrote:
    I enjoyed the movie.

I did so because I not only ignored the minor gun problems, but the major scientific problems as well. Of course I have to do that with most movies...I just tell myself....Its a movie...not an art form or anything else.

I turn off the analitical part of my brain and just enjoy.

Tarzan
    So you did enjoy it? Even with the gun and scientific problems aside, I still thought it was a flop. :?

State Researcher

Post imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
    Wynder wrote:

and 2002:

Where's that puke emoticon when you need it...
    [img]file:///C:/Users/chade/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/img]

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    tarzan1888 wrote:
    DreQo wrote:
    I enjoyed the movie.

I turn off the analytical part of my brain and just enjoy.

Tarzan
    So you did enjoy it? Even with the gun and scientific problems aside, I still thought it was a flop. :?
    Yea I enjoyed it.....But you have to realize that My wife and Kids believe that I Think I am Indiana Jones.......I don't

Indiana Jones, is a fictitious anthropologist, who wears a brown fedora, and a brown leather jacket, carries a whip and a gun and wonders around in the jungles, ignoring sound anthropological scientific practices and looks for treasure in the ground.

I, on the other hand am a real life geologist, who wears a brown fedora, and a brown leather jacket, carries a whip and a gun and wonders around in the jungles, observing sound geological scientific practices and looks for treasure in the ground.

We have nothing in common.

Below is a picture of me doing field work in Kentucky. You can plainly see that we are nothing alike.

Tarzan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

Indiana Jones is certainly not nearly as blurry as you are :P
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    What can I say..... The guy who was with me is in his 70's and can't hold a camera steady.

Tarzan

Here is one in my motel room that is not so fuzzy.

Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
    Indiana Jones, is a fictitious anthropologist, who wears a brown fedora, and a brown leather jacket, carries a whip and a gun and wonders around in the jungles, ignoring sound anthropological scientific practices and looks for treasure in the ground.

I, on the other hand am a real life geologist, who wears a brown fedora, and a brown leather jacket, carries a whip and a gun and wonders around in the jungles, observing sound geological scientific practices and looks for treasure in the ground.

We have nothing in common.

Below is a picture of me doing field work in Kentucky. You can plainly see that we are nothing alike.

Tarzan
    Careful, Steven Spielberg might sue you for copyright infringment.
    DISCLAIMER: This post may contain libertarian ideas and language that are consistent with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, including a belief in liberty, rule of law, and natural rights. It may also contain opinions critical of government and the tyrannies being committed by such. If you are an authoritarian, statist, or other freedom hater, side effects of reading this post may include high blood pressure, loose stool, severe genital itching, and diarrhea of the mouth.

Post imported post

kenshin wrote:
    Careful, Steven Spielberg might sue you for copyright infringment.
    What....?

I can't help it if he looks like me.

Tarzan

Post imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:
    What can I say..... The guy who was with me is in his 70's and can't hold a camera steady.

Tarzan

Here is one in my motel room that is not so fuzzy.

you're lucky this is an OC forum, or I'd fire up photoshop and make you cry with laughter.