• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Larry's Guns Again.......

Trigger Dr

imported post

Bruce,

We sell those at the store, The blue is $279.00 and the stainless is $439.00 IIRC

Use your retired Minitary ID and get 5% off.

Jim

kparker

imported post

Trigger,

We sell those at the store
Is that new production, or just what's left from previous shipments? I sure had a heck of a time at the Baretta website trying to figure out if the tip-up in .380 is still available nor not, and eventually decided maybe not.

Marty,

No need to rack the slide ever.
Except if you have a FTF/FTE, right?

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
Marty, do you have a personal recommendation for little old ladies? My wife doesn't quite qualify, but close. I would love for her to be able to carry a semi-auto, but she can't rack the slide of my .45 . Any suggestions?
Check this out: http://corneredcat.com/RunGun/rack.aspx

See if she can rack the slide using her body strength instead of just forearm strength. Hold the pistol close to the body and push the gun forward instead of pulling the slide back.

Ajetpilot

imported post

asforme wrote:
See if she can rack the slide using her body strength instead of just forearm strength. Hold the pistol close to the body and push the gun forward instead of pulling the slide back.

Thanks for the info. We'll try it today. She lost a lot of strength in that arm due to an operation about ten years ago, and never gained it back.

Edit: Good information on that link, BTW. Thanks.

Marty Hayes

imported post

kparker wrote:
Trigger,

We sell those at the store
Is that new production, or just what's left from previous shipments? I sure had a heck of a time at the Baretta website trying to figure out if the tip-up in .380 is still available nor not, and eventually decided maybe not.

Marty,

No need to rack the slide ever.
Except if you have a FTF/FTE, right?
I was wondering if anyone would catch that. The answer is no, because the Beretta 86 is a blow back only, racking the slide will not clear the chamber, because there is no extractor. That is one strike against the gun. But, in the copy I have, it has never failed to eject, (likely because it doesn't rely upon an extractor to get the job done).

nofoa

imported post

I have a suggestion for store policy. 5% off for anyone who openly carries in your store, or shows you a CPL. Bound to get more business and encourage people to 2nd amendment up.

kparker

imported post

Marty,

Oh, yeah. Blowback... no extractor... ... I'm just writing first, thinking later.

But sure, if there's no extractor then it can't fail. Does that mean that only an actual case rupture would be able to cause a FTE?

Bear 45/70

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
asforme wrote:

Thanks for the info. We'll try it today. She lost a lot of strength in that arm due to an operation about ten years ago, and never gained it back.

Edit: Good information on that link, BTW. Thanks.
The strength issue in the handsafter surgery :cuss:is why I quit carrying a 1911 and went with a 44 Special revolver. Same ballistics without the slide issue.

Wheelgunner

imported post

Oh Yes.

A 44 Special revolver is the way to go. With low strength hands you are asking for a malfunction in an auto. Plus, can you imagine having to teach malfunction drills to your Mom?

An L frame smith in either stainless (heavy) or the new night guard series (Titanium) is the way to go.

Best ammo is the Winchester Silvertip.

Attachments

• 44special_3.jpg
    44special_3.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 175

Bear 45/70

imported post

For less expensive there are the Charter Arms Bulldog "PUG". When I was real bad right after my surgeries I even install extra large grips.

PC290012a.jpg

Now it looks like the wife's SS model but hers is DA only.

74421.gif

Trigger Dr

imported post

don't forget the Rossi 44 5 shot

Attachments

• Rossi 44 002.jpg
    Rossi 44 002.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 173